Prince Gallitzin State Park?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Prince Gallitzin State Park?

Anybody familiar with that place?

I will be in Loretto (west of Altoona) for an alumni weekend the end of July and my wife and I want to ride there. It will be the first time back to the park in 30 years and definitely the first time without beer and girls as the focus.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Hey Rev,

A while back a poster named Mike Kline posted a topic about riding in Northern Cambria, the thread is located on pg 3. He did not specifically mention Prince Gallitzin State park but you might want to try dropping him an email.

If you do find some riding up a there could you post about it here or Passion because my Grandma lives up in Patton and I would not mind bringing my bike next time. Also, have fun at your St. Francis reunion. My brother went there from '91-'06, I do not know how you guys went to a school that small in the middle of nowwhere, but to each his own.

db

mtbr member

Thanks

Yeah, to each his own. For me, St. Francis and Loretto were a perfect match. My older son graduated from a small Catholic college and would not have wanted anything else. My younger son goes to a hugh university in Montreal and would not think of living anywhere but a large city.

Too bad I didn't have a mountain bike back in my era (67-71). Well, I did have a mountain bike as a kid and rode trails all my life we just didn't know those fat tire cruisers with multiple gears and rim brakes were mountain bikes. Damn Californians think they invented the sport but I beat them by decades.