potter in april ...- Mtbr.com

Feb 2007

potter in april ...

coming up first weekend of april and if no snow , gonna ride . i'll be in galeton area . where is the best ridding at ? i rode asaph several times but want to know if theres something else . how's old bull ? the last time i rode asaph the whole top of mt. was logged out and mud 2 feet deep for 2 miles from logging trucks . we lost the trail because of it . anyone from the area ?

No Gansta Lean here.
    Feb 2004
    There used to be a rider who posted on here now and again who lived in the Galeton area. Had a bunch of his own trails that he built. Seemed pretty nice as (if I remember correctly) he would offer to ride with folks to show them around.

Can't remember his screen name though....

Can anyone else help?
    EWR-HE-148-11-4-97
    Microbeer's Better!

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    i got nothin to help with on who that might have been. from all my experiences between bradford and wellsboro is pretty much the mt biking deadlands. there's more wilderness there than you could ever want, but so few people on two wheels.

i'd look into wellsboro. i know there's a shop there, and the laurel classic course is well liked.

Keep on Rockin...

He moved...

Quote Originally Posted by Eastcoaster
    There used to be a rider who posted on here now and again who lived in the Galeton area. Had a bunch of his own trails that he built. Seemed pretty nice as (if I remember correctly) he would offer to ride with folks to show them around.

Can't remember his screen name though....

Can anyone else help?
    If I know who you are talking about. (He still owns a cabin at the top of Denton however, and plans to visit between March and April.)

Anyway, the single track may be ok but I doubt if it's getting much maintenance. Getting to the singletrack via logging roads can be utterly miserable until the roads dry out. By late April you should be safe on the logging roads. As long as the snow is gone the single track is usually good to go.

The single track that was there was good stuff.

Certain parts of the STS would be great to ride, but biking the STS is suppose to be illegal. Too bad as its often the bikers cleaning the trails.

S&G CREW
    Feb 2008
    I used to camp there all the time mainly for fishing but i rode commissioner run trail that goes around denton hill nothing hard alot of double track and i also rode by colton point and it was alot of the same.Ole bull i heard is pretty remote but its supposed to be really good they do have a 24 hour race there so it cant be that bad i would try that.

Keep on Rockin...

Ole Bull

Quote Originally Posted by Prophet bill
    I used to camp there all the time mainly for fishing but i rode commissioner run trail that goes around denton hill nothing hard alot of double track and i also rode by colton point and it was alot of the same.Ole bull i heard is pretty remote but its supposed to be really good they do have a 24 hour race there so it cant be that bad i would try that.
    Pretty much all logging roads down at Ole Bull.

S&G CREW
    Feb 2008
    Yeah looks like youre right only about 5 of 15,16 miles are singletrack rest rough forest roads.

Feb 2007
    thanks for the input people , i appreciate it .

Members who have read this thread: 0