Please help me with SE PA Trail recommendations- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Aug 2007

Please help me with SE PA Trail recommendations

My friends and I prodominately ride March Creek and French Creek. We are hoping to expand a bit this year. Are there any more aggressive trails around the area? I heard there were some decent trails in Delaware but I have not ridden them. TIA.
    12 Specialized SJ EVO 29
    11 Specialized SJ FSR Expert EVO
    08 Specialized SJ FSR Expert
    06 Enduro w/ "Pushed" Fox DHX 5.0

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    rocky ridge in york...its not huge or long but its pretty aggressive at times.

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    If you like French Creek and the rocks then you will love Mt. Penn/ Antietam. Its about twenty minutes from there and well worth it. If you have never been there you will probably want to go with someone who knows the trails because there are so many ways to go.

NEPMCPMBA President
    Jul 2007
    check out the downingtown trail system:

http://trail.motionbased.com/trail/activity/6782178

Most of the trails are listed under the "Gibson Covered Bridge" entry of the mtbr trail reviews.

Oct 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Tunedin302
    My friends and I prodominately ride March Creek and French Creek. We are hoping to expand a bit this year. Are there any more aggressive trails around the area? I heard there were some decent trails in Delaware but I have not ridden them. TIA.
    It's a toss up to me on which is rockier Bear Creek or Spring Mount. Both are fun if you like technical trails. Not as many rocks and still fun is Green Lane. It's a little faster yet some small technical areas. No big rock gardens like Bear Creek.

mtbr member
    Goto Wissahickon, you'll be happy you did

West Chester, PA
    Sep 2006
    I live in west chester and I usually ride these -

wissahickon in philly (my favorite for years, most challenging in the area)

marsh creek in downingtown (kinda short but fun)

Fair hill near newark de (its actually in md I believe)

brandywine park near wilmington

carousel farm park in pike creek de

NEPMCPMBA President
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by 92gli
    wissahickon in philly (my favorite for years, most challenging in the area)
    I love wissahickon, as well... but I wouldn't call it "most challenging" in the area. Check out Bear Creek for that. Super short ride, but ultra-technical.

I'm more of a dog person
    White Clay/ Middle Run in DE
    Fair Hills in MD
    Wiss (already been said and not that challenging)
    Belmont Plateau (Philly)
    Betzwood (near KOP)
    Salisbury (Bethlehem)
    South Mountain (Bethlehem)
    South Mountain (Emmaus)
    High Rocks/ Ralph Stover (near Point Pleasant)
    Sourlands (NJ)
    Jim Thorpe (always fun)

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by BDogg
    It's a toss up to me on which is rockier Bear Creek or Spring Mount. Both are fun if you like technical trails. Not as many rocks and still fun is Green Lane. It's a little faster yet some small technical areas. No big rock gardens like Bear Creek.
    I 2nd Bear Creek and Spring Mountain for trails that are more aggressive than French Creek. Bear Creek is a good 12 mile or so loop with a decent climb to start and some really good rocky, technical downhill on the backside. Spring mountain is a series of short trails that have a variety of big drops and stunts mixed in. Both are good, but some (optional) parts of Spring I wouldn't go near without full on armor and DH gear.

You could also look into South Mountain up in Bethlehem for serious freeride business.

I'm more of a dog person
    Quote Originally Posted by squads
    I 2nd Bear Creek and Spring Mountain for trails that are more aggressive than French Creek. Bear Creek is a good 12 mile or so loop with a decent climb to start and some really good rocky, technical downhill on the backside. Spring mountain is a series of short trails that have a variety of big drops and stunts mixed in. Both are good, but some (optional) parts of Spring I wouldn't go near without full on armor and DH gear.

You could also look into South Mountain up in Bethlehem for serious freeride business.
    Beaar Creek is more like 8 miles, not 12. Its a pretty short ride.

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    for most "aggressive" trails in SE PA look into riding at Mt. Penn aka The Pagoda aka Duryea Downhill aka Reading. They are more legit DH trails geared towards organized shuttling, so you may need a tour guide the first time, but after that you'll be mad you didn't go sooner! We have jumps, rocks, chutes, hucks, and everything else you could want in a DH variety, well everything except stunts like northshore stuff cause the township doesn't let that fly anymore with the liability they bring.

Ride mt penn, you'll love it.

Members who have read this thread: 0