Pittsburg July 29-Aug 2- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    May 2012

Pittsburg July 29-Aug 2

Hey All,
    I'm in the area for the next week with a bmx bike, an AM bike and a singlespeed in tow (and a nightlight). I'd love to get a taste of the trails around here as best I can, from XC to dirt jumps or built / natural stuff. I am staying in Green Tree, right off 376.

I'll be free every day after 3, and was looking to get an idea of places to ride, food to grub on, or places to drink and get the local color... Any suggestions? THANKS!
    Mike

Dr. Bike
    Mar 2006
    You could bring all three of your bikes to North Park, which is about 20 minutes north of Pittsburgh. When there, search for the pool area and you'll find a skills park with some really nice dirt jumps. Near the skills park is the "Dr. J" trail which has some nice drops and features that would be more suitable for your all mountain bike, and then take a tour of the rest of the great XC trails surrounding the park. Trail maps for north park, as well as the other allegheny county parks can be found here: Parks Department Maps
    Don't forget the check out OTB "over the bar" Bicycle bar in North Park and the South side for great food and micro brews.
    If you're looking for trails in the city, Frick park is awesome. I'm not sure of a map for those trails... check with any of the local bike shops.
    If you make something idiot proof, someone will make a better idiot !

mtbr member
    The wheel mill would be a nice stop too. It is an indoor bike park. Good to keep in mind if it rains. For food I would highly recommend Piper's Pub in the South Side. They have great food and a nice craft beer selection.

The Wheel Mill
    Safe Riding

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    Here is a map for Frick. There will likely be other riders around to ask for trail tips. it is fairly climby there, might be more fun with the AM bike but I do see people on SS bikes occasionally.

http://www.nauticom.net/www/dsopko/p...ls_Simon_T.pdf

Boyce Park in Monroeville PA (20 miles east of downtown) is a nice option for your SS.