philly, it ain't mtb but...- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Apr 2004

philly, it ain't mtb but...

this saturday i am goin to race around the streets of philly.... anyone wanna meet up?

and amongst the cazier thoughts going through my head...
    https://pittsburghpedalpushers.blogspot.com/
    i think i'd need 3 days (but i'd try it in 2) and a way to get back to philly. anyone wanna do it? i defintiely need some arm-twisting!!!

Freshly Fujified

What is it?

I see the link for Crushing the Commonwealth, but nothing for this event over the weekend. What is it exactly?
    'If Wal-Mart sold parachutes, who would jump?' Frank Havnoonian (quoting his father) Drexel Hill Cyclery

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Call_me_Clyde
    I see the link for Crushing the Commonwealth, but nothing for this event over the weekend. What is it exactly?
    it's an alleycat... which is basically a "messenger" race. you show up and you get clues which lead you from one point to another. in the process you will probably have to drink or do stupid stuff. this one is based on the movie 12 monkeys...

i have no idea on the specifics (i think they keep it that way on purpose) but was on an urban poker run last year that was probably be pretty similar to this, and it was loads of fun.

if you don't appreciate semi-reckless drunken city biking (though there are a lot of non-drinkers as well), this probably ain't your thing.

i can gaurantee two things: it is a cheap way to race around philly saturday afternoon, there will be beer (probably of the cheap canned variety) involved somehow.

Freshly Fujified

Sounds like fun

And if it's messengers competing, I'd get my a$$ kicked.

Thanks for the add'l info.
    'If Wal-Mart sold parachutes, who would jump?' Frank Havnoonian (quoting his father) Drexel Hill Cyclery

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Call_me_Clyde
    And if it's messengers competing, I'd get my a$$ kicked.

Thanks for the add'l info.
    it's not all messengers, though your right; they probably will be the one's doing the ass-kicking!

i am just in it for the beer and riding with others at a "brisk" pace on a sunny afternoon!

Members who have read this thread: 0