PGH area and hunting season?- Mtbr.com
    Nice no rass

PGH area and hunting season?

Since I'm new to mtb'ing here in PA, can anyone clue me in how this works over the coming weeks?

I'm assuming hunting is not allowed in Boyce Park, so no problem there.

I also ride Laurel Mountain (alot), Hidden Valley & 7 Springs. Are there times we are not allowed to ride these areas? Anything I should know? I try google for info but didn't really find anything. Thanks for the info.

mtbr member
    If it aint game lands and its open to the public im pretty sure you can ride it during hunting season. just wear somethig bright colored. the woods arent closed during hunting season but you just have to use some common sense when riding.

mtbr member
    Signs all over North Park say "Archery Hunt in progress", but that doesn't stop me, nor have I ever seen anyone hunting there.

Rat Fink
    Wear something bright orange and if you have a white furry butt, don't flash it in the air.
    Raspberries, nature's poison ivy bait. (Formerly, 'Stops to eat the raspberries.')

since 4/10/2009
    Archery hunters are a whole different breed than shotgun/rifle hunters. I stay FAR, FAR away from the shotgun/rifle set. No matter where you go, wear some orange. You never know where someone might be poaching.

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    I ride South Park almost daily. I see the signs posted too but that doesn't stop me. The ones who hunt there know that there are people using the trails and they are alot more careful about what they aim at. Like a previous poster said, archery hunters act alot differently than the ones with guns. Enjoy the ride.

Members who have read this thread: 0