PA Turner Owners Sound Off- Mtbr.com
Results 1 to 22 of 22
  1. #1
    3 "fiddy" for short
    Reputation: be350ka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    2,739

    PA Turner Owners Sound Off

    How many Turner owners do we have here in PA? On the Turner boards you hear of Turner gatherings all over so maybe we PA owners should stage a get together for this spring/summer.

    If you have one lets us all know where you are located and pics of the bikes might be nice too. You might just find a new biking partner!

    I live in State College and will post pics of my 5-Spot when I get home next week.

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    54
    Quote Originally Posted by be350ka
    How many Turner owners do we have here in PA? On the Turner boards you hear of Turner gatherings all over so maybe we PA owners should stage a get together for this spring/summer.

    If you have one lets us all know where you are located and pics of the bikes might be nice too. You might just find a new biking partner!

    I live in State College and will post pics of my 5-Spot when I get home next week.
    I live in Easton PA, and ride my 2000-model year O2 at Sals, Jacobsburg, Jim Thorpe and various places in NJ, as well as the (sigh) Lehigh Towpath... I ride regularly with four other Turner owners in the Lehigh Valley, and a few more across the border near Hackettstown NJ. A bunch of us will be heading your way around Memorial Day, maybe we could get together for a ride and a group photo. For now, here's a shot of my bike.

  3. #3
    3 "fiddy" for short
    Reputation: be350ka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    2,739
    Sounds good!!! Let me know a little closer to that time and maybe we can organize something larger. Thanks for the post.

    350

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    409
    Quote Originally Posted by be350ka
    Sounds good!!! Let me know a little closer to that time and maybe we can organize something larger. Thanks for the post.

    350
    Philadelphia...5spot owner

  5. #5
    3 "fiddy" for short
    Reputation: be350ka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    2,739
    Nice to meet you Ayce

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    409
    Quote Originally Posted by ayce
    Philadelphia...5spot owner
    Same here....

  7. #7
    i want spring!
    Reputation: Dirty Bert's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    478

    5 Spot

    Quote Originally Posted by ayce
    Same here....
    i gots a 5 spot. I live real close to PA, well near bucks county. I would be willing to meet up.


    where's everyone at???

    dirty bert
    Check out all these mountain biking t-shirts, hats, sweatshirts by Trail Hog today!

  8. #8
    3 "fiddy" for short
    Reputation: be350ka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    2,739
    Hey there Bert. Not real sure when it will be but just trying to get a feel for who is out there. Any suggestions on a meeting spot for the ride would be great too.

    Now as far as pics go.... Lets see um'.


    Here is mine with out the wheels, obviously!

    '05 Large Black
    DHX Air (waiting for Push to release the DHX Coil)
    VAN RLC 130
    Juicy 7 185 fr 160rr
    etc.
    Attached Images Attached Images

  9. #9
    i want spring!
    Reputation: Dirty Bert's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    478

    Friday

    Quote Originally Posted by be350ka
    Now as far as pics go.... Lets see um'.
    as far as pics it's gonna have to wait till friday. it's being built up. it's maiden voyage is saturday at a fairly popular spot in NJ called Hartshorne.

    ya got a nice looking bike.

    i can't wait to ride it!

    Db
    Check out all these mountain biking t-shirts, hats, sweatshirts by Trail Hog today!

  10. #10
    3 "fiddy" for short
    Reputation: be350ka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    2,739
    Hey Bert.

    There is a guy up in New Jersey (around the Teterboro area) that just moved here from EU somewhere and goes by ronnie. You could probably find him in the intense forum since he is on a 5.5. He was looking for some riding buddies so if you are in need of someone look him up. I was talking to him about a ride soon as well.

    Cant wait to see the pictures of the new ride. What are some of the specs for those of us that cant wait?

  11. #11
    i want spring!
    Reputation: Dirty Bert's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    478

    5 Spot Specs...

    Quote Originally Posted by be350ka
    Cant wait to see the pictures of the new ride. What are some of the specs for those of us that cant wait?

    I can't wait to see what it looks like also! I have been piecing this rig together for about a year now, so I had time to scrimp and save.

    05' 5 Spot (large silver)
    Fox Talas RLC
    Chris King headset
    Sram 9.0 (left) grip shift
    XTR (right) trigger
    XTR rear der.
    X.0 front der.
    Time ATAC XC carbon pedals (anyone running crank brothers pedals? how are they?)
    FSA OS-115 stem
    FSA K-force riser bar
    A Phat Dark Cycles bash guard ( http://www.darkcycles.com/rings.htm )


    How do you like the new colors for the Turners??

    Db
    Check out all these mountain biking t-shirts, hats, sweatshirts by Trail Hog today!

  12. #12
    3 "fiddy" for short
    Reputation: be350ka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    2,739
    As far as the '06 colors go, I think they are great looking. The blue in my mind is by far the coolest color that I have seen.... next to my '05 black and your silver of course.

    Looks good, huh?

  13. #13
    i want spring!
    Reputation: Dirty Bert's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    478

    Just Got It!

    Quote Originally Posted by be350ka
    As far as the '06 colors go, I think they are great looking. The blue in my mind is by far the coolest color that I have seen.... next to my '05 black and your silver of course.

    Looks good, huh?

    I got my newly built 5 Spot last night. I took some pics to post but I'm getting ready to go riding right now. When I'm back later, I'll post the "just ridden" pics. I keep asking myself, "is this bike really mine?"

    later,
    dirty bert
    Check out all these mountain biking t-shirts, hats, sweatshirts by Trail Hog today!

  14. #14
    i want spring!
    Reputation: Dirty Bert's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    478

    5 Spot Pics

    Here it is! My Maguras didn't come in. The avids are a loner for the time being but work quite well. Hartshorn was awesome despite the pouring rain. I'm headed to Mercer tomorrow sometime around 10 or 11. I don't know about the weather but what the hell, after what I rode in on saturday, it can't be that bad. I was going to post the dirty bike pics from today but driving home with the pouring rain, all the dirt is on my back windshield and really nothing on the bike.

    Db
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Dirty Bert; 10-31-2006 at 11:36 PM.
    Check out all these mountain biking t-shirts, hats, sweatshirts by Trail Hog today!

  15. #15
    3 "fiddy" for short
    Reputation: be350ka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    2,739
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Bert
    Here it is! My Maguras didn't come in. The avids are a loner for the time being but work quite well. Hartshorn was awesome despite the pouring rain. I'm headed to Mercer tomorrow sometime around 10 or 11. I don't know about the weather but what the hell, after what I rode in on saturday, it can't be that bad. I was going to post the dirty bike pics from today but driving home with the pouring rain, all the dirt is on my back windshield and really nothing on the bike.

    Db

    Looks GOOD!! You sure dont waste anytime putting the miles on do you!?! I was thinking about riding today here in State College but it is freezing cold and WINDY. Keep in touch and let me know how you brakes work out when they come in.

    350

  16. #16
    3 "fiddy" for short
    Reputation: be350ka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    2,739

    Dirty Bert

    ...did you get the Maguras yet? Just wondering how you like them!

  17. #17
    i want spring!
    Reputation: Dirty Bert's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    478

    I did get them.

    Quote Originally Posted by be350ka
    ...did you get the Maguras yet? Just wondering how you like them!

    i did get them. the shop put loner brakes on, avid mechnicals. they worked surprisely well (no offense to anyone), i like them better than my crappy Hayes that I have on my trek liquid.

    The new maguras aren't on yet, unfornately i'm in no hurry, i just had knee surgery. i'm recovering and starting physical theraphy soon. i can't swing my leg over the bike yet, let alone climb stairs. i should be back on the bike in april so that's when they'll go on.

    i was inspecting the levers, carbon is sweet looking but them levers scare me. i haven't read anything about people breaking them. Have you anything like this?

    Db
    Check out all these mountain biking t-shirts, hats, sweatshirts by Trail Hog today!

  18. #18
    Never mind.............
    Reputation: mtbikerjohn2003's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    164

    Cool-blue Rhythm Count me in.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Bert
    i did get them. the shop put loner brakes on, avid mechnicals. they worked surprisely well (no offense to anyone), i like them better than my crappy Hayes that I have on my trek liquid.

    The new maguras aren't on yet, unfornately i'm in no hurry, i just had knee surgery. i'm recovering and starting physical theraphy soon. i can't swing my leg over the bike yet, let alone climb stairs. i should be back on the bike in april so that's when they'll go on.

    i was inspecting the levers, carbon is sweet looking but them levers scare me. i haven't read anything about people breaking them. Have you anything like this?

    Db
    Hey Db...I grew up in Bucks County,and still have family there...Let me know if you get this organized this summer,I'd like to ride with you guys....Nice bike,by the way....Greetings from Durango,CO....John

  19. #19
    mtbr member
    Reputation: cbrossman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    1,391
    Quote Originally Posted by mtbikerjohn2003
    Hey Db...I grew up in Bucks County,and still have family there...Let me know if you get this organized this summer,I'd like to ride with you guys....Nice bike,by the way....Greetings from Durango,CO....John
    John,
    What are you doing over here, I grew up in Berks County and of course, still have family there.
    Craig, Durango CO
    "Lighten up PAL" ... King Cage

  20. #20
    3 "fiddy" for short
    Reputation: be350ka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    2,739
    Hey Bert,

    I know what you are talking about. They seem kinda weak at best. I have been doing some research as well and have found little in the way of breakage. You should be fine. The only thing i did find is that they seem to leak air from time to time. But.......



    We need to make sure we all get together this summer. Lets get this planned early so there are no EXCUSES!!!!!!!!!!!!

    350

  21. #21
    i want spring!
    Reputation: Dirty Bert's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    478

    Peds

    Quote Originally Posted by be350ka
    Hey there Bert. Not real sure when it will be but just trying to get a feel for who is out there. Any suggestions on a meeting spot for the ride would be great too.

    Now as far as pics go.... Lets see um'.


    Here is mine with out the wheels, obviously!

    '05 Large Black
    DHX Air (waiting for Push to release the DHX Coil)
    VAN RLC 130
    Juicy 7 185 fr 160rr
    etc.
    What kind of pedals are they?
    -Db
    Check out all these mountain biking t-shirts, hats, sweatshirts by Trail Hog today!

  22. #22
    3 "fiddy" for short
    Reputation: be350ka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    2,739
    They are the Time Atac XS Carbon. So far they seem good, but it will be hard to top my old Atac Carbons. I looked high and low for a new set of the older version but came up empty. I like the 2 LARGE bearings that the older style used.

    Here is a pic of the older style Atac carbon that I love so dearly. If anyone knows where I can pick up a new set of these, let me know.

    Also I posted a pic of the latest present for my bike. It rides like a champ. I will give you a run down on the Coil versus the Air version here as I get more time. But, for now I think I like the Coil a little better.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Members who have read this thread: 0

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT MTBR

VISIT US AT

© Copyright 2020 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.