mtbr member
    Feb 2017

PA/SNJ/DE Shop for Suspension Service

Hey there, sorry if this is wrong place for this, but looking for a shop in PA, So. NJ, DE - hour radius of Philly, that people have had suspension work done at (Fox specifically, full serivce kind of stuff), looking to get some stuff overhauled on my Yeti SB5.5 (if it happens to be a yeti dealer, even better). Don't have time or space to do it myself right now so looking for a shop where it is known they handle suspension work, suprisingly hard to find an answer on the layman's web.

mtbr member
    Aug 2016
    There's a place down by white clay that has guys that worked foe both fox and rockshox, I hear they are really good

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Chilling out
    Quote Originally Posted by yetipowdermaniac View Post
    Hey there, sorry if this is wrong place for this, but looking for a shop in PA, So. NJ, DE - hour radius of Philly, that people have had suspension work done at (Fox specifically, full serivce kind of stuff), looking to get some stuff overhauled on my Yeti SB5.5 (if it happens to be a yeti dealer, even better). Don't have time or space to do it myself right now so looking for a shop where it is known they handle suspension work, suprisingly hard to find an answer on the layman's web.
    If you are just looking for basic maintenance then most decent bike shops should be able to do it no big deal, just pick any LBS you trust . I live too far away to make a recommendation for real. Closest shop to you I know is Cutters in Bethlehem.

Sent from my SM-T700 using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Garrisons in Wilmington. They know stuff!

mtbr member
    Feb 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by mountainbikemax View Post
    There's a place down by white clay that has guys that worked foe both fox and rockshox, I hear they are really good

Thanks all!
    Name? Is it henry's?

mtbr member
    Aug 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by yetipowdermaniac View Post
    Thanks all!
    Name? Is it henry's?
    I think it was garrisons. My friend just got his boxxer rebuilt there nd said it's the most knowledgeable mtn bike shop he's ever been to and will never go anywhere else

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Keswick in Glenside did a full service job on my fork (a Pike). One of their Facebook posts about their in-house suspension service says that they'd send special stuff like "Fox Dyad, Brain Forks and shocks" out for factory service but that would seem to imply regular Fox stuff would be doable. Their website has contact info for service questions: Bike Repair and Tuneup Services | Keswick CycleKeswick Cycle | Philadelphia Bike Shop and Bike Repair

West Chester, PA
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by mountainbikemax View Post
    I think it was garrisons. My friend just got his boxxer rebuilt there nd said it's the most knowledgeable mtn bike shop he's ever been to and will never go anywhere else

Except Garrison's isn't near white clay. Henry's is. Henry's is a big mountain bike seller. I think thats the place.

mtbr member
    Garrison's in DE has done a lot of work for me. They definitely know their stuff. I live in NJ and it's always been worth the drive to me, to have them work on stuff I don't have the tools or knowledge to handle myself. With that said, Caffeinated Cyclist in NJ has done good suspension work for me in the past as well, on both Rockshox and Fox.

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by 92gli View Post
    Except Garrison's isn't near white clay. Henry's is. Henry's is a big mountain bike seller. I think thats the place.
    Henry's is right next to White Clay. They do lots of stuff in the mtn bike community.

Garrison's is west of Wilmington...near B-wine State Park. I agree with Sparky.

mtbr member
    Aug 2016
    It's relative. I have to drive an hour to get there

mtbr member
    Beans Bikes on Planebrook Road in Frazer (Right off Rt. 30 and easy to get to from 202) will do a Fox shock overhaul in house. He did my front and rear last year. Did it in a couple of days, great job and reasonable price. Sean is the OG - been in the bike business/wrenching a long time - and a good guy. here is the link Beans Bicycle Services - Beans Bicycle Services 484-318-8298
    Buy the ticket, take the ride. -HST

West Chester, PA
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by justriding View Post
    Beans Bikes on Planebrook Road in Frazer (Right off Rt. 30 and easy to get to from 202) will do a Fox shock overhaul in house. He did my front and rear last year. Did it in a couple of days, great job and reasonable price. Sean is the OG - been in the bike business/wrenching a long time - and a good guy. here is the link Beans Bicycle Services - Beans Bicycle Services 484-318-8298
    Oh yeah. I forgot about Sean. Great guy. Knows his shit. Don't be alarmed by the lack of inventory there, he's not operating as a traditional bike shop.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    near philly i'd try cadence. serious mechanics who know their trade. never been disappointed when i go there. since they relocated to just outside the wiss now they handle plenty o mtb business!

bigger than you.
    Quote Originally Posted by max-a-mill View Post
    near philly i'd try cadence. serious mechanics who know their trade. never been disappointed when i go there. since they relocated to just outside the wiss now they handle plenty o mtb business!
    +1 Jude knows his stuff.

mtbr member
    Aug 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by bear View Post
    If you are just looking for basic maintenance then most decent bike shops should be able to do it no big deal, just pick any LBS you trust . I live too far away to make a recommendation for real. Closest shop to you I know is Cutters in Bethlehem.

Sent from my SM-T700 using Tapatalk
    I live in Upper Bucks County close to Cutter's. One of the only shops I would ever use in the Lehigh Valley or the northern Buxmont area.

mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    Shirks is the place ask for SCOTT