PA goes to Delaware this weekend- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

PA goes to Delaware this weekend

Call-me-Clyde XCBob and i are plannint to meet this saturday at MiddleRun. is there any one else interested in going for a little road trip? a time has not been decided yet so let us know if your in or not.

i'm going to throw out maybe a 10 or 11 0clock meet but thats just me.

i think middlerun is a great place to ride so lets try to get something going.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

I can't get there until about 1:00pm

Bob,
    I work until noon on Saturdays. I wouldn't be able to get there until about 1:00pm, traffic willing??? -Bob (XCBob)
    Sir Dabs-alot

mtbr member

ok 1pm??

i'm good with that too

Freshly Fujified

I'm in

1 PM gives me plenty of time to do a quick tune up and lube of the bike before I hit the road. I'm still clear the rest of the weekend if for some reason the plans change.

Bob
    'If Wal-Mart sold parachutes, who would jump?' Frank Havnoonian (quoting his father) Drexel Hill Cyclery

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    I just rode middle run today such a great system. New to the MTBR so always looking for people to ride with. I work most weekends so I ride during the week alot wish I could make it down this weekend. Let me know of any future rides in middle run or anywhere in the southeast in the future.

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Hmm, ive been looking for a ride to do this wkend. How long of a drive is it from Allentown and what day were u looking going. Never been there but always looking to try something new.

mtbr member

depending on how you drive

Quote Originally Posted by mntbikr15
    Hmm, ive been looking for a ride to do this wkend. How long of a drive is it from Allentown and what day were u looking going. Never been there but always looking to try something new.
    its about an 1.5-2 hrs drive maybe more depending on the taffic but once you hit I95 its a snap(depending on traffic)

Freshly Fujified

I need directions!

Quote Originally Posted by bigkeith
    its about an 1.5-2 hrs drive maybe more depending on the taffic but once you hit I95 its a snap(depending on traffic)
    The Trail reviews directions seem to be detailed, but require that you know your way around Newark. Being clueless as I am, I need detailed directions.

Anyone?? Bueller?

Thanks,

Bob
    'If Wal-Mart sold parachutes, who would jump?' Frank Havnoonian (quoting his father) Drexel Hill Cyclery

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Call_me_Clyde
    The Trail reviews directions seem to be detailed, but require that you know your way around Newark. Being clueless as I am, I need detailed directions.

Anyone?? Bueller?

Thanks,

Bob
    we could hook up at the rest stop on 95 in delaware and u can follow me in.

Freshly Fujified

I'll call you on the cell.

Quote Originally Posted by bigkeith
    we could hook up at the rest stop on 95 in delaware and u can follow me in.
    I think I know where that is, but I seem to recall it being in the northbound lanes. I'll give you a buzz later and we'll coordinate.

Bob

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

See you folks at 1:00pm

See you folks at 1:00pm. Traffic willing!-Bob(XCBob)
    Sir Dabs-alot

Freshly Fujified

Looking forward to the ride!

Quote Originally Posted by XCBob
    See you folks at 1:00pm. Traffic willing!-Bob(XCBob)
    It's 9:30 now, I'm hitting the road in an hour to meet Keith at Noon. Anyone else interested, speak up now. I'll check back before I leave and will make contact to see if we can hook up.

Bob

Fixed and single.
    Hello Pennsyltuck'ens, MD lurker hear. Looking to ride something new today. I'm pretty familiar with Fair Hill but havnet ridden Middle Run yet.... You guys familiar? I may be down for the 1pm. Holler back.

-Thanks

Freshly Fujified

XC Bob and keith are familiar.

Quote Originally Posted by mordecai
    Hello Pennsyltuck'ens, MD lurker hear. Looking to ride something new today. I'm pretty familiar with Fair Hill but havnet ridden Middle Run yet.... You guys familiar? I may be down for the 1pm. Holler back.

-Thanks
    If you're interested, come on down. 1 Pm at trailhead Check your PM box for my cell number.

Bob

Fixed and single.
    Sweet, thanks!

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Thanks guys for coming out

Thanks to Keith, Bob, and Mike for coming out for the ride. I hope you enjoyed the ride and the trails. Please, don't tell any of your friends about the trails, let's keep it our little secret! lol Let me know if you want to ride there again? Or the Wis? Or some venue to be named later? Take care. -Bob
    Sir Dabs-alot

mtbr member

how far

how long was that ride Bob?

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    11.5 miles to where we parted company
    Sir Dabs-alot

Freshly Fujified

Had a great time!

Quote Originally Posted by XCBob
    Thanks to Keith, Bob, and Mike for coming out for the ride. I hope you enjoyed the ride and the trails. Please, don't tell any of your friends about the trails, let's keep it our little secret! lol Let me know if you want to ride there again? Or the Wis? Or some venue to be named later? Take care. -Bob
    Many thanks to Bob for being our trail guide, and a heartfelt thanks to all three of you for your tolderanc eof my slothful pace! .

I'd love to do it again, and would certainly be interested in doing more group rides in various locations. I'll try to post some of the pics once I size them down small enough to upload here.

Bob

Freshly Fujified

Middle Run/White Clay Pics

Here are a few from our "PA Goes to Delaware This Weekend Trip". As it turned out Mike (Mordecai) from MD took up a last minute offer to join us, so we had representation from three states. I wish I had some better pics, but I'm posting the handful that weren't blurred by my unsteady hand. The first pic shows Mike, Keith and (XC) Bob in the lot at the trailhead just before the ride. The second shows what my vantage point of most of the ride was (that would be 3 riders stopped, waiting for fat boy to catch up). The third pic is at the bottom of the expert section of White Clay and a couple of stunts. The last pic is the best, and shows Mike on his brand new GF 29er making his first (and very successful) attempt on a teeter.

Bob
    Attached Images Attached Images

Fixed and single.
    Thanks alot for the tour guys! Good times. Yeah, I personally would be down for a ride at Wissa. as well as show you all what Fair Hill or Susquahana has to offer. BTW, Thanks to you Bob for snapping the pics. Nice shots!
    Last edited by mordecai; 09-05-2005 at 02:20 PM.