Open House Build Ride Day at Blue Mountain May 16th- Mtbr.com
    AllDayinPA

Open House Build Ride Day at Blue Mountain May 16th

May 16th Vertical Earth will be holding an open house build, ride, barbecue. This will be the last one of these so come on up!

Also: we will be testing our Algae timing system the same day. We will be holding a " For Fun " DH timed run event, as well as, Super D. Most of the trails are finished. There is however a couple of spots that need some serious lovin'. We have 2 weeks and plan on having this all finished by the weekend of the 16th. I would like the day to basically be walking the trails, riding the trails, time yourself, and good eats at dusk. The last build day we had just under 40 people and it was a fun day. We had some great feedback and made some adjustments that turned out to be very good.

Over the weekend we used the heavy equipment and made 4 - 40' - 80' berms with a couple of other features at the bottom of all 3 courses. Everybody will have the opportunity to ride these on their way to the finish line. We also did some work on the beginner/sport DH to make it as much fun as possible. Yes this place is rocky but with the help of George, Kenny, Greg, PMBA, and more the Super D trails are pretty smooth and alot of fun.

The start time is at 9:30 on May 16th at the lower Valley Lodge. Transportation for shuttling will be provided. THX !!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Ride da mOOn Moderator

Good job!

This is great!

We have quite a few Moto guys in our group and I have been hard at work getting them to come out and try DS & DH with MTBs. We all got sick of hearing "No" Mountain/Montage was going to do something for years and years!

Congrats on Blue Mountain stepping up... We will be down for the fun!

May 2009
    Still planning to build this weekend?

AllDayinPA
    We'll be there Saturday only

Ride da mOOn Moderator

Good job!

Dude:

That one pic with the ski lift chair in the background is fantastic... you outta send it to Dirt Rag! Should I bring a rake or two on Saturday?

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    any updates on the DS course?

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    Will there be more build days? or who should i contact about finding out when the next ones will be.

Members who have read this thread: 0