North Park (Pitt) race cancelled- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

No good North Park (Pitt) race cancelled

Just got word that this race was cancelled due to "not being able to come to terms with the local trail advocacy group"?!? Despite the PORC website announcing a good meeting with ABRA, it seems like another obstructionist attitude. That park probably gets a few hundred riders a week anyway, how much worse could a race be? Please, what's bad about having mountain bikers use mountain bike trails?

I might go make a few hundred laps myself that weekend to make up for it!

Freeride/Downhill only
    Jan 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by 29ger View Post
    Just got word that this race was cancelled due to "not being able to come to terms with the local trail advocacy group"?!? Despite the PORC website announcing a good meeting with ABRA, it seems like another obstructionist attitude. That park probably gets a few hundred riders a week anyway, how much worse could a race be? Please, what's bad about having mountain bikers use mountain bike trails?

I might go make a few hundred laps myself that weekend to make up for it!
    We worked hard to accommodate and help the ABRA organizer.
    Last edited by jamiepfaeffle; 03-18-2012 at 01:12 PM.

mtbr member
    Thanks for the info. I noticed some info on the PORC site as I mentioned. What is the relationship between PORC and PTAG? It sure is frustrating having already rearranged my schedule, only to have it cancelled. I was psyched up for this one being so local and all.

The White Jeff W
    I was really looking forward to this. Why was the race cancelled? Was it related the the scheduled maintenance Saturday? I wasn't able to attend.
    No moss...

The White Jeff W
    On the PTAG site it says the race was cancelled due to a lack of registrants
    No moss...

mtbr member
    I don't know where it went, but there was a long explanation by jamiepfaeffle earlier in this thread...apparently edited away. If you really wanted to race that weekend, there is always the yellow creek race series near Indiana, PA. It is fun, with a relaxed atmosphere. The first race is on Saturday, the day previous to what was supposed to be the North Park Challenge. See their website at rideyc.com

mtbr member
    Wow, that does stink. I actually was planning on making it to that race. I assume that maybe they felt the trails were not in the best shape for having a race. I have no clue, just a guess

Members who have read this thread: 0