North Park (Pgh) Bridges- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    May 2009

North Park (Pgh) Bridges

Hi everyone.
    I normally just check this forum for general PA info and post on the PORC forum because Iím in Pittsburgh, but Iíve been noticing more WPA posts recently and I figured I would try to get some more trail volunteers.

Weíre installing three bridges at North Park on May 16th on North Ridge on the new trail that starts across from the ice rink. The bridges are going to be mostly prebuilt, so hopefully it wonít take too long, but it will require some muscle to get them from the road to the trail.

Thereís a map for the whole project: http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UT...76fcb87fd26e26

You can also check out the thread on PORC: http://www.porcmtbclub.org/phpBB3/vi...st=0&sk=t&sd=a

We're starting at the Lodge on North Ridge Rd at 8AM and will be working until we get the bridges in, but feel free to come when you can. Any help is appreciated.

There aren't any organized rides planned so far, but the trail is open for use. Of course, the more people that come, the better chance of a ride forming because we'll be done sooner.

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    Super job on the bridges! The new trail rocks beats the hell out of the old muddy bridal trail climb.

North Park Mountain Bike Trails

Last edited by Shred303; 07-11-2009 at 06:41 PM.

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Just wait until next year when we finish the trail to the spillway. You'll be able to ride for ~6miles before crossing a road. More bridges to follow...

mtbr member
    normally i'm not in the n hills, but on sunday i hit North Park for the first time in way too long. the trails were sooooo much better than i ever remembered. not sure if i was a lil hungover and got semi lost or if there were new additions. regardless it was a great ride.

well done and thank you.
    ďLife is hard; itís harder if youíre stupid.Ē-John Wayne

Members who have read this thread: 0