No one rides Camelback singletrack?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Feb 2005

No one rides Camelback singletrack?

I was up riding the singletrack at the state land by Camelback this weekend and all the singletrack was grown over like no one rides it anymore. Some of the trail that goes out by Rt.80 was so overgrown that you couldn't even find the trail! Has everyone converted to downhill? I'm going to see if I can reclaim some of it, just wondering if anyone else rides back there?

Inbred Homebrewer
    Quote Originally Posted by OldBiker
    I was up riding the singletrack at the state land by Camelback this weekend and all the singletrack was grown over like no one rides it anymore. Some of the trail that goes out by Rt.80 was so overgrown that you couldn't even find the trail! Has everyone converted to downhill? I'm going to see if I can reclaim some of it, just wondering if anyone else rides back there?
    I've been there. Loved it. I'd ride there more often if I lived closer, but the trails are pretty remote and, at times, weren't particularly easy to follow on my last visit...part of the appeal for some, but it keeps them from becoming overly popular. This is probably for the best...
    "mmmm....Beeeeeeer." - Homer J. Simpson

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    Maybe I'm way off here, but I think the reason it's not ridden is because it's State Game Lands, and it's not on the Designated Routes list, hence off limits to MTBing?

mtbr member
    I've been consistently riding it for 8 yrs. i don't go down by rt 80 but stay up on top and go south which all the singletrack is clear now. The reason is i have been gps'ing the trails and have submitted them to the PGC to try and get it approved. the trail is very sustainable and the trails are beautiful. I wouldn't ride it if i couldn't get it legalized.

Also as mtn biking has proved people move on and the trails they build go by the wayside. It would nice to organize a club up there, hek we could extend the reach of our club www.bikevmb.com and create a VMB north which would include jim thorpe as well. There is a lot of good riders in monroe county.

see you on the trail.

eci
    Quote Originally Posted by Hackamo
    I've been consistently riding it for 8 yrs. i don't go down by rt 80 but stay up on top and go south which all the singletrack is clear now. The reason is i have been gps'ing the trails and have submitted them to the PGC to try and get it approved. the trail is very sustainable and the trails are beautiful. I wouldn't ride it if i couldn't get it legalized.

Also as mtn biking has proved people move on and the trails they build go by the wayside. It would nice to organize a club up there, hek we could extend the reach of our club www.bikevmb.com and create a VMB north which would include jim thorpe as well. There is a lot of good riders in monroe county.

see you on the trail.
    does hackamo = henry?

Theres a lot of great trails around camelback. single track out the arse

eci
    Quote Originally Posted by OldBiker
    Has everyone converted to downhill? I'm going to see if I can reclaim some of it, just wondering if anyone else rides back there?
    Half the guys who used to ride it all the time moved away and the other half converted to dh or quit. I personally moved west. the loft guys are all over the place now and the rest of the locals have converted to the dh scene.

Please reclaim it again. im comin back next summer and plan on doing baby's head to deep lake to deer trail to henrys then down south. how i miss that nice 16+ mile loop

mtbr member
    no i'm not henry but i used to ride with him all the time. I think he still works at the ER at pocono medical center. he had lymes really bad so i don't know how he's doing. it was me, him, doc, alan and others. we used to do devil's hole off 447 glenn park etc.

snowskilz: i guess i'm the 3rd half who still lives relatively close, doesn't dh(althogh my weight would give me an advantage) but still goes up once a month on the loop you are talking about. It's true that the mtn bike scene changes, people go in and out, but some of us keep pluggin away.

i was doing a century today from NCACC to Delware water gap and met a guy who was a killer rider always had a van he came with, his girlfriend was a hammer and here we were sharing some road time.

maybe we can get a mtbr ride along with other areas. i really enjoy meeting different people on different trails.

Joe Transue
    PA IMBA Rep
    www.bikevmb.com

eci
    no i'm not henry but i used to ride with him all the time. I think he still works at the ER at pocono medical center. he had lymes really bad so i don't know how he's doing. it was me, him, doc, alan and others. we used to do devil's hole off 447 glenn park etc.

snowskilz: i guess i'm the 3rd half who still lives relatively close, doesn't dh(althogh my weight would give me an advantage) but still goes up once a month on the loop you are talking about. It's true that the mtn bike scene changes, people go in and out, but some of us keep pluggin away.

maybe we can get a mtbr ride along with other areas. i really enjoy meeting different people on different trails.

Joe Transue
    PA IMBA Rep
    www.bikevmb.com
    Joe, are you related to Temini and or Jamin? Gotta love the small world we call the Pocono's

I was Henry's kids lifeguard growing up so i was shown the route around camelback many yrs ago. Does Doc still ride? i remember henry getting lymes.

Last i heard Seece and Jorge were both moved away. Myself and all the loft guys my age moved west. Undies, Kevin and those guys are now the Dh crew you prolly see driving around both glen and camelback

Did you build the trails with henry? He built some amazing trails. Hang trap still comes to mind as an amazing work of art. And blazin down deep lake is pretty fun also.

Kirk(IBMKID) set up a gathering this past summer out here. It was a pretty amazing time and i know they are gonna try to get it going again for next summer. Check out the Passion forum theres lots of good pics floating around.

When i come back next summer i will def pm you for a ride. I miss the nice flowy single track that camelback is

mtbr member
    not related. If you mean jorge(bike rep) i actually rode with him today. he cut in the singletrack under the powerline to the outlook. henry (i helped but he did a 98% of it) did the southern singletrack that just kicks my butt.

I hung out at cycleboard and knew seth, kyle and chad all who were unbeleivable riders.

just let me know and we'll accomodate.

eci
    not related. If you mean jorge(bike rep) i actually rode with him today. he cut in the singletrack under the powerline to the outlook. henry (i helped but he did a 98% of it) did the southern singletrack that just kicks my butt.

I hung out at cycleboard and knew seth, kyle and chad all who were unbeleivable riders.

just let me know and we'll accomodate.
    when you say southern singletrack are you talking about henry's trail? (deer trail to south)

Thats cool you hung at cycle board i still keep in contact with chad and kyle through undies. actually rode creek with chad last summer. Those guys are super fast dhers

mtbr member
    i saw them two years ago at lehigh with their seats lower than their kneew

one time kyle was dirt jumpin' and he landed on his bmx bike and the brake lever punctured through his calf

henry's trail goes along the south side of the mountain past the transfer station to south trail and back up to the parking lot.

i always forget where the turn is off the top of the mountain down to henry's trail

email anytime you want to ride brotha!

eci
    i saw them two years ago at lehigh with their seats lower than their kneew

one time kyle was dirt jumpin' and he landed on his bmx bike and the brake lever punctured through his calf

henry's trail goes along the south side of the mountain past the transfer station to south trail and back up to the parking lot.

i always forget where the turn is off the top of the mountain down to henry's trail

email anytime you want to ride brotha!
    Kyles nuts i remember him riding with TJ at the skatepark south of allentown just killing it.

When comin down south trail youmake a right after the rocky left hand turn in the woods, it leads you directly to henrys, or you can go past the rocky left hander and make a right onto henrys when the trail flattens out again.

i will def email you when i head home next. i cant wait to ride east coast. looks like were trying to come home for the us open 06 will def hit up camelback for some fun

Members who have read this thread: 0