Nice technical ride Wed's at Ralph Stover State Park, near Doylestown, PA- Mtbr.com

Jun 2009

... and if we just ... Nice technical ride Wed's at Ralph Stover State Park, near Doylestown, PA

Hi all - name is Adam. I am the Bike shop manager at Eastern Mountain Sports Of Warrington. We have a casual fair weather mountain bike ride at High Rocks at Ralph Stover State Park every Wednesday at 5:30(not hosted by the store, but a couple riders here are inviting people to join them)We are trying to add to/create community bike awareness and I wanted to post up here and see if you have a desire to get involved. We have a facebook page under warrington ems with contact information for the store and details. Looking forward to seeing you all out and meeting up!

Greg, Liz, Chris, Steph, Mark, Ben, Russ, Russ, Eric, Tim, Alexis, Mike, Dan, Jen, and the rest of the gang say hi as well...call us at the store anytime as well if you want to get in touch.

thanks...

The Crazy Cat Lady of VRC
    Adam,

any chance you guys shot a few pics of the ride? Love to see 'em.

Steve

Jun 2009
    I'll try to get some shots...Stover is approx. a 5-7 mile loop depending on how you ride it. Quite scenic, rocky and technical at times, but smooth dirt at others... Great cliff at High Rocks. Nice elevation change throughout ride(about 1200ft.). High Rocks is a 200-foot sheer rock face, composed of smooth red Lockatong Formation argillite interspersed with friable Brunswick Formation shale. High Rocks is notable mostly to local climbers. Over sixty climbing routes have been put up here over seventeen walls. Great overlooking view of the horseshoe bend of Tohickon creek...pictures to come...

mtbr member
    I would definitely be interested. I have yet to ride at ralph stover but I live in hatfield (used to live in warrington... right before your guys store opened) and it wouldn't be too far of a drive. I am definitely looking for people to ride with.

Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by bdamiano12
    I would definitely be interested. I have yet to ride at ralph stover but I live in hatfield (used to live in warrington... right before your guys store opened) and it wouldn't be too far of a drive. I am definitely looking for people to ride with.
    Call the shop and ask for Greg...he is running the rides. You can also post up on our site on facebook - we'll make sure to get back at you.

I don't know if it is okay to leave phone numbers for the store on here - if someone can chime in and let me know if that is ok, I will post it...don't want to step on the forum rules if there are any.

mtbr member
    Do the trails at Ralph Stover dry out well. After all the rain this week, how do you think they will be tomorrow (sunday)?

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    The trails there tend to stay wet a bit longer than other local rides like Wiss.

They drain better than Green Lane but that's not really saying much

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    where does this ride meet, what trailhead does it start at?
    i live around the corner from ralph stover, and ride to the trailhead. okay not really right around the corner, its a 15min road ride on a SS 29r. if i had gears i could probably shave 5 minutes off the road section. its a nice warm-up nonetheless.
    i will definitely meet up with you guys this wednesday!

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    soooo does anyone know what part of the park this ride leaves from?

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    I would guess the high rocks car park? That seems to be where most Stover rides start from. Might see you guys over there one night so will give a shout. I will be on my SX trail no doubt.

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by CazzaMazza
    I would guess the high rocks car park? That seems to be where most Stover rides start from. Might see you guys over there one night so will give a shout. I will be on my SX trail no doubt.
    you mean the parking lot at the vista?
    hmm cuz i was thinking it would probably start at the pool parking lot, and there is also the lot off of state park/stump road too!!!!

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Hmmm I have just always seen the majority of riders starting from high rocks as you can do the small or the big loop from there. Might just be me though!

mtbr member
    Guys. I'm Mark from Biketech's OP. It will start from the High Rocks lot. I was there yesterday morning and the trails were tacky to moist.

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by glorth2
    Guys. I'm Mark from Biketech's OP. It will start from the High Rocks lot. I was there yesterday morning and the trails were tacky to moist.
    thanks for clearing that up. ill be the guy on the blue kona 29r...see you tonight!

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    i had a nice ride yesterday, too bad everyone else flaked!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by HomeGrownSS
    i had a nice ride yesterday, too bad everyone else flaked!
    Homegrown, sorry. I'll check into it. Weather's been brutal.

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by glorth2
    Homegrown, sorry. I'll check into it. Weather's been brutal.
    i was just kidding, im not upset about it.... the weather did look a bit iffy, i took a chance and it worked out in my favor.

Inbred Homebrewer
    Heh, funny.

I used to be pretty active in this forum, but haven't checked it in months. Logged in today and saw this thread - after just running into Greg and one other guy on the trail Wednesday night (the 24th).

Anyway, High Rocks is my local after-work loop and I ride there at least a couple nights per week, usually starting/ending at the Tohickon Valley lot. I'm sure I'll see some of you out there again if this does become a "regular" ride.

Just tell Greg to bring a crank puller next time, lol.
    "mmmm....Beeeeeeer." - Homer J. Simpson

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Does anyone have a trail map or can provide some more detailed trail navigation info? I'm visiting New Hope over the holiday weekend and can get away for a ride and this seams very close.

Members who have read this thread: 1