Results 1 to 17 of 17
  1. #1
    hithard
    Reputation: lou_b_83's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    156

    New to the Mt Pocono area

    Hi all,

    I'm new to Mt Pocono area and wondering what trails are around me. I like all mountain riding but any good single track will do. Thank for any help.
    Specialized Pitch for the win!!

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation: supersedona's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    688
    Jacobsburg park isn't took far away for a beginner level ride. Bethlehem area has a LOT of trails around Lehigh university and surrounding areas. Jim Thorpe and Tamaqua both have good trail sets. Mt Pocono itself has a little bit of it's own though I have a bit less experience to recomend.
    '93 Giant Sedona ATX custom
    '93 Giant Sedona AtX aero-edition
    '73 Schwinn Suburban
    '95 Fuji Suncrest

  3. #3
    hithard
    Reputation: lou_b_83's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    156
    Thx. Any good place to look for trail maps?

    Sent from my HTC6515LVW using Tapatalk
    Specialized Pitch for the win!!

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation: supersedona's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    688
    I would hit up Saucon Valley Bikes in Hellertown. They were my home shop when I lived up there and Steve has heavy ties with the Valley Mountain Bikers club. Wednesdays at 6pm they do group rides at a designated park(rotates where).
    '93 Giant Sedona ATX custom
    '93 Giant Sedona AtX aero-edition
    '73 Schwinn Suburban
    '95 Fuji Suncrest

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    228
    Online, check out VMB (Valley Mountain Bikers) They list many of the 'Lehigh Valley' trails. Also on FB, check out JORBA (Jersey Off Road Biking Assoc.) depending where you are at in the Pocono's some of the Jersey trails may be close. Enjoy the area.
    don't tell me, "Show Me " !

  6. #6
    hithard
    Reputation: lou_b_83's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    156
    Quote Originally Posted by jp08865 View Post
    Online, check out VMB (Valley Mountain Bikers) They list many of the 'Lehigh Valley' trails. Also on FB, check out JORBA (Jersey Off Road Biking Assoc.) depending where you are at in the Pocono's some of the Jersey trails may be close. Enjoy the area.
    Thanks. I'll do that. I was part of JORBA for a bit. I just lived a few miles from the river. Learned to ride at Muchy and Dear Park. Moved up to Wayway and Ringwood. I work in Bethlehem now. So I'm driving down 33 every day. Looking for the after work spot.

    Sent from my HTC6515LVW using Tapatalk
    Specialized Pitch for the win!!

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation: supersedona's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    688
    Jacobsburg is right off 33.
    '93 Giant Sedona ATX custom
    '93 Giant Sedona AtX aero-edition
    '73 Schwinn Suburban
    '95 Fuji Suncrest

  8. #8
    hithard
    Reputation: lou_b_83's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    156
    Quote Originally Posted by supersedona View Post
    Jacobsburg is right off 33.
    Sweet. I'll have a peek. Thx


    Sent from my HTC6515LVW using Tapatalk
    Specialized Pitch for the win!!

  9. #9
    eci
    Reputation: snowskilz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    2,704
    a couple things -

    Join a friday night group ride at camelback (6pm every friday, tell them Todd sent you)- they park at the dirt lot about 3/4 the way up to the top - pass the water park and go up past northridge and keep going. you can miss the crew - AMAZING People
    Since you were part of Jorba you may know Joe Gabor or Bob something. They both do the friday rides

    Ride in Scranton - Merli, Moosic and Lackawanna. Check strava for routes.

    Join VMB - if you are in valley for work they do a wednesday rotating group ride. There are a lot of Gems in the valley

    Ride nox - its like deer park and fun both ways

    I wish i still lived up that way and could give you a tour. Great times.

  10. #10
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    777
    Sals in bethlehem. Check out vmb's site. It is actually called walking purchase park. It is out past st lukes hospital. I forget the street but vmb has directions and maps.
    LOVE THE RIDE!

  11. #11
    hithard
    Reputation: lou_b_83's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    156
    Quote Originally Posted by snowskilz View Post
    a couple things -

    Join a friday night group ride at camelback (6pm every friday, tell them Todd sent you)- they park at the dirt lot about 3/4 the way up to the top - pass the water park and go up past northridge and keep going. you can miss the crew - AMAZING People
    Since you were part of Jorba you may know Joe Gabor or Bob something. They both do the friday rides

    Ride in Scranton - Merli, Moosic and Lackawanna. Check strava for routes.

    Join VMB - if you are in valley for work they do a wednesday rotating group ride. There are a lot of Gems in the valley

    Ride nox - its like deer park and fun both ways

    I wish i still lived up that way and could give you a tour. Great times.
    At camelback. Is it the lot by the power line trail? I have been running up there if it is.

    Thanks for the info

    Sent from my HTC6515LVW using Tapatalk
    Specialized Pitch for the win!!

  12. #12
    hithard
    Reputation: lou_b_83's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    156
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnbiker64 View Post
    Sals in bethlehem. Check out vmb's site. It is actually called walking purchase park. It is out past st lukes hospital. I forget the street but vmb has directions and maps.
    Cool thanks.

    Sent from my HTC6515LVW using Tapatalk
    Specialized Pitch for the win!!

  13. #13
    eci
    Reputation: snowskilz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    2,704
    Yes, there is a lot of singletrack (16+ miles) up there but unless you go with a local its hard to put it all together.

  14. #14
    hithard
    Reputation: lou_b_83's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    156
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnbiker64 View Post
    Sals in bethlehem. Check out vmb's site. It is actually called walking purchase park. It is out past st lukes hospital. I forget the street but vmb has directions and maps.
    At Sals is it better to park at the ball field or by the river? Very interested in that place for my after work spot.

    Sent from my HTC6515LVW using Tapatalk
    Specialized Pitch for the win!!

  15. #15
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    777
    I like parking by the ballfield. Makes u push yourself at the end.
    LOVE THE RIDE!

  16. #16
    hithard
    Reputation: lou_b_83's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    156
    Isn't there also a group in the Stroudsburg area. I think they take care of Glen Park.

    Sent from my HTC6515LVW using Tapatalk
    Specialized Pitch for the win!!

  17. #17
    eci
    Reputation: snowskilz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    2,704
    stop by vertical earth on main street and talk to dan

Similar Threads

  1. Pocono Enduro sponsored by Vertical Earth May 15th 2016
    By PoconoBikeClub in forum Enduro Racing
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-29-2016, 05:52 AM
  2. best mtb trails in pocono, pa area
    By mangchibike in forum Pennsylvania
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 08-07-2014, 07:01 PM
  3. Big pocono state park or sometimes called camelback review
    By trx450r1989 in forum Pennsylvania
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-20-2013, 07:44 AM
  4. Big Pocono State Park
    By NepaJames in forum Pennsylvania
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 05-25-2012, 08:34 PM
  5. Question about Big Pocono State Park
    By rjr19146 in forum Pennsylvania
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-01-2011, 10:28 AM

Members who have read this thread: 0

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT MTBR

VISIT US AT

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.