NEPMTBA Moon Lake 2009 happenings Come join the Fun!- Mtbr.com
    Ride da mOOn Moderator

Listen! NEPMTBA Moon Lake 2009 happenings Come join the Fun!

Here's a bit of the fun going on at the mOOn for 2009

The PAMTB and all the Pa mt biking clubs invade the mOOn as our guests at the PAMTB summit at the mOOn in August with special guest Frank McGuire the new Mid Atlantic IMBA rep(way to go Frank, did Fiddlesticks get a new bone for your promotion?)

Dirt for the pump track arriving in April, building begins with Friday night pump track/BMX parties starting in June and the big PAMTB pump track challenge in August.

Select Saturdays we do the ride swap, as throughout last year we had friends from other clubs and areas visit us at the mOOn. We plan to ride with them at their stomping grounds. It's all about Riding!

The IMBA trailcare crew visits for a weekend of trail friendly care, education, rides and fun!

Plus our own NEPMTBA trailcare days once a month or so with rides after.

5858/Flume/NFS trail opening in April with a mt bike fishing day the same month. NEPMTBA's Fish/Ride day, what a better way to combined Riding and Fishing. Come ride your mt bike on the Moon lake park trails right to Harvey's Creek, fish, ride back to the park for a fish cookout. (Pa fishing license/trout stamp required) Of course you don't have to ride, or fish to join us at the park for the cookout.

July is the mOOns first year anniversary with another MTB weekend on the schedule. MTB Rides, Geocaching, RC Plane demos, Food, Fun!

The PA statewide KAZ program joins Moon Lake with a NEPMTBA kids mt bike weekend in August. Education, rides, fun fun fun for the newest mt bikers on the trail.

Of course the Wednesday night "Riding the mOOn" rides every Wednesday night with select days stopping at the "Trials area" for a bit of balance, bikes, and brats on the grill.

Don't be surprised if we sneek a friendly mt bike race in there also!

mOOn Lake Park not just Trails, a True Mt Bike Paradise!

trail addict
    I'd like to visit the trails some time, but google maps doesn't cover that area too well...

Could you give me the rundown on how to get there from Shickshinny (actually coming from Bloomsburg)?

I have a hardtail and a 6" full sus... any opinions on which is better for the area?

Thanks,

Jamie
    You better just go ahead and drop that seatpost down to the reflector... the trail gets pretty rough down there.

Ride da mOOn Moderator

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Six Pack
    I'd like to visit the trails some time, but google maps doesn't cover that area too well...

Could you give me the rundown on how to get there from Shickshinny (actually coming from Bloomsburg)?

I have a hardtail and a 6" full sus... any opinions on which is better for the area?

Thanks,

Jamie
    Jamie:

Your close, from Shickshinny/Bloomsburg Rt 11 north, left turn onto RT 29 in Plymouth, 6 miles, left at the Moon Lake park sign then straight to the main gate, park there and Nature's Way trail is right inside the main gate on your left. Stop by the office near the main entrance for a map if you like or just ask one of the friendly park staff to point you to a trail.

The trails differ I'm sure you will find something you like!

Thanks, enjoy

trail addict
    OK, found it.

But would it be better to make the left at Hunlock Creek and take the back roads, or left at West Nanticoke (onto 29) and come in from that direction?
    You better just go ahead and drop that seatpost down to the reflector... the trail gets pretty rough down there.

Ride da mOOn Moderator

Wink

Jamie:

Yes that is another way, White Oak drive(I think is the name ck it be sure) is dirt further up and its full of mud and potholes. It does bring you out at the Main Gate though. I sent you the easiest way but you can see there is back way which works too. You can get there from Rt 118 also!

trail addict
    Quote Originally Posted by NEPMTBA
    Jamie:

Yes that is another way, White Oak drive(I think is the name ck it be sure) is dirt further up and its full of mud and potholes. It does bring you out at the Main Gate though. I sent you the easiest way but you can see there is back way which works too. You can get there from Rt 118 also!
    Cool, I figured the back roads might have some ugly spots.

Thanks a bunch, I'll be up sometime, hopefully for a group ride!

Ride da mOOn Moderator

Wink

Jamie

See on the trail nice talk'in wit ya!

Mar 2009
    look forward to get my bike soon so i can join up soon

mtbr member
    So I have found 2 Moon Lake Park Road entrances on Google Maps. Which would be the better one to put into my Nav system?

196 Moon Lake Rd, Hunlock Creek, PA‎

196 Moon Lake Road, Lehman, Pennsylvania‎

The guys from http://www.hubbardbicycleclub.com/phpBB2/index.php told me about it, and said that there are great trails down there.

Ride da mOOn Moderator

Good job!

Quote Originally Posted by Scottandhisdog
    So I have found 2 Moon Lake Park Road entrances on Google Maps. Which would be the better one to put into my Nav system?

The guys from http://www.hubbardbicycleclub.com/phpBB2/index.php told me about it, and said that there are great trails down there.
    Scott:

There is only one main entrance, and I will get the GPS today when I ride and get the info back to you. Hubbard, great crew, tell'em I said "Hi"

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    Anyone riding the Moon this weekend? I'm in town for easter and will try to ride the trails Sat and Sun on my Uni.
    -Roland

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottandhisdog

deerwood dr, pa 18621

That seems to be the most accurate I can get with Google maps. On Atherton Road there is only one turn on the east side of it. My Delorme maps have one more little connector Google doesn't show, so I'm not sure what address will be a sure shot at it. If you get to that Atherton road though, it's a very obvious standard park entrance with gates, flag pole, building, firewood, and park vehicles around. If you swap over to googles sattelite views, it's pretty easy to spot that actual gate.

41.251815, -76.054981 looks pretty accuracy for the lot for the park office. They have trail maps in the park office that are better than nothing, but it's just the color map from http://chriffer.com/MoonLakeMap printed out in black and white so it loses most of the meaning. I am also the unofficial Moon Lake trails tour guide. If you are headed there and would like someone to show you around, throw an email at [email protected] and there's a pretty good shot I'll be headed there anyway on a weekend day.

I just looked at my maps and I should really work on them some more hah.

mtbr member

Hey Rolandisimo!

Quote Originally Posted by Rolandisimo
    Anyone riding the Moon this weekend? I'm in town for easter and will try to ride the trails Sat and Sun on my Uni.
    -Roland
    Hope your winter went well. I will be riding Jim Thorpe area on Saturday. If your in town again let us know and we can plan to ride with you and your brother in law(Bob?). Ride on! Jeff
    There are two paths you can go by but in the long run........

Ride da mOOn Moderator

Good job!

Quote Originally Posted by Rolandisimo
    -Roland
    Roland:

I'm sure we will ride it on Sunday around noon

Good to hear from ya! Say Hi top Bob

Members who have read this thread: 0