my morning ride....- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Apr 2005

my morning ride....

it was cold, but not unbearablly so. i didn't have work until two so i got down to manayunk early, asked the cute la columbe coffee shop girls if i could stash my work cloths behind there counter (human zoom doesn't open til 11) and took off for 3 hours in the valley. it was pretty great ridng except for the sticky, thawed out mud. that was only bad on the new single track portion between wises mill and summit ave. since i wanted a new pic of my bike cuz of my new (to me atleast) steel fork, i brought my camera. heres the three pics i took:

two are under the walnut lane bridge, the third is from the top.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Trail eater

nice pics

how are you finding riding a SS out at wiss? Moreso the indian side. Im building up a SS bike from scratch and I wanted to know how much trouble my legs and lungs are going to be in when I finally finish the build. What gear ratio are you using?
    Are those 29er tires? they look it from the pics you posted.

cheers
    Climb like a goat, descend like a banshee

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    its rollin on 26's. the pic does look like 29's but i'm too short for that. i've been ridin SS everywhere for 2 years now. theres nothing i can't ride in the wiss on that bike that i couldn't do on my geared bike, and i've become a much stronger rider in alot of ways. i ride 32:16. you'll be fine, go for it.

mtbr member
    You work at HZ in Manayunk...very cool. I grabbed up the pink King a few weeks ago from you guys. Awesome in-stock selection! Some nice builds laying around as well...damn Main-Liners :P

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by 2000cx
    You work at HZ in Manayunk...very cool. I grabbed up the pink King a few weeks ago from you guys. Awesome in-stock selection! Some nice builds laying around as well...damn Main-Liners :P
    Yeah, our Santa Cruz bikes are hot... the Nomad in the window is my fav.

mtbr member

Good job!

Quote Originally Posted by too40sx
    Yeah, our Santa Cruz bikes are hot... the Nomad in the window is my fav.
    I have not heard of HZ, must stop by and check it out. Do you guys have any 29ers by chance?

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    Human Zoom is what used to be Bikeline on main street. as far as 29ers go, we can get Vicious Cycles 29er. We may also be able to get Gary Fisher products, but i'd have to check on that.

mtbr member
    Sounds good - I'm merely looking to demo bikes at the moment, but I'll definately keep you guys in mind. Cheers!

Members who have read this thread: 0