MTB races in philly area- Mtbr.com
Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    pain don't hurt
    Reputation: TurboasT4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    162

    MTB races in philly area

    Hey guys i wanna do some races. I'm in the philly area (delaware county) and looking for some upcoming events. Anybody aware of anything going on?

    Thanks.

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    272
    Two things to look at:

    http://www.cyclingcalendar.com/

    http://www.mountainbikeracer.com/upcomingraces/list.php

    But I've always found the good races are several hours away from the immediate Philly area, Coburn, State College area, Wellsboro, etc. There's someone in Lancaster or York that puts on some races (Month of Mud I thing it's named) but I've never been.

  3. #3
    pain don't hurt
    Reputation: TurboasT4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    162
    Quote Originally Posted by XCoalMiner
    Two things to look at:

    http://www.cyclingcalendar.com/

    http://www.mountainbikeracer.com/upcomingraces/list.php

    But I've always found the good races are several hours away from the immediate Philly area, Coburn, State College area, Wellsboro, etc. There's someone in Lancaster or York that puts on some races (Month of Mud I thing it's named) but I've never been.

    Thanks for the response. Those sites didn't seem to have much to offer. I did a race with my friend in western NY, and I'm trying to find a race close to home that he can come down here for.

    Looks like the season is pretty much over though. Oh well. Maybe we'll head out to Jim Thorpe instead.

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    272
    One more source. DirtRag Magazine, the print version, has a good list of MTB events. Since they're East Coast (and PA) based, they have lots of stuff for the region.

    I don't think the season is over just yet. There are two good races that I know of in October, one in Coudersport (Potter County) and one in Milford (NE PA). Can't locate the details right now, but try searching.

  5. #5
    ^ The Trail Starts Here ^
    Reputation: Proformance Cycle's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    829
    Quote Originally Posted by XCoalMiner
    One more source. DirtRag Magazine, the print version, has a good list of MTB events. Since they're East Coast (and PA) based, they have lots of stuff for the region.

    I don't think the season is over just yet. There are two good races that I know of in October, one in Coudersport (Potter County) and one in Milford (NE PA). Can't locate the details right now, but try searching.

    I don't know if God's country race is still running----anyone?

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    272
    Quote Originally Posted by Proformance Cycle
    I don't know if God's country race is still running----anyone?
    I haven't seen it in a while, but I think it is. It is usually held in mid October, several weeks after the race in Wellsboro/Aspah. Usually starts/ends at Lyman Run State Park, I've been too busy to search for it.

    They also have a God's Country Marathon, and this is still going strong.

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    220

    Try this...

    http://www.bikereg.com/races/Flyers/...AMuchy2005.pdf

    If your buddy is in NY, this might be close to both of you, though I think there is limited space so it might be too late, but Allamuchy is a great ride!

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation: MonolithicX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    77
    You could think about doing some Cross racing. Seems to be more of a Fall/Winter sport than Mountain Biking.

    http://www.midatlanticcross.info/2005.htm

  9. #9
    Lez go.
    Reputation: Mega T's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    217
    Wanna race me around the entire green loop at the Wissahickon? I have a 35lb.+ Freeride setup, but I've been attacking the (up)hills like a madman and I'll give it my best shot!
    Team C2G
    Jah is my copilot.

Members who have read this thread: 0

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT MTBR

VISIT US AT

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.