MTB Poker Run - Todd Forrest- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Nov 2010

MTB Poker Run - Todd Forrest

POKER RUN TO BENEFIT TODD FORREST & FAMILY:

Yesterday after my race I had the chance to meet and speak with Chris from the Trail Spinners club ( a group of MTB riders and advocates that put a lot of effort into maintaining trails in the DE, MD and southern PA local areas, and who bring us the annual Trail Spinners Fair Hill Classic ). One of the original Trail Spinners and a man known for breaking legs on his weekly local training ride Todd Forrest, is one of our own and in a fight for his life. Cancer…what else, and the outlook is not good. But Todd’s friends and fellow Trail Spinners have pulled together to support their friend, mentor and cyclist and to help his family raise some much needed funds so that they may keep their home, while Todd continues in this struggle to fight for life. To this end the Trail Spinners have organized a Poker Run to raise money on Todd’s and his family’s behalf and it’s going to take place on Saturday 6/16/12 down at Fair Hill. I’ve included the BikeReg link below. Please, if you have the day available, sign on and register. If you do not have the day available, you can still make a donation by registering ( you don’t have to show up, by registering and donating, you’ve shown your support for Todd and his family in this time of need ). This is something I think we can all empathize with and as I know the caliber of riders….people….we have on this team, I know you guys won’t hesitate to pull the trigger in support. There is no minimum, so please donate what you can, of course every dollar helps. So in a more respectful and deferential tone than you hear me yell course-side at the races….please “do it, DO IT!”

More about Todd, who he is, and what he’s done for the local MTB scene and his riding community is included on the BikeReg registration page linked below, please take a minute to get to know more about Todd and the impact one person can have on their friends and local community.

www dot bikereg dot com/Net/16168

mtbr member
    +1. Count me and my family in!

Chilling out

Members who have read this thread: 0