Mt Pocono area 2nd week of august- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jan 2008

Mt Pocono area 2nd week of august

Hey Guys!

I'll be in the Mt Pocono/ East Strasbourg area the second week of august, hoping to get to go race at Windham NY also that weekend. Anyway, what places are there to do XC rides nearby?

Thanks for your help and advice!
    Brien

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    I am just getting into mountain biking so I am by no means an expert on where the trails are but I believe there are some state parks that are about a mile past the Camelback Ski area. It is a waterpark in the summer and we go there all the time with the little ones and it only takes us 10-15 minutes to get there from Mt. Pocono.

There is a bike/sport shop that I was in a couple of weeks ago that is just a couple of miles away from Camelback getting some gear for my son and I was looking at some of the mountain bikes that they had. The guy helping me gave me a local map of the trails and said they had some organized rides that they have on them. He mentioned they usually have two groups, a more advanced one and one that would be better for me being a beginner.

I'm sorry I don't remember the name of the shop, I think it was the Loft or something like that. I left the map and other info up in the Pocono's and I am not there this weekend. If I get a hold of it before you get here in August I will pass along the info.

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    Thanks, that sounds pretty good. I'll look around for some info online in that area, do you remember what brands they sold? Maybe I can locate them through a companies search for dealer section.

Thanks again!
    Brien

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Found it. www.loftsports.com They have a few trails listed but it appears they are still doing some work to the site to put up more info, some of the links point to a 'coming soon' message.

mtbr member
    May 2009
    There are tons of trails in the Jim Thorpe area, not too far from Mt. Pocono. If you want to check that area out, I might be able to meet up with you for a session..depending on my schedule at that time.

Members who have read this thread: 0