Thread: Mt Penn Trails

mtbr member

Mt Penn Trails

Hello, I grew up in Shillington and am back visiting family for a week. I was finally able to bring my bike with me to do some riding, and I was wondering if there would be someone available to show me around the My Penn area. I have heard about this area or awhile now and I'm excited to check it out. I like to climb as long as there is a fun decent as a reward. Love to get my wheels off the ground. Evenings or mornings would be best. Thanks...

mtbr member
    Nov 2014
    I don't have much availability in the summer mainly because I watch the kids since they're not in school, but let me know what day and times you are looking at and I'll see if I can free up some time. If not you can download the trailforks app as Mt Penn is very well marked on trailforks now. They also put up trail maps in a couple different places at Mt Penn. One map is at the BAMBA lot, there's another on the tower trail right at Spuhler Lane and I believe there is another in Egelmans park. You can also reach out to the BAMBA group on Facebook and I'm sure one of them will gladly show you around if I can't. Let me know what your plans are and I'll see if I can work something out.

BAMBA also has a group ride tomorrow night from the Oakbrook Brewing Company at 6:00pm. It's a Neversink Mt ride, but it'll still be a good time.

mtbr member
    Nov 2014
    Are you available any time in the very near future? I could probably sneak in a ride around noon today if you're around.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    you can ride a-line without anyone showing you around.

just drive up to the pgoda. it is right off skyline up at the top. you will see it from the car.

mtbr member
    Hey All, thanks for the replies, I've been getting out on some early morning rides using trail forks, rode a lot of really fun stuff. Ran in to an old friends brother this morning and he showed me a bunch of fun trails. That network is a gem. Thanks superstang for offering to show me around. A line was great, rowdy just like I like it. I will probably ride tomorrow morning again and then we are leaving Friday.

mtbr member
    Nov 2014
    Awesome! Sorry I couldn't get out to show you around, but I'm glad you got to ride some of the local trails! There is a lot of good riding at Mt Penn!