Mt. Misery- some of the best trails in valley forge- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Sep 2014

Mt. Misery- some of the best trails in valley forge

I've been riding betzwood for some time now, and i finally decided to venture off to the actual park side and found Mt joy which was alright, but then i went to mt Misery and damn those trails are nice. Going up the mountain is pretty fun, lots of rocks and semi technical climbs, and going downhill is amazing. This is by far the best place I've ever rode. But there are some assh*les there that are sticklers for the rules and complain if you're biking, but i mean hey if i can ride there i will regardless of what people say... BUT if you can get down to valley forge some time, i highly suggest you ride it

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    I was pretty sure bikes weren't allowed otherwise I would have tried a long time ago. Betzwood gets kind of boring.

mtbr member
    Sep 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Strife21 View Post
    I was pretty sure bikes weren't allowed otherwise I would have tried a long time ago. Betzwood gets kind of boring.
    bikes are not allowed, but i don't think that you will be penalized if you get approached by rangers, i was there today and ranger was parked by the Mt Misery trail entrance and i rode right past him. if i saw any coming for me id run lol. go try it man they're some fun trails

mtbr member
    Yeah cool man lets make sure as many hikers complain about people biking in the park as possible so it gets outlawed entirely.
    Yeah I only carry cans cause I'm a weight weenie.

mtbr member
    Sep 2014
    i mean why not? i will try my best to get it "outlawed" soon every one will see mountain bikers as homeless meth smoking outlaws that don't care about anything but running people down on the trails. just because of me riding Mt Misery. right.

mtbr member
    Sep 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexCuse View Post
    Yeah cool man lets make sure as many hikers complain about people biking in the park as possible so it gets outlawed entirely.

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    Why don't you just get a billboard put up with arrows to follow? Telling a friend or 2 isn't bad but once you really publicize something then it gets out of control. I'm from the Hazleton area and have ridden there on occasion when I'm in the area visiting relatives. But I would never even think about bringing a crew of riders with me. More will only ruin it on those riding it now.
    LOVE THE RIDE!

mtbr member
    Sep 2014
    Lame, lame, lame. Please, ride the Betzwood mtb trails -- where no one hikes. It's not just about whether or not you get caught, it's about respecting other trail users, and Mt Joy & Mt Misery are very popular with all kinds of folks; they're the only decent hiking trails around. So ... ride at night and leave pedestrians in peace.

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    I have to agree with the masses on this one. I'm not saying the trails there shouldn't be open to mountain biking, but they aren't. If you want to change that, please do so in a respectful way. Get involved with some volunteer trail-work crews. Get to know the rangers. Attend public meetings. Form and foster the relationships required to impact sustainable change. The renegade kamikaze think works for you and you only and just brings us down.

mtbr member
    Sep 2014
    betzwood is not very fun, and i don't have a car to go anywhere else, but I've only rode Misery twice so its not like there are people complaining about a reoccurring annoyance. but i won't ride it anymore just because i want it to be open to mountain bikers. not more enforced.

bigger than you.
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexCuse View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lou Z. Ryder View Post
    Lame, lame, lame. Please, ride the Betzwood mtb trails -- where no one hikes. It's not just about whether or not you get caught, it's about respecting other trail users, and Mt Joy & Mt Misery are very popular with all kinds of folks; they're the only decent hiking trails around. So ... ride at night and leave pedestrians in peace.
    +1 Technically, we're not allowed to ride Betzwood, either, but we get by with a wink and a nod from the rangers. Please don't give them an excuse to crack down on us and ban us entirely.