Moving to PA where are the trails at :D- Mtbr.com
    fun things are fun

Moving to PA where are the trails at :D

Hi there im a jersey guy moving to or near exton pa well temporary for about a year to go to school at uti so i was wondering what are some good trails nearby if any. And i"m not sure where in exton or how big the town is so im kinda cluless. But i wont be there till october. maybe yu can just tell me some good trails and a decent lbs or 2 and i'll research the trails here and i'll be more specific once i find an apartment. well thanks in advance.
    "If your not getting dirty your not doing it right,
    unless you ride in the rain then your just muddy"

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    Marsh Creek state park in Downingtown, French Creek State Park, Struble Trail(rails to trails) in downingtown( leads to marsh creek), Blue Marsh (Reading). Thats about all i know of for around there.

Freshly Fujified

LBS recommendation

Welcome to the Philly 'burbs. I work in Exton, and can recommend Beans Bikes on Rt.30 in Paoli (about 5 or so miles from Exton). There is also Exton Bikes and Bike Line right on Rt 30 near the Exton mall. I've done some business with Exton Bikes, but there's just something about Bike Line that turns me off. I'm sure others have had good experiences, so I figured I'd toss that option out for you to consider. If you're looking for a big box store, there's a Performance Bike in Paoli, less than a mile from Beans.

As for trails, the previous poster hit on most of what's local. If you wanted to venture more towards Philadelphia, there's Wissahickon and Belmont. I've also ridden Evansburg (see the trail reviews section), but it's off the beaten path and not a very long trail.

Bob
    'If Wal-Mart sold parachutes, who would jump?' Frank Havnoonian (quoting his father) Drexel Hill Cyclery

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    form exton your best bets are fairhill to the south and french creek to the north.

going south or west trails get pretty hilly and tech. too the south more flowy and smooth.

fun things are fun
    found out more info is there anything closer to coatesville that's the town i'll be in near millview aprtments theres an abandoned train tracks but thats all i know of
    "If your not getting dirty your not doing it right,
    unless you ride in the rain then your just muddy"

Freshly Fujified

Same recommendations

Quote Originally Posted by ran92
    found out more info is there anything closer to coatesville that's the town i'll be in near millview aprtments theres an abandoned train tracks but thats all i know of
    You're about 5 miles further west of Exton. The same recommendations apply. You can also check the trail reviews section for places in Lancaster County. It's not too far to make it worthwhile for a decent trail.

Bob
    'If Wal-Mart sold parachutes, who would jump?' Frank Havnoonian (quoting his father) Drexel Hill Cyclery

Downingtown

Quote Originally Posted by ran92
    If you haven't found us yet, there is a group that rides Tuesday and Thursday nights from Dowingtown. Also do weekend rides. If you want to be in the know, join our mail group: http://sports.groups.yahoo.com/group/dtownmtb/