Mountain Lion...- Mtbr.com
    Ride da mOOn Moderator

Wink Mountain Lion...

Picture of a mountain lion which was hit by a truck on Mill Creek Road east of Altoona, south of State College, between Mt. Union and Huntingdon PA.

Ken Plowman's Photos | Facebook
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Mountain Lion...-397241_326723797361203_100000707553969_1082458_2029141978_n.jpg  

mtbr member
    wow thats a big one!

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by NEPMTBA View Post
    Picture of a mountain lion which was hit by a Ford F350 on Highway 64 in Northern Arizona in December of 2007.
    snopes.com: Arizona Mountain Lion

Fixed it for you

Ride da mOOn Moderator
    Here's what was posted on FB

Bruce Silveri shared Ken Plowman's photo.

Ken Plowman's Photos
    Well, What Do You Know – Maybe They Are Really Here After All!

Picture of ...a mountain lion which was hit by a truck on Mill Creek Road east of Altoona, south of State College, between Mt. Union and Huntingdon PA.

There have been frequent denials by the PA State Game Commission that there are any in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. There were some years ago, but now they no longer exist in the state -- that is, according to Game Commission officials. We citizens of Pennsylvania have come to the place where we regard these people on about the same level as our politicians in Harrisburg and with about the same amount of credibility when they speak on certain issues, such as the existence of mountain lions in the Commonwealth. You have to have lived a while in our fair state to fully appreciate that!

So look at the above photo once more -- that really isn't a household tabby cat that guy is holding! So what does one do when Game Commission people tell you one thing and then something comes along that shoots their claim full of more holes than you find in Swiss cheese?

A close friend of mine saw one of those critters walking by his bee boxes a few months back in broad daylight -- maybe he saw an apparition or something -- maybe he was hallucinating or had been out in the sun too long!See More
    By: Ken Plowman

<input name="charset_test" value="€,´,€,´,水,Д,Є" type="hidden"><input autocomplete="off" name="post_form_id" value="8bc971f884169c50cf74e3f7ed8ae087" type="hidden"><input name="fb_dtsg" value="AQCd5xKu" autocomplete="off" type="hidden"><input autocomplete="off" name="feedback_params" value="{&quot;actor&quot;:&quot;100000625220973&qu ot;,&quot;target_fbid&quot;:&quot;236824836391913& quot;,&quot;target_profile_id&quot;:&quot;10000062 5220973&quot;,&quot;type_id&quot;:&quot;17&quot;,& quot;source&quot;:&quot;1&quot;,&quot;assoc_obj_id &quot;:&quot;&quot;,&quot;source_app_id&quot;:&quo t;2309869772&quot;,&quot;extra_story_params&quot;:[],&quot;content_timestamp&quot;:&quot;1326761931&qu ot;,&quot;check_hash&quot;:&quot;618e200cf77942e2& quot;}" type="hidden"><button class="like_link stat_elem as_link" title="Like this item" type="submit" name="like" onclick="fc_click(this, false); return true;" data-ft="{&quot;type&quot;:22}">LikeUnlike</button> · <label class="uiLinkButton comment_link" title="Leave a comment"><input data-ft="{&quot;type&quot;:24}" value="Comment" onclick="return fc_click(this);" type="button"></label> · Share · <a href="https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=236824836391913&id=100000 625220973"><abbr title="Monday, January 16, 2012 at 7:58pm" data-utime="1326761931" class="timestamp livetimestamp">49 minutes ago</abbr> ·

• 1 share1 share
    • <input autocomplete="off" name="translate_on_load" value="" type="hidden">

• <input autocomplete="off" class="hiddenInput" type="hidden"><textarea class="enter_submit DOMControl_placeholder uiTextareaNoResize uiTextareaAutogrow textBox mentionsTextarea textInput" title="Write a comment..." placeholder="Write a comment..." name="add_comment_text" onfocus="return wait_for_load(this, event, function() {if (!this._has_control) { new TextAreaControl(this).setAutogrow(true); this._has_control = true; } return wait_for_load(this, event, function() {JSCC.get('j4f14c86dceb5d1b0632921335').init(JSCC. get('j4f14c86dceb5d1b0632921337'));;JSCC.get('j4f1 4c86dceb5d1b0632921337').init([&quot;buildBestAvailableNames&quot;,&quot;hoistFri ends&quot;]);JSCC.get('j4f14c86dceb5d1b0632921334').init({&qu ot;max&quot;:10}, null, JSCC.get('j4f14c86dceb5d1b0632921335'));;;});});" autocomplete="off">Write a comment...</textarea>

mtbr member
    Feb 2011

Total bs

Seems a little strange that the exact same animal was also killed by a guy that looks exactly like Ken Plowman with an absolutely identical garage setup as Ken Plowman in Swenson, Texas in January 2009.
    260 Pound Mountain Lion in Stonewall County | Pictures | Media

..oh, and Cashiers, North Carolina in Jun 2008 as well.
    Crossroads Chronicle - News

oh, and look, Parkersburg, West Virginia too....
    Mountain Lion Killed in West Virginia (Photos) - Urban Legends
    __________________________________________________ ________________________

The name of the gentleman in the photo is Jason Ellico, not Ken Plowman. Jason works for the Department of Public Works in Prescott, Arizona.

Huge lion is subject of Internet speculation - The Prescott Daily Courier - Prescott, Arizona

Last edited by paroxnstuff; 01-16-2012 at 08:31 PM.

Ride da mOOn Moderator

Wink

Might be a traveling road show on wheels!
    LOL

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    Crazy story

mtbr member
    If that picture was really taken in PA, what are the mule deer antlers doing in the background? Have those come to PA as well?

Ride da mOOn Moderator

Wink

That's why when I posted it...

... I used the little blue winky guy, could tell something was up wit all those antlers hanging in the other room!

Other thing is that is a huge cat and I'm no scientist but that cat has plenty to eat and no hardship such as a winter season.

mtbr member
    phew! I was scared for a minute there,good sleuthing

Did you ever have ham?
    Looks like he would have made a good wrestling partner!!!
    Waging war on my pedals every chance I get!!!

mtbr member
    Dec 2008
    Nope! Not BS. This same Cat got killed 4 years in a row by the same truck but in different states. Call it rotten luck, but not BS. Why do you think he's smiling in the pics....because he still has 5 lives left!
    BTW: He was spotted this past Monday at Moon Lake. No BS!

Ride da mOOn Moderator

Good job!

Quote Originally Posted by Canadian Chuck View Post
    Nope! Not BS. This same Cat got killed 4 years in a row by the same truck but in different states. Call it rotten luck, but not BS. Why do you think he's smiling in the pics....because he still has 5 lives left!
    BTW: He was spotted this past Monday at Moon Lake. No BS!
    Dammit, I didn't think you saw me at mOOn walking on all fours reverting back to my pre-evolutionary ways!

That cat should receive royalties, pretty good at acting dead!

mtbr member
    Love how the guy looks like he is a proud hunter and stalked this cat for years....takes the photo as such too.

mtbr member
    Who actually starts these things? And why? Its just makes no sense to me that a person takes the time to write up a back story, make it sound believable, and then spread it around. Especially when using the same picture which makes it so easy to debunk
    Negative rep, please.

Ride da mOOn Moderator

Wink

You know as well as I do certain people just have to bring attention to themselves cause they don't have the spirit to accomplish anything unless it's an easy lie, and your right the guy in the pic is forever linked to this falsehood weather he wanted to be or not!

... I posted it to bring attention that it is a hoax, knowing that there are a lot of good people here on MTBR who need to know this is going around!

trail addict
    Quote Originally Posted by rlb81 View Post
    Who actually starts these things? And why? Its just makes no sense to me that a person takes the time to write up a back story, make it sound believable, and then spread it around. Especially when using the same picture which makes it so easy to debunk
    Some people are just trying to stir stuff up for no good reason....

Starting a conversation about Mt lions and our game commission with the wrong person can lead to... well, it can just be bad.

I work with a guy who insists that there are so many mt lions around and his "proof" is the one he saw road killed near his house a few years back.... it was big and black.... ummmm, yeah. Don't even try to tell him that it might have been a scrawny bear.
    You better just go ahead and drop that seatpost down to the reflector... the trail gets pretty rough down there.