Moosic Mountain gathering on June 20th- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Good job! Moosic Mountain gathering on June 20th

The Nature Conservancy will be holding a grand (re)opening on the 20th to dedicate the preserve to Dick and Nancy Eales. They have donated very generously to TNC in the past and will be present for this event. Bring the whole family. There will be rides and hikes all around the preserve. 12-14 miles of singletrack. If you're new to riding, there's the access roads.

Cedar Bike will have some Trek Fuel EX's to demo along with Gary Fisher 29'ers. The demos can be tested on Conglomerate, the most technical trail there that's just under a mile long. It's a great place to see how the ABP works!

Lee, you have to be present for this event. All are invited (as long as you're not scared of riding on the same trails as me!!! ) That reminds me, I should get out and ride before the event! The 3 crashes at Diablo this weekend really messed me up!

Be there at 10AM!

ttyl, Fahn
    Last edited by LarryFahn; 06-08-2009 at 08:32 PM.
    Hubbard Bike Club

Ride da mOOn Moderator

Good job!

I'll be there!

Anything you would like me to bring? Jenny? Molly? Ellen?

I can't stop saying what a great place the Moosic Mt Preserve is and now to have Dick & Nancy at the helm!

I too agree with Larry everyone should attend the NC is a fantastic organization, you'll meet many new friends, explore great trails, and just have a lot of fun!

... Lar, I listed it on the opening page of our website ...
    Last edited by NEPMTBA; 06-08-2009 at 10:20 PM.

Ride da mOOn Moderator

Good job!

To all:

I would like to personally Ed Staback and the Nature Conservancy for the great honor presented to myself and NEPMTBA in recognition of our hard work and progress in designing, building and maintaining trails at an area very unique place on earth. We're lucky to have this opportunity and I see much more in the future for mt bikers now with this partnership being very successful. It's a great day in Pa for Mt Bikers and all.

This was a very important goal for mt bikers showing they are on top of all rules and regulations in working with the Nature Conservancy, and their trust in us to complete and forward such a great opportunity! Many Thanks!

Last edited by NEPMTBA; 06-24-2009 at 09:10 AM.

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Also State Rep. Ken Smith!!! lol it was our office that did the citations... give us a little credit jeeeze lol

But seriously, the event was great, despite the wet weather and what has been done on Moosic Mountain is a testament of the good things that can happen when many groups come to together with a goal in mind. So lets keep up the good work and keep riding!

Thanks,

John

Ride da mOOn Moderator

Good job!

Quote Originally Posted by ira4ever76
    Also State Rep. Ken Smith!!! lol it was our office that did the citations... give us a little credit jeeeze lol

But seriously, the event was great, despite the wet weather and what has been done on Moosic Mountain is a testament of the good things that can happen when many groups come to together with a goal in mind. So lets keep up the good work and keep riding!

Thanks,

John
    John, Oops, pardon my political trail making partisin support... LOL

Yes, also State Rep Ken Smith

John, sometimes all the trail business makes me dizzy(you know those weedwacker fumes)... LOL Pretty lucky we are to have all we have...

mtbr member
    May 2005
    I second that. We are pretty lucky to have all that we have!

Members who have read this thread: 0