Moosic Mountain Conservatory Holy Sat- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Moosic Mountain Conservatory Holy Sat

Had to get out and ride on Holy Saturday. We had planned on going to Jim Thorpe but with a forcast of rain we diverted to MMC. Rained all the way up until we got to the parking lot and it stopped. Plenty of riders out today enjoying the expertly designed and built trails. We had 5 in our group(Turbo Tom, Denis, SlowDave, VAMtnbiker, and myself). Ran into a crew from Hubbard( Jay, Mike, Charley, Steve) who were riding with Wilkes Barre talent(Lynn, Jim, Joe). Actually got a chance to ride all of the side trails today as well as ride the new trail that avoids the quad downhill. Charley and crew showed us how to avoid the quad downhill....very nice addition. We saw some ribbons above the resevoir thinking that might be the new go around.....Here are a few pre ride shots....I am using our old camera...which is pretty bulky...kids got the new one...go figure. "Respect the Van".
    Attached Images Attached Images
    There are two paths you can go by but in the long run........

mtbr member

Post ride...

A few more pics post ride.....good time had by all....no major mechanicals.....the rocks of MMC certainly challenged us. A few Caskgilla's at the end "Monstrouly Hoppy".
    Attached Images Attached Images

Shrinking Clyde Rider :-)
    I had an awesome time today. The trail system is stellar, nice layout. I look forward to the next trip.

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    mmmmmmm......................beer
    i have more fun everytime i go to MMC, great ride guys

mtbr member
    Awesome....

No mechanicals though, huh? That might be a first. I'm thinking of putting recycling boxes out there to see how many parts get smashed, ripped, broke, or dismembered. No body parts would be welcomed though! Fahn
    Last edited by LarryFahn; 04-12-2009 at 07:39 PM.
    Hubbard Bike Club

Only one adjustment of the a pedal I would hardly call that a mechanical break down though. We had a couple close calls of derailleur breakage, but only ended up with a scratch. :-)

mtbr member
    I finally got to ride the preserve. Great trails....very challenging. I busted my chain on the rocks somehow.

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    The trails there are a lot of fun and a change of pace from the wooded singletrack riding characteristic of Pa.

I was there last fall and had a blast. I have to be up in Scranton on Thursday for work and may check them out in the afternoon.

mtbr member
    If you're up on Thursday, come up to Hubbard. That's the night we ride up there. As the saying goes, "My weekends begin on Thursday nights!"

FWIW. Jeff, I think I have your chainstay protector. Or someone elses from a Specialized 29'er. It's plastic covered with foam and FSR is cut out of it. I don't see it on your bike in the pics though. Let me know. ttyl, Fahn
    Hubbard Bike Club

mtbr member

Yep...that is mine....

Aceman....thanks very much...that is my chainstay protector....wondering where you found it......I did fall once pretty good ...maybe that is where I lost it...will get it from you sometime when riding up your way this spring. Thx again and more importantly thanks for designing and building a great place to ride!

mtbr member
    No problem. Actually John found it while riding on Sunday w/Jenny. He didn't specify where though. I'll ask him for ya. ttyl, Fahn
    Hubbard Bike Club

mtbr member
    How many miles of trails are up here? PS.. I love the Cascazilla....

mtbr member
    9 miles for now. More coming soon. ttyl, Fahn
    Hubbard Bike Club

9 fun fun filled miles to boote. Some trails are set up in such a way that you can double back without loosing your rhythm

Members who have read this thread: 0