Moosic Mountain Conservancy is THE BEST!!!!- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Moosic Mountain Conservancy is THE BEST!!!!

Great trail system!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by SLAMA; 03-27-2009 at 09:56 AM.

mtbr member
    More photos.
    Attached Images Attached Images

my church is the woods
    those rocks look like a blast to ride! how many miles of trail is there?

Ride da mOOn Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by moonraker
    those rocks look like a blast to ride! how many miles of trail is there?
    Moonraker:

Roughly 7 in a perimeter loop with some more internal loops. Email me [email protected] if your headed up this way and wanna ride it!

Thanks

mtbr member
    It's 8 miles with another 4 going in this Spring. Gene has about another 15 miles planned after that. It's a 2+ year plan. We're prioritizing the order the trails will be built in. There will be updates on Hubbards site as the building season starts. Click on my signature and go to the forums. I'll post updates in there. ttyl, Fahn
    Hubbard Bike Club

mtbr member
    May 2005

ready to ride !!

i think one of the best things about moosic mt trails is that they dry up so fast after it rains.... 24hrs of waiting and they're ready to ride again... must be the sandy soil and all the rocks !! thanks again to rob and gene and everyone else that helped out building them !!

mtbr member
    Neil, I've been listening at The Barn but keeping quiet about how it's dry and good to ride at TNC, but not the Lackawanna State Park. I LOVE IT! No offense to Joe Tierney who works with the LSP. The trails Joe has put in are thought out. The old trails that existed for years are the ones that stay wet up there. Give it a couple weeks and LSP should be good to go also!

The trails weren't just put in, but rather thought out and laid out sometimes foot-by-foot. They're planned, re-routed and changed time and again until we find the driest line and the most ridable line too. Of course the land and soil play a big part in keeping it dry up there too. There are 2 wet areas that are going to be taken care of. The first needs to dry up on it's own first. The second area needs rockwork extended 20'. There wasn't enough time last year to finish that expansion. Other than those two areas, it's dry!
    ttyl, Fahn
    Hubbard Bike Club

Members who have read this thread: 0