Moon Lake Park Trail Cleanup 4/19- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

... and if we just ... Moon Lake Park Trail Cleanup 4/19

here are the pictures i got while we were working......new part of NFS rocks! and 5858 is tough!!!! visiting and riding with everyone was a lot of fun......Chuck M. is crazy!!! lol
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I'm the kind of person you need to keep your eye on or I'll wander off into the woods and forget to come back...

mtbr member

... and if we just ...

heres the rest
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I'm the kind of person you need to keep your eye on or I'll wander off into the woods and forget to come back...

mtbr member
    Dec 2008
    Nice pictures. Great work on the trails! Sorry I wasn't able to make it earlier.

BIKE!!
    Nov 2005
    Good stuff guys!!

mtbr member
    Dec 2008
    Great pictures. I can't wait to ride the new trail!!!

mtbr member

... and if we just ...

joan,

we road it after you left.....has such a great flow and the origanal part of nfs was benched so now you can fly....5858 to the top is really technical but a lot of fun! cant wait for wednesday! mOOn time!

mtbr member

Great Day out there....

Thx for posting the pics and story. NFS really rocks....love the downhill trails...thats the way we roll.....Ride On!
    There are two paths you can go by but in the long run........

Ride da mOOn Moderator

Good job!

Guys:

What a team! Everyone take a bow! You built a very special trail that will be fun for all to ride for years to come. Started & designed last season we now have completed the expert epic loop at the mOOn!

Chuck & Ty K., Canadian Chuck, Bill, Jeff, Brian, Mike, Rick, Bryan G., Big Daddy Todd, Joan, Loren & Jake, Chuck Menziff, Chris Murph(our map guy who was sick but worked on the maps at home while recouping) Cliff and the park staff!

Two teams split up and Brian & Mike started from the water tower in the park to further finesse the NFS upper DH they designed last year with benching and tuning to improve flow, as the other team started at the Flume to work up making the connection to NFS.

Just for those who want to know the details: you can start at the water tower in mOOn Lake the park, ride NFS, starts out as a rock hopping trials sectional trail turning into a smooth swoopy switchback designed by Mike & Brian flowing into a sideways ripper that crosses Plan B trail(many options here as shuttles using vehicles could be arranged using TTS trail. Dropping you into the second half of NFS for more smooth fast switchback with the last part a northshore moss covered pine tree forest. All in all dropping 400 feet in altitude to the Flume, which is a scenic smooth path next to an old water aqueduct from 100 years ago, then ride up 5858, a rock strewn tech jungle to arrive back in the park at the intersection of Nature's Way, but there is the option I put in to switch over to Salamander half way up 5858 for an off camber rock garden, that ends on the Service Rd on the way to the T-Rex's.

Our ride event after the work was completed was fun. Everyone wanted to get to the NFS downhill as quick as possible, so we just rode the park pave to get to the water tower. We rode the entire NFS/Flume/5858 then the cookout began with great hot dogs and beverages!

Chuck Menziff made the announcement that it was the toughest trail he ever rode!!!!!!!!!!!! Then said I'm gonna ride it again! That's what we wanted to hear, cause riders b88ch about trails that are tough, but they always go back for more! The mOOn now has that classification! That group of trails will be known as the Expert loop! We have done it. In less than one year we have beginner/novice/intermediate/expert trails to please all skill levels. Chuck Menziff and I did a tour of the rest of the trails in the park, Cliff saw us so much he asked if we were riding in circles. I told him his park is now EPIC due to the great help we had from all to truly make the mOOn worldly.

In upcoming months water problems and sticky areas will be addressed to further the flow experience

Thanks to everyone who supports NEPMTBA, the park, and Mt Biking in our area, and to everyone who donated food and beverages. Jake for the fantastic pics. It all made for a fun filled day with perfect weather and food.

Jake your really ripp'in that singlespeed...

Go ride it!

mtbr member

... and if we just ...

thanks lee,

and i know my dad had said that as soon as the wood is delivered we will build the bridges on JKE and im sure the other wet/ muddy areas can be fixed no problem.....sunday was great and i cant wait for tomorrow night.....MOON RIDE!

Members who have read this thread: 0