Moon Lake/Jim Thorpe- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jan 2008

Moon Lake/Jim Thorpe

I will be visiting family in Kunkletown this weekend (friday 8/7 thru 8/9).I am wondering how the trails are at Moon Lake.Can I get a trail map there?Does anyone have a route they recommend?Is there a time and place to meet for a local ride of the area? Ride doesn't have to be a hammerfest (looking for an intermediate+ xc)How does this compare to Jim Thorpe?

Also looking for a guide to Jim Thorpe.I usually ride the same stuff and looking for some local knowledge.
    Thanks

mtbr member

... and if we just ...

L.I.cyclocrosser-

the trails at Moon Lake are great! Trail maps can be picked up in the main office or you can go to http://www.chriffer.com/MoonLakeMap........Chriffer is an mtbr member who rides moon lake a lot and updates the maps!

A route i recomend is going up natures way from the main office, ride t-rex 1 and t-rex 2, down the road of the campground onto screamer, then onto the dark (the dark is a little muddy), come out by the concrete with a fence around it, then onto slide (slide is left and buddy's is the right trail.....left goes to a road which you must ride up to get to the nature center and right goes to the flat dirt road leading to the nature center)....from there you can ride big blue down all the way to the rock waterfall then up across the field and get on thorny hollow which will shoot you out towards the main office or....you cold get on 5 tree which is the opposite way of the rock waterfall and then back to the nature center on 5 tree, burts and moto......then do big blue again across the rock waterfall then straight across the field to thorny hollow!

every Wednesday night at 6pm NEPMTBA hosts rides with different skill levels
    I'm the kind of person you need to keep your eye on or I'll wander off into the woods and forget to come back...

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    Thanks for the advice.Plan on hitting it on friday.

I would like to try a certain (toilet bowl reference) Jim Thorpe ride on sat.Have never done this but it seems like people are riding it.I would like to be able to cross it off my bucket list.Do I have to worry about being hassled by "The Man"?Where would the safest place to park be?

those are Rollercams...
    Quote Originally Posted by L.I.cyclocrosser
    Thanks for the advice.Plan on hitting it on friday.

I would like to try a certain (toilet bowl reference) Jim Thorpe ride on sat.Have never done this but it seems like people are riding it.I would like to be able to cross it off my bucket list.Do I have to worry about being hassled by "The Man"?Where would the safest place to park be?
    Former Islander here with a weekend place in JT. Not sure if I'm going to be there this weekend but if I am I'll be glad to give you the tour.

Truly a wealth of useless information.

http://blackdogadventureteam.blogspot.com/

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    That would be great.I sent you a pm.

Members who have read this thread: 0