Missed the Moon today, how will the trails be tomorrow- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jan 2007

Missed the Moon today, how will the trails be tomorrow

with all the rain we are supposed to get tonight? Somewhere, I read that the Moon drains nicely compared to other trails. Note, that my friend and I have never been there before but would probably be sticking to the easier trails. Thanks,

Chilling out
    i don't know what the "rain policy" is here, but me & the Mrs rode Natures' and the Blue (Big Blue?) today and i would expect them to hold up well to reasonable rainfall. i also hit The Dark and Screamer and T-Rex 1 & 2 and would be surprised if they were a problem wet.

note: some of the lower trails on the S-W side could get very wet and muddy i think.

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    The only trails to have any real concerns about muddy sections are Skinny, JKE, Peek-A-Boo, and MoZee. There might be some muddy spots on Screamer and 5 Tree.

The more difficult trails like Edge of the Ledge, Salamander, 5858, and T-Rex 1 tend to have rocks that get very slick while wet. So mud won't be a problem, but things can get even more difficult than the normally tough trails they are to begin with.

If I was going out there tomorrow, I would avoid JKE and otherwise ride normally unless we get something big overnight. There is a downed tree on the service road between the Stone Steps and where Edge of the Ledge and T-Rex 1 meet. I threw a big red X on the map I was playing with at the moment. You can either just take the Skinny trail instead (blue on this map), or just get off your bikes and carry them over the large downed tree.

Here's the map

mtbr member
    Jan 2007

My friend and I had a great time at the Moon this past weekend!

Followed your suggestions and stuck with Big Blue, Nature's Way, over the downed tree and through T-Rex 1. At that point, took the service road down and wound our way back up to the nature center parking area. Also hit Mozee and another trail nearby. Had a great time and definitely plan on coming back lots. Thanks again!

mtbr member
    I was at the Moon on Tuesday. Trails are in good shape. Fun.....fun....fun!

Members who have read this thread: 0