Michaux-Teaberry- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Michaux-Teaberry

Just moved to Maryland from Colorado and am considering doing the Michaux race this weekend. I'm definitely not new to racing but am looking for a description of the Teaberry Monster XC course as I have only been able to find a map and limited info. Anyone up there done this race? Whats it like? Thanks

mtbr member
    Nov 2004

rocky

Quote Originally Posted by brucerobs
    Just moved to Maryland from Colorado and am considering doing the Michaux race this weekend. I'm definitely not new to racing but am looking for a description of the Teaberry Monster XC course as I have only been able to find a map and limited info. Anyone up there done this race? Whats it like? Thanks
    First things first. The Michaux races are some of the best races in the area. The monster loops are ~35 mile single loops. That said, the trails can be very technical and very, very, very rocky. I've ridden in a few areas in Colorado, and some of the lower stuff in Fruita/Grand Junction approaches it, but think of mile after mile of singletrack where the smoothest line is over the big rocks.

If you're new to the area I would definitely do it. Plan for it to take longer than you expect.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    those trails up there are awesome, but really technical (depending on what your used to of course)... fun stuff for sure, but i would take your first race as more of a ride! great way to see some of the trails and not get lost.

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    i did the terror of teaberry as my first race aswell. it wasn't easy (some people told me it was dumb) but it was a real fun time. definatly rocky and technical tho.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Thanks

Thanks for the feedback guys. Im looking forward to it and I'll let you know my thoughts afterwards. Should be fun.

Members who have read this thread: 0