Marsh Creek- Mtbr.com

Thread: Marsh Creek

mtbr member
    Apr 2009

Marsh Creek

I wanted to start a Marsh Creek thread. I have been riding these trails for a few months now and I think March Creek is highly underrated. They have everything you would want in this park and some really kick ass singletracks. This might be the best kept secret, well until now

NEPMCPMBA President
    Jul 2007
    I don't think it's a secret. Everybody in the Downingtown/Exton area rides there, and there's a race there soon, as well.

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=531663

West Chester, PA
    Sep 2006
    Yeah, It is pretty nice if you're not looking for a marathon ride. Only thing I don't like is how every time I go down a trail I have to go back up.

Funny thing too - It seems to be the only place I've ridden where there is more bike traffic on weeknights then on saturday. Last wednesday night I must have passed at least 40 different bikers. Its definately no secret.

This reminds me, I was thinking last week that I was going to go over there soon and cut back some brush.

mtbr member
    Wait until you find about all the other awesome trails in the area...

W.M.A.
    the entire race course will be trimmed back by this saturday...

if ridden properly you can put in some decent miles... connect both sides and the quarry...race loop last year was approx 9 miles and didnt include most of the bonus loop.

dont jsut go out and start trimming... especially with power tools... that must be coordinated with the park office.

planned trail days can be found here - http://patrailhands.org/ one coming up on 7/26

West Chester, PA
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowflag

dont jsut go out and start trimming... especially with power tools...
    I wasn't planning on it, my damn neighbor borrowed my 500 yard extension cord 3 months ago and hasn't given it back.

W.M.A.
    thats a shame... they actually make gas powered tools now. you should look into that option. it makes work in the woods a lot easier.

West Chester, PA
    Sep 2006
    Ha, everything I have is gas powered except for my old school B+D hedge trimmer. I can't let it go, its been around for about 25 years.

NEPMCPMBA President
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by 92gli
    Ha, everything I have is gas powered except for my old school B+D hedge trimmer. I can't let it go, its been around for about 25 years.
    How many splices in the power cord from cutting through it?

West Chester, PA
    Sep 2006
    Only 7 or 8.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Hi! By any chance, is there a map of the trails somewhere?

W.M.A.
    very old very unofficial map - many changes/additions since this one, but youll get the jist... one problem youll find is that there are really no GOOD markings on any of the trails there.

Dinner for wolves
    Shadowflag,

What's with all the little explosion icons?
    Responds to gravity

W.M.A.
    yeah... ignore those... that was something someone put on there after a bad storm a few years back noting all the trees that were down.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Thanks Shadowflag.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Is the singletrack from the west parking lot to the dam one way? Can you take it on your way back to the parking lot, or do you really have to take the gravel road that goes through the barn?

Biked there last weekene, I thought the park was really awesome. Thanks for the info guys.

West Chester, PA
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by kitman
    Is the singletrack from the west parking lot to the dam one way? Can you take it on your way back to the parking lot, or do you really have to take the gravel road that goes through the barn?

Biked there last weekene, I thought the park was really awesome. Thanks for the info guys.
    Its not one way but I think hacking down the brush bordering some of those tight turns would be wise. Even travelling very slowly I've had several near collisions.

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Yea you do not have to take the gravel road. Everytime we are there we find something else or someone that comes knows there route which leads into ours. Hard to explain but we can start behind the old paper mill and take single track all the way up to the ridge and go right down the hill for some good climbs and technical track or go left over the dam and do that track on the lower trail out to the horse stables. We ride it a lot and we still find new trails, it is awesome.

If anyone ever wants to meet up let me know.

Skier by trade
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by raekism
    Yea you do not have to take the gravel road. Everytime we are there we find something else or someone that comes knows there route which leads into ours. Hard to explain but we can start behind the old paper mill and take single track all the way up to the ridge and go right down the hill for some good climbs and technical track or go left over the dam and do that track on the lower trail out to the horse stables. We ride it a lot and we still find new trails, it is awesome.

If anyone ever wants to meet up let me know.
    I was planning on riding tomorrow AM if you are gonna be around. I am a novice (and hung over) so I will be taking it easy.
    Click. Point. Chute.

Members who have read this thread: 0