Lower Bucks Maintenance @ Core Creek- Mtbr.com
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    mtbr member

Lower Bucks Maintenance @ Core Creek

I was at the park this morning doing some maintenence for a few hours. I took care of the steel post that sliced my tire and cleaned up that overgrown trail near the telephone pole. It is open again and wider through the weeds. I was diligent in removing as many thorns as I could.

I also cleaned up a lot of glass that was dumped on the Langhorne Yardley Rd loop. There is still a ton of glass up there and I had just a few containers to carry the trash out.

We should be careful creating any new trails in the County Park. We don't want to make anyone angry. My thoughts are to get the park service on board with us in terms of a clean-up crews and see if they will give us any supplies like large paper trash bags (this is what I used this morning) and let us use their dumpster. New trails could come later after they appreciate us.

More feedback would be helpful.

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    I would be gald to give you a hand with trail fixing at Core Creek and I could also get some other people to help as well. I was always thinking about getting the IMBA involved somehow with Core Creeek and Idlewood but I need some other people to help.

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    I'm in too. I was thinking of seeing if we could could buid some NorthShore style bridges where all the pallets are. Nothing huge, but it would be nice to ride over some of the more sensitive spots. I'd put some $$$ and sweat into that. I am cleaning a little on each ride. I'll be there tonight.

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    Mike, the extended trail to the bridge was nice, Had a blast, looks like Mark was out doing some more work in the tall grass over by Woodburne.

mtbr member
    Sorry I missed you. Working late again today. And the Trek 8000 is getting fixed. As far as more bridges-- I like to keep things as natural as possible, but protect sensitive areas. I noticed the weeds on Wooudbourne side. Had to be Mark-- wasn't me. Thanks for the help. High on our list should be the six foot hill with the "V" ditch in it. Needs attention right away!

Talk later.....

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Im getting my new bike Tuesday or Wenesday so I will be up at Core Creek around 4:30pm with my buddy if either of you guys want to ride. I havent been on the trails in a month but i have been riding the road so I shouldnt be that bad. Im going from Hardtail to full suspension and am a little nervous.

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Between 4:30- 5 pm on Wednesday I will be at Core Creek.

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    Worm, what are you getting?

Mike: I was thinking more of replacing the ugly pallets on the ground with a nice raised section, I would think it would go over better than the loose boards and rotting pallets. I would just want to clean up and replace what is already there.

mtbr member
    What we need is IMPA to help us with the horse trails at Tyler State Park. Officials @ Tyler are anti-mt biking because they are equestrians. Tyler would be a good place to bike as an alternative, but we need a good lobby since the resistance will be great.

On the other hand...

I talked to a Park Ranger @ Core Creek today. He and some others are on board with us as long as things remain as natural as possible. They may provide bags to clean up the glass I typed on this board before. Officials will work with us and appreciate mantaining the trails. I got a tentative nod to use power tools in there also to remove some large trees if anyone is interested!

Side note; I don't think they like night riders in the park.... be careful!

Today I removed some more roots in lousy places and cut thorn bushes (I hate those stinkin' things), and hammered the nails down that were protruding on some of the pallets. Spent about two hours this morning with my faithful dawg!
    Last edited by trekmike; 09-13-2005 at 04:12 PM.

mtbr member
    Hi Worm, nice to see you here! I'm getting my bike back from the shop tonight and will only be available to ride on Friday morning. My wife & I are going away for the weekend w/ the kids.

Keep in mind the trouble areas @ Core. As noted before, there is a six foot hill near a swampy area that needs attention bad. Requires some physical work to be sure.

mtbr member

Plenty of work to do!

Sure, Matt, I understand now. Not a bad idea.

Anyone available Friday morning for a ride????

quote:
    Mike: I was thinking more of replacing the ugly pallets on the ground with a nice raised section, I would think it would go over better than the loose boards and rotting pallets. I would just want to clean up and replace what is already there.<!-- / message -->
    Last edited by trekmike; 09-13-2005 at 04:13 PM.

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    I'm going to try and be at Core Creek on Wednesday at 4:30. I have no idea where you come from, but I pretty much have to start from the hospital side and work my way across. I'll be the kid on a blue Ibex bike that runs into a tree if you yell out Chris.

I should be able to get there Friday morning. I know what hill you are talking about too. It's not all too bad to go up right now how it is. I haven't had the nerve to try and go down it. That could use some fixing up for sure. The only other issues I've had were with the hanging thorn bushes in some spots. They seem to move around or something because I can never really remember where they are. I can't picture where you mention the pallets. I should be able to help out with maintenance if a day is planned for that.

mtbr member

Friday Morning Should work

Hi Chriffer,

That six foot hill near the swampy flat did not have a "V" ditch in it four years ago, so, from my perspective it is real bad; and with that ditch, it will get a lot worser with runoff!

A mechanic from Guy's Bikes is interested in riding Friday morning also, probably about 0730 hrs. so he can go to work @ 1000. Chriffer, I come from the hospital side also. Maybe we can ride in together to meet the mechanic @ Duchess lane.

The pallets I hammered today are on the way to Woodbourne Rd loop toward the model airplane field. I'll show you around. And I'm trying my best with the vines that are choking the trees and the thorns!

Quote Originally Posted by Chriffer
    I'm going to try and be at Core Creek on Wednesday at 4:30. I have no idea where you come from, but I pretty much have to start from the hospital side and work my way across. I'll be the kid on a blue Ibex bike that runs into a tree if you yell out Chris.

I should be able to get there Friday morning. I know what hill you are talking about too. It's not all too bad to go up right now how it is. I haven't had the nerve to try and go down it. That could use some fixing up for sure. The only other issues I've had were with the hanging thorn bushes in some spots. They seem to move around or something because I can never really remember where they are. I can't picture where you mention the pallets. I should be able to help out with maintenance if a day is planned for that.

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    7:30 sounds good for friday morning, don't have to be at work till 10:30...

mtbr member
    I will be at Duchess Lane waiting for Guy's Bikes @ 0730. good deal!

mtbr member
    Friday morning is still good for me! I'll be at Duchess Lane parking area around 0730.

mtbr member

Looking for you

Chriffer and I made it out this morning and were looking for you. Very humid and the wet roots were nice! We saw evidence of another rider-- was that you? We finished up a little after 0900. I'm unavailable for the weekend so we could hook up another time.

Guy's Bikes didn't show.

Quote Originally Posted by mclark2112
    7:30 sounds good for friday morning, don't have to be at work till 10:30...

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    Sorry Mike, had to come into work early today, meant to post a reply last night, forgot

mtbr member
    No big sweat. Someone was out there besides us. Never ran into him/her though. By-the-way, the ladder bridge on the new section is missing. Done been carried off and removed, like! Hmmmm..... Too bad because it wasn't being used before and Chriffer and I didn't see it anywhere else this morning.

i want spring!

This weekend 9/17-18

Is anyone riding there this weekend (9/17 & 18)? OR anywhere else?

TrekMike, you always work weekends?

old dirty bert
    Check out all these mountain biking t-shirts, hats, sweatshirts by Trail Hog today!

mtbr member
    Hey d' Bert, too bad I missed the ride this weekend. I was off but went to the shore w/ wife & kids.

No I do not work all weekends, just every other. This last one was my weekend off. Next weekend I took some time off to visit colleges with my son, but I may be able to work a ride into it somewhere!

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    I was out on Sunday, most of the day, had the little kid posse with me. I let one of the older guys ride my bike, and I didn't get it back for the rest of the day! He is now saving his money for a suspension fork...

mtbr member

The ladder bridge

Did you see the ladder bridge anywhere?

I was out on Sunday, most of the day, had the little kid posse with me. I let one of the older guys ride my bike, and I didn't get it back for the rest of the day! He is now saving his money for a suspension fork...

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    No, and I told the kids about it, showed them where it was. I wonder if it was some sort of hiker conspiracy against new trails...

mtbr member

Conspiracy Theory!

Thats funny! I'm not a conspiracy theorist, however. Most likely it was a young rider that wanted it somewhere else, or the one that built it in the first place taking it home. Too bad though, because it worked well at the new spot.

No, and I told the kids about it, showed them where it was. I wonder if it was some sort of hiker conspiracy against new trails...

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    I had a family emergency and had to go to Florida. I am back now and i am riding today at 5 at core creek and most likely this weekend. I will be the husky kid on the Trance 2 if you ever go to Core Creek. I will be with a tall skiny kid on a Giant Rincon. Hope to see you there this weekend.

mtbr member

Got the message late

Saw your message around 1830 hrs. It would have been nearly dark by the time I got prepared to go and actually rode over to meet you. I may fit a ride in on Friday or Sunday though.

Quote Originally Posted by WormAQ
    I had a family emergency and had to go to Florida. I am back now and i am riding today at 5 at core creek and most likely this weekend. I will be the husky kid on the Trance 2 if you ever go to Core Creek. I will be with a tall skiny kid on a Giant Rincon. Hope to see you there this weekend.

mtbr member
    Aug 2005

I found the bridge

I think I spotted the missing bridge today. It is pulled off to the side and somewhat covered by bushes and that sort of thing. If you start from where the missing bridge was, and head in the direction of Maple Point you will cross a large bridge and then a smaller bridge. Stop on the smaller bridge and look in the direction of the sports fields and the missing bridge is leaning up against a tree. I didn't want to move it back onto the trail in any unsafe way so I didn't touch it. I don't know if we want to try and figure out who removed it and for what reason, but I will help out in replacing it if more than one person is needed.

mtbr member

Eagle Eye Chris! Sleuth foot maybe even!

Nice going Chris. You could have placed it if you wanted. We wouldn't object! What it could use is some rebar with a bent end to secure it to the ground preventing a wash-out when the heavy rains come. I was out twice yesterday looking for an appropriate log or similar such item to install at the top of the six foot hill w/ the "V" ditch to divert the runoff. Haven't seen anything nice to use yet. Cut a lot of briars though! Another rider told me last night that there is a bees nest in the area of the six foot hill. Personally, I haven't seen it.

I think I spotted the missing bridge today. It is pulled off to the side and somewhat covered by bushes and that sort of thing. If you start from where the missing bridge was, and head in the direction of Maple Point you will cross a large bridge and then a smaller bridge. Stop on the smaller bridge and look in the direction of the sports fields and the missing bridge is leaning up against a tree. I didn't want to move it back onto the trail in any unsafe way so I didn't touch it. I don't know if we want to try and figure out who removed it and for what reason, but I will help out in replacing it if more than one person is needed.

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by trekmike
    Nice going Chris. You could have placed it if you wanted. We wouldn't object! What it could use is some rebar with a bent end to secure it to the ground preventing a wash-out when the heavy rains come. I was out twice yesterday looking for an appropriate log or similar such item to install at the top of the six foot hill w/ the "V" ditch to divert the runoff. Haven't seen anything nice to use yet. Cut a lot of briars though! Another rider told me last night that there is a bees nest in the area of the six foot hill. Personally, I haven't seen it.

There is a bees nest around the little 5 inch log you have to hop before turning to go down the hill. Little Josh got stung twice there two weeks ago.

mtbr member

Cooler weather is coming!

D' Bert, nice ride @ Mercer! I never saw the area with all the sapplings. Very interesting.

Quote=Dirty Bert]Is anyone riding there this weekend (9/17 & 18)? OR anywhere else?

TrekMike, you always work weekends?

old dirty bert[/QUOTE]

mtbr member
    Aug 2004

Trail maintenance day?

Hey TrekMike.....

How goes? There are a group of 4 of us that ride Core Creek all the time and want to help out. Any chance to get a TM day together at Core Creek one of these weekends?

Steve, Allison, Steve and Lynda

mtbr member

News & Notes: Core Creek trail maintenance

Quote Originally Posted by sbermhb
    Hey TrekMike.....

How goes? There are a group of 4 of us that ride Core Creek all the time and want to help out. Any chance to get a TM day together at Core Creek one of these weekends?

Steve, Allison, Steve and Lynda

Hi sbermhb, thanks for posting your interest in the trails @ Core Creek!<O</O

Some others have expressed an interest too, but not enough to make a good day of things. Before we set up a date I would like to see more input here on MTBR in terms of volunteers, and particular work projects in the park that need attention. Obviously, we are interested in mountain biking, but we should keep in mind that the trails are multi-use. So if any maintenance or improvements we work on are friendly to hikers & fishermen too, then we should be well received by the park service.
    <O</O

As you and your family ride the park please make a mental note of the problems that interest you. This will make it easier to set up work teams that certain individuals personally find interesting! Here is a partial list in order of importance (in my opinion):
    <O</O
    1. Six foot hill near swampy flat developing a well-defined "V" ditch from water run-off during heavy rains and snow melt, and skidding bike tires (not a good thing).
    2. Pallet repair in wet areas (could be replaced with new pallets if someone has a source).
    3. Trash especially glass. Mostly unbroken bottles on Langhorne Yardley loop.
    4. Briars and thorn bushes, those ubiquitous plants with sharp edged cutting instruments installed along their stems that tears skin and punctures tires (much work has already been done here).
    5. Bee's nest.
    6. Vines choking trees along single track (usually thorn shrubs in an advanced stage of development).
    7. Inspection of existing bridges for safety.
    8. Trail blazes for newcomers (mclark2112) has suggested trail maps.<O</O
    Before we do anything, I need to contact the Park Service and the Rangers again to inform them who we are and our intentions. Once we get the nod from the county we can set up a date. Hopefully, by then we will have more volunteers and ideas.
    <O</O

Anyway, I'd like to hear more from WormAQ, mclark2112 (and his friend the forester!), Chiffer, Dirty Bert and sbermhb for more input. And, that purple Ellsworth dude named Mark has done some work in the park this summer. He isn't online, however, so it will be difficult to contact him. Keep him posted if you see him on the trail!
    <O</O

Keep it going friends!<O</O
    Last edited by trekmike; 09-26-2005 at 01:34 PM. Reason: bad english

mtbr member
    Aug 2004

Core Creek TM

Like I said, there are 4 of us, so if you can arrange a Saturday or Sunday, let us know.

I agree with your list....definitely the bees nest...Allison got stung there a few weeks ago!

A couple of others:

1) After entering the woods from Neshaminy Maple Point, the first big dip with the rocks and mud has gotten pretty ugly.

2) The slanted log pile behind Neshaminy Maple Point, just before you enter the corn field

3) After you cross Woodbourne, and bear to the left, at one point there is a dipsy doo, with a big, ugly rut to the right, and a big exposed root to the left. Can't describe exactly where it is, but it scares a bunch of riders

Hope to be able to get together and do some work there!

[/u]

Some others have expressed an interest too, but not enough to make a good day of things. Before we set up a date I would like to see more input here on MTBR in terms of volunteers, and particular work projects in the park that need attention. Obviously, we are interested in mountain biking, but we should keep in mind that the trails are multi-use. So if any maintenance or improvements we work on are friendly to hikers & fishermen too, then we should be received well by the park service.
    <O</O

As you and your family ride the park please make a mental note of the problems that interest you. This will make it easier to set up work teams that certain individuals personally find interesting! Here is a partial list in order of importance (in my opinion):
    <O</O
    1. Six foot hill near swampy flat developing a well-defined “v” ditch from water run-off during heavy rains and snow melt, and skidding bike tires (not a good thing).
    2. Pallet repair in wet areas (could be replaced with new pallets if someone has a source).
    4. Briars and thorn bushes, those ubiquitous plants with sharp edged cutting instruments installed along their stems that tears skin and punctures tires (much work has already been done here).
    5. Bee's nest.
    6. Vines choking trees along single track (usually thorn shrubs in an advanced stage of development).
    Before we do anything, I need to contact the Park Service and the Rangers again to inform them who we are and our intentions. Once we get the nod from the county we can set up a date. Hopefully, by then we will have more volunteers and ideas.
    <O</O

Anyway, I'd like to hear more from WormAQ, mclark2112 (and his friend the forester!), Chiffer, Dirty Bert and sbermhb for more input. And, that purple Ellsworth dude named Mark has done some work in the park this summer. He isn't online, however, so it will be difficult to contact him. Keep him posted if you see him on the trail!
    <O</O

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    I have had a rough couple of weeks but all is good now. i have a friend who is also interested in trail work. We will both be there tomorrow for a ride around 4:30 5pm. Once again i will be on a black trance 2. Im a husky young guy on the Mountain bike.

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    I'll be riding in about an hour!!! Yippee. Tomorrow I work at the shop. I would like to do something a little more permanent and aesthetic (sp?) to replace the pallets. I will get together some plans and figure out the cost, maybe we could put together some kind of Lower Buck MTB non-profit org to collect some cash. I would put some dough into it for sure, and some labor.

i want spring!

Funding & More

I'll be riding in about an hour!!! Yippee. Tomorrow I work at the shop. I would like to do something a little more permanent and aesthetic (sp?) to replace the pallets. I will get together some plans and figure out the cost, maybe we could put together some kind of Lower Buck MTB non-profit org to collect some cash. I would put some dough into it for sure, and some labor.
    I use to live & ride in North Jersey and there were trails near Chimney Rock that had actual boardwalks and bridges built over marshy areas. They were built real well by the Boy Scouts! Maybe you can find the local Boy Scouts in that area to help you re-build and provide trail maintenance and more man-power. Think about it, they can earn badges in the process. That north Jersey boy scouts got their material, if I'm not mistaken, for FREE! So it might help more with funding, man-power and with the rangers.

Just a thought.

DB
    Check out all these mountain biking t-shirts, hats, sweatshirts by Trail Hog today!

mtbr member

mtbr system is real slow

Too bad this system is so slow making the posts...was checking this site this afternoon. I could have been there but went to the gym instead. Sorry mclark2112. It would have been a good evening.

WormAQ, any chance you can make it earlier in the afternoon? I have to work tomorrow (Wednesday) night so 1600 hrs (4:00 pm) is a little too late for me. How about early in the morning?? There's a thought!

D' Bert, how was Atlantic City??

Chriffer, where you been, man?

[QUOTE=mclark2112]I'll be riding in about an hour!!! Yippee. Tomorrow I work at the shop. I would like to do something a little more permanent and aesthetic (sp?) to replace the pallets. I will get together some plans and figure out the cost, maybe we could put together some kind of Lower Buck MTB non-profit org to collect some cash. I would put some dough into it for sure, and some labor.[/QUOTE]
    Last edited by trekmike; 09-27-2005 at 05:05 PM. Reason: bad spelling of some words I should know

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    I'm going to respond to about 8 different things with this post so hopefully everyone won't be too confused. The local boyscouts had some sort of orienteering thing on the previous Sunday in Core Creek. It was odd having so many people wandering the trails with maps in their hands. I have no idea how to contact them, but they are around. It looks like these people http://www.cbbikeclub.org/ will be at Core Creek on Sunday at 9am.

I'm up for some tomorrow (Wednesday). I'll let you two battle over times. I don't think I could survive anything too early.

I had some fun recently with a crank falling off while I was riding. I guess I need to pay more attention to those bolts. Luckily I wasn't doing anything exciting while it happened. I managed to really mess up the paint on my bike too which makes me sad.

i want spring!
    I had some fun recently with a crank falling off while I was riding. I guess I need to pay more attention to those bolts. Luckily I wasn't doing anything exciting while it happened. I managed to really mess up the paint on my bike too which makes me sad.
    Hey Chris, you sound like a ball of fun to ride with! what were you doing that your crank popped off? You gotta be a mad man when you ride! On Ibex's website, they sell touch up paint, so don't be so sad. http://www.ibexbikes.com/parts_index.html

DB

mtbr member

Touch-up Paint?? Who needs touch-up paint!!!

Only kidding, but you should see my bike up close. There comes a time you stop worrying about it because there are plenty more crashes to come! And with your cranks falling off, I'd be more concerned about those gonads!!

I'm going to respond to about 8 different things with this post so hopefully everyone won't be too confused. The local boyscouts had some sort of orienteering thing on the previous Sunday in Core Creek. It was odd having so many people wandering the trails with maps in their hands. I have no idea how to contact them, but they are around. It looks like these people
    http://www.cbbikeclub.org/ will be at Core Creek on Sunday at 9am.

I'm up for some tomorrow (Wednesday). I'll let you two battle over times. I don't think I could survive anything too early.

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    Only kidding, but you should see my bike up close. There comes a time you stop worrying about it because there are plenty more crashes to come! And with your cranks falling off, I'd be more concerned about those gonads!!

Losing the cranks wasn't as much fun as it sounds like it should be. I was on a paved surface free wheeling and sitting at the time. I wasn't clipped in or anything. So I mostly felt the platform under my foot go and a big thud as the giant pedals hit the ground. I managed to ride my new full suspension scooter the last half mile or so without much excitement.

They send a little bottle of the touchup paint with the bike. The issue was this needed a lot more than a touchup. I had to stop and mess with my chain and needed the bike standing while I did. The only option I had was to lean it on a streetsign with a metal post. The post type thing must have had a shorp corner because I lost about an inch long section of paint. The touchup stuff seemed to turn into a runny sticky mess when I tried to use it on such a big area.

I don't see any sign of WormAQ yet today. I don't know how late you can wait trekmike, but I'm willing to suffer the terrible fate of riding twice today if I have to. I'm not sure which direction WormAQ comes from which would make meeting up with him tough.

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    Have to run out for a little right now. Ride @ 1300 hrs?
    That will work well. I had a few things I wanted to get done today, and that should give me the chance to do them before we ride. See you then.

mtbr member

Today @ 1300 hrs.

Have to run out for a little right now. Ride @ 1300 hrs?

Losing the cranks wasn't as much fun as it sounds like it should be. I was on a paved surface free wheeling and sitting at the time. I wasn't clipped in or anything. So I mostly felt the platform under my foot go and a big thud as the giant pedals hit the ground. I managed to ride my new full suspension scooter the last half mile or so without much excitement.

They send a little bottle of the touchup paint with the bike. The issue was this needed a lot more than a touchup. I had to stop and mess with my chain and needed the bike standing while I did. The only option I had was to lean it on a streetsign with a metal post. The post type thing must have had a shorp corner because I lost about an inch long section of paint. The touchup stuff seemed to turn into a runny sticky mess when I tried to use it on such a big area.

I don't see any sign of WormAQ yet today. I don't know how late you can wait trekmike, but I'm willing to suffer the terrible fate of riding twice today if I have to. I'm not sure which direction WormAQ comes from which would make meeting up with him tough.

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    It looks like I may have a hard time riding today WormAQ. I had a crank fall off while riding with trekmike which made things interesting. I managed to lose the bolt that attaches it so I probably will have to hunt around for one for a little while. With only 45 minutes left before you plan on heading out I don't think I will be able to wrangle up a bolt some loctite and put everything back together in time. I may check out the Neshaminy HS trail this weekend if I have something with 2 wheels I can roll around on.

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    I can only riade in the afternoon because i have work from 5:30 am to 3 pm. I ride every wednesday with my buddy and every weekend. We always ride core creek on wednesday and try to go to nesahminy, washington crossing, or mercer on the weekends. i will be at core creek in about an hour at the parking near the dam where the trail head is. I usually ride the road from 3:30 to 4:30 then go home and switch bikes and hit the trails.

i want spring!

Jealous

I'm so jealous that all of you are riding. I'm stuck here behind this desk staring at this damn computer for 7 hrs now. I have been getting some time to check out the pics of the Interbike. Has anyone seen them?

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Its cool I hade my crank fall apart on me 10 miles from my car. Luckinly it was on the canal path and my one crank shaft was still usable. i had to pedal with one leg and it was not fun. You got to keep an eye on your bike man. I get a tune up at least every three months and every time the tell me that my crank is loose. they say it is from uneven pedal strokes or if you put to much presure on one side of the crank while on a climb.

mtbr member

Can't make it tonight WormAQ

I can only riade in the afternoon because i have work from 5:30 am to 3 pm. I ride every wednesday with my buddy and every weekend. We always ride core creek on wednesday and try to go to nesahminy, washington crossing, or mercer on the weekends. i will be at core creek in about an hour at the parking near the dam where the trail head is. I usually ride the road from 3:30 to 4:30 then go home and switch bikes and hit the trails.
    Work, and the need for a paycheck calls tonight-- but had a decent ride today w/ Chriffer until his crank fell off. The dude is brutal. A Sunday ride has some promise & maybe Friday afternoon sometime before it gets dark. Let us know when & where!

Core Creek is in real nice shape. Very dry & fast.

Later......

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Todays ride was great. There were a good amount riding the trails as well. I will most likely be riding Sat and Sun but the time is of these rides has not been decided upon by my buddy and me yet.

i want spring!

Tko!

OH YEA I DID IT!

TKO!

I was hoping that it would happen, with what I love to do (well not really). But I dislocated my knee again. I'm ashamed of what I was doing, but it's done. And of course, just in time for when my new ride will be coming. I'll see you all in a couple of months (hopefully sooner than that).

take care,
    DB

mtbr member
    Aug 2004

5 of us for Trail Maintenance at Core Creek

OK, there are now 5 riders that are intersted in doing TM at Core Creek. None of us have every done TM, but we all ride there and want to chip in. Can anybody with some experience organize an outing? We'd love to help. By the way, some of us are handy with tools for building and/or gardening work!

mtbr member

Coordinating Dates---

OK, there are now 5 riders that are intersted in doing TM at Core Creek. None of us have every done TM, but we all ride there and want to chip in. Can anybody with some experience organize an outing? We'd love to help. By the way, some of us are handy with tools for building and/or gardening work!

This is good. I don't mind working out details with this and I'm sure mclark2112 wouldn't mind either. The last few weeks I have been busy with a lot of other stuff to such degree that I couldn't get a workable date for TM. This Wed or Thurs I will be checking in on the park service and the rangers to lay some ground work.

Tentatively speaking, I wonder how October 15, 2005 is looking?

mtbr member
    Aug 2004

Checking our schedules for the 15th....

Some of our group might be traveling that weekend, but I'm looking into it. Will get back to you.

This is good. I don't mind working out details with this and I'm sure mclark2112 wouldn't mind either. The last few weeks I have been busy with a lot of other stuff to such degree that I couldn't get a workable date for TM. This Wed or Thurs I will be checking in on the park service and the rangers to lay some ground work.

mtbr member
    Aug 2004

October 15th

At least 2 out of 5 of our group is traveling that day. Some of us can probably make it. Shoot for another date?

mtbr member

Tentative anyway

True, it becomes difficult to arrange (I have to check w/ my wife too). Trouble is it keeps getting later & later in the season. Lets see input from other users. I get some time off during the week too, so if anyone is available....

Another thought: we could do different dates as users are available. sbermhb, I wouldn't mind riding with you sometime so we could help each other identify problems in the park. Hearing from others is important too.

At least 2 out of 5 of our group is traveling that day. Some of us can probably make it. Shoot for another date?
    Last edited by trekmike; 10-03-2005 at 12:55 PM.

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    I generally work on Sat, but would take a day off for this. Sunday afternoons are best for me. 16th? But I will coform to whatever is chosen.

mtbr member
    Aug 2004

October 16th

That might work better for our group. I'm looking into it and will get back to you!

I generally work on Sat, but would take a day off for this. Sunday afternoons are best for me. 16th? But I will coform to whatever is chosen.

mtbr member
    Aug 2004

Core Creek TM Sunday Oct 16?

Hey guys,

Can we get this together? There are at least two of us, and possibly as many as 5, available to do TM at Core Creek on October 16. Can anyone organize and give guidance on what needs and can be done? We can bring shovels, pruning shears, trash bags, can get some wood.....may even be able to bring a hedge trimmer. Let us know.

mtbr member

Sunday has promise

I will be in contact with the park office tomorrow. I'll send another post here as soon as I know something.

Thanks for your input and interest in keeping the idea rolling!

Hey guys,

Can we get this together? There are at least two of us, and possibly as many as 5, available to do TM at Core Creek on October 16. Can anyone organize and give guidance on what needs and can be done? We can bring shovels, pruning shears, trash bags, can get some wood.....may even be able to bring a hedge trimmer. Let us know.

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    My buddy and me could probably give a hand on Sunday 16th or sat. we will be riding tomorrwo thursday around 4:30pm so if anyone goes once again i am the big guy on the trance 2.

mtbr member

1630 Hrs

WormAQ, I am aiming for 4:30 @ Duchess Lane for a ride on Thursday. Is this where you get started?

My buddy and me could probably give a hand on Sunday 16th or sat. we will be riding tomorrwo thursday around 4:30pm so if anyone goes once again i am the big guy on the trance 2.

mtbr member

Where is the bolt?

Chriffer, did you get a bolt for your crank? What's happening?

It looks like I may have a hard time riding today WormAQ. I had a crank fall off while riding with trekmike which made things interesting. I managed to lose the bolt that attaches it so I probably will have to hunt around for one for a little while. With only 45 minutes left before you plan on heading out I don't think I will be able to wrangle up a bolt some loctite and put everything back together in time. I may check out the Neshaminy HS trail this weekend if I have something with 2 wheels I can roll around on.

mtbr member
    Aug 2004

Core Creek TM Sunday Oct 16?

OK, after 2pm on Sunday, we have 4 people confirmed, with 2 more considering it. We also have a few little kids that can chip in.

Mike and Matt, if we are going to pull this off, can you coordinate what we will need to bring? Thanks guys.

I will be in contact with the park office tomorrow. I'll send another post here as soon as I know something.

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    Would you guys like to meet at Endurance sports on the Wed. Night the 12th, I work there, we could meet and figure out our game plan. I'm there from 5:30 on on. Maybe 7ish?

mtbr member

Done Deal!

I just got back from a meeting with the Park Director & the Chief of Park Rangers. They have given us permission to conduct volunteer work in the park for trail maintenance. Since they are at the end of their budget year they do not have many supplies to provide to us, but has authorized use of the dumpsters as needed.

They have only a few concerns that shouldn't be a problem for us. First, they do not want us using power equipment in the park. This presents a problem with the operating engineers that represent the county maintenance workers. Weed whackers are ok, with discretion (preserve single track). Second, they want to keep the park as natural as possible, so we should think and talk before we make any changes. Anything of a significant nature should be brought to their attention before we act. Third, they do not want man made jumps constructed in the park. Other structures have been destroyed by the maintenance department due to liability reasons. And fourth, we are allowed to cut, kill or uproot as much thorn shrubs we can get our hands on. They are an invasive species and out of control! Here is the evil invader, the bane of the mountain bike tire, the Multi-flora rose...

https://cropsoil.psu.edu/extension/facts/agfact46.pdf

Matt's suggestion of a meeting is a good idea with a convenient venue.

suggested tools for volunteers would include: round point shovels, narrow leaf rake for single track, thorn proof gloves, pick/adze, prune shears, lopers, wheelbarrow to move large objects, garden bags, bow saws & water...

More to come!

Thanks guys!

Last edited by trekmike; 10-06-2005 at 10:29 AM. Reason: Add image of invasive plant

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    I am going to talk to the store owner and see if she will donate anything to the cause, maybe some coupons or swag for all of us or something...

mtbr member

Another Redux...

For review.......

[/u]

Some others have expressed an interest too, but not enough to make a good day of things. Before we set up a date I would like to see more input here on MTBR in terms of volunteers, and particular work projects in the park that need attention. Obviously, we are interested in mountain biking, but we should keep in mind that the trails are multi-use. So if any maintenance or improvements we work on are friendly to hikers & fishermen too, then we should be well received by the park service.
    <O</O

<O</O
    1. Six foot hill near swampy flat developing a well-defined "V" ditch from water run-off during heavy rains and snow melt, and skidding bike tires (not a good thing).
    5. Bee's nest.
    <O</O

<O</O

mtbr member

Work Redux, for review.........

Just bringing the list to the top of the posts again for everyone to see or add.

Like I said, there are 4 of us, so if you can arrange a Saturday or Sunday, let us know.

I agree with your list....definitely the bees nest...Allison got stung there a few weeks ago!

A couple of others:

1) After entering the woods from Neshaminy Maple Point, the first big dip with the rocks and mud has gotten pretty ugly.

2) The slanted log pile behind Neshaminy Maple Point, just before you enter the corn field

3) After you cross Woodbourne, and bear to the left, at one point there is a dipsy doo, with a big, ugly rut to the right, and a big exposed root to the left. Can't describe exactly where it is, but it scares a bunch of riders

Hope to be able to get together and do some work there!

mtbr member
    Aug 2004

Core Creek TM

Alright, now it sounds like we're getting somewhere.

Most of my group will be travelling until Saturday next week. Also, Wednesday & Thursday nights are a Jewish holiday, so I won't be able to make it (Yep, a jewish mountain biker....there's a couple of us!). Tuesday night around 7pm would work for me for a strategy meeting. Alternatively, just tell us where and when to meet on Sunday and what to bring.

I am going to talk to the store owner and see if she will donate anything to the cause, maybe some coupons or swag for all of us or something...

mtbr member

It has been in the works for a while

This has been developing for some time. Everyones involvement is important!

Alright, now it sounds like we're getting somewhere.

Most of my group will be travelling until Saturday next week. Also, Wednesday night is a Jewish holiday, so I won't be able to make it (Yep, a jewish mountain biker....there's a couple of us!). Tuesday or Thursday nights around 7pm would work for me for a strategy meeting. Alternatively, just tell us where and when to meet on Sunday and what to bring.

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Yes i start at deuches lane or however you spell it and i will be there in 30 min.

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    I could do Tues night at the shop. At 7:00 if it works better.

mtbr member
    May 2005
    ive been to core creek park a few times but i dont really know my way around.i usually go to neshamint as its the only other place i know in the area(im new to lower bucks)im interested in helping out and plan on exploring the trails there next weekend.i would do it this week but the rain isnt letting up.i have tools and trash bags so just let me know when and where you guys will be.
    i usually enter over by the ranger station.
    im the guy thet looks dazed and cornfused on the blue rocky mountain.
    let me know
    i will check here daily

mtbr member
    Aug 2004

Tuesday at 7pm

That should work for me. I'll be the rep for our group, as the rest won't be able to make it.

I could do Tues night at the shop. At 7:00 if it works better.

mtbr member

Sunday October 16, 2005

Jeff,
    Thanks for getting involved. It appears there will be a meeting @ Endurance Sports on Tuesday, set up by mclark2112. The work day has been set for 10-16-05. Right now we need to discuss certain problems that need work and develop work teams to handle it. Most work should be relatively easy at this point, except an erosion problem in one area previously discussed. Have a look at all prior posts and you will find two lists you can review. Too bad it will rain all week which may make for a muddy mess come Sunday. My thoughts are that we should be prepared to show up rain or shine and get something done because setting up agreeable dates for everyone is difficult.

There will be more posts here this week.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffry1970
    ive been to core creek park a few times but i dont really know my way around.i usually go to neshamint as its the only other place i know in the area(im new to lower bucks)im interested in helping out and plan on exploring the trails there next weekend.i would do it this week but the rain isnt letting up.i have tools and trash bags so just let me know when and where you guys will be.
    i usually enter over by the ranger station.
    im the guy thet looks dazed and cornfused on the blue rocky mountain.
    let me know
    i will check here daily

mtbr member
    May 2005
    where is endurance sports?also what tools and supplies should i bring?

mtbr member

Meeting

Endurance Sports is located @ Oxford Oaks Shopping Center, Oxford Valley & Big Oak Rd next to Kohl's Departments Store.

Check previous posts for tool suggestions...

Quote Originally Posted by jeffry1970
    where is endurance sports?also what tools and supplies should i bring?

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    I'm thinking that we will be able to fix the erosion issue on sunday, do some pruning in the high grass areas, glass cleanup, and some bridge maintenance.

What I would like to plan is a permanent solution to the "pallets in th mud" issue. This will require $$ and skill. I think I have a pretty good idea of what we can do, I just need to draw up the plans and have them approved by the rangers. We can discuss that Tues.

mtbr member
    Aug 2004

Core Creek TM

I have a rechargable circular saw, reciprocal saw and drill that we can use to build bridges with. We might be able to get a local lumber place (84 Lumber?) to donate some wood, nails and screws. I would bet that most people also have some spare lumber in their garages or basements that we could round up.

I'm thinking that we will be able to fix the erosion issue on sunday, do some pruning in the high grass areas, glass cleanup, and some bridge maintenance.

What I would like to plan is a permanent solution to the "pallets in th mud" issue. This will require $$ and skill. I think I have a pretty good idea of what we can do, I just need to draw up the plans and have them approved by the rangers. We can discuss that Tues.

mtbr member

Erosion Fix

For those interested in the erosion @ the V ditch hill, here are some considerations. The actual application may be somewhat different. Again, we must be careful not to make things worse. Have a look:

https://www.foothill.net/fta/

Install and Maintain Water Bars

Water bars divert water off a trail at controlled points along the trail. They can be incorporated in the original construction of a trail, or they can be installed later as a maintenance measure. Done well, a series of water bars can effectively eliminate erosion and stabilize a trail for years. Done poorly, water bars can accentuate trail erosion and become dangerous tripping hazards.

The most permanent water bars are made from native rock obtained on-site. When rock of a suitable size is not available, water bars can be made from 4 x 6 redwood timber, or native logs. Peeler logs or other landscaping products should not be used because their appearance is foreign to a natural environment. Bicyclists prefer a new product made of black rubber that diverts water, but is flexible enough to allow cyclists to easily cross. However, this too, may be inappropriate for a natural environment.

There are many options about the proper installation of water bars. Three trail handbooks will promote three different approaches. Well, here is one more. The elements of a properly installed water bar are:
    1. Set the water bar at a 60 degree angle across the trail. A water bar set perpendicular (90 degrees) across the trail will not divert the water off. A water bar set 30 degrees across the trail can be awkward to hike or ride over.
    2. Extend the water bar such that water is carried completely off the trail to a steep side slope. Otherwise, the water flow will bypass the water bar and erosion will occur.
    3. Provide rock at the downslope end of the water bar to dissipate the energy of the flowing water, thereby minimizing erosion.
    4. The top of the water bar should be nearly flush with the trail tread to minimize tripping hazards. On first consideration, it may not make sense to make the top of the bar flush with the tread because there would be nothing to "catch" and divert the water. However, we are not concerned about diverting all water flowing down a trail, only that amount of water than causes erosion. With the bar flush, its effectiveness only kicks in when there is enough water to erode away a lip on the uphill side of the water bar, which then allows the bar to divert the water flow.
    5. The boulders used for rock water bars must be huge, otherwise, they will be kicked out of place by a horse. The rocks should overlap like shingles on a roof to prevent water from flowing between rocks and eroding away the integrity of the water bar. In addition, long boulders with one flat side work best to prevent tripping hazards.
    Water bars need regular maintenance. The excess soil and debris that build up at the downslope end of the water bar needs to be periodically graded out to assure that water flows off the trail. Without regular unplugging, a water bar is useless.

<CENTER></CENTER>

Maintaining Drainage Dips

A drainage dip is built into the original trail alignment and is a change in gradient (a "dip" in the trail) that dissipates and diverts water flow (it's like a built-in water bar). Like a water bar, it only remains an effective means of erosion prevention as long as regular maintenance keeps it unplugged.

Last edited by trekmike; 10-10-2005 at 02:26 PM. Reason: including source material

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    I will be riding again on weds at 4:30 and i will try to make it to endurance sports on tuesday. i am doing the covered bridge tour on sunday so i wont be able to help this weekend till after the ride. i will be there in the afternoon. good ride mike by the way you cept me on my toes.

mtbr member
    I agree, good ride. Haven't been out since.

I will be riding again on weds at 4:30 and i will try to make it to endurance sports on tuesday. i am doing the covered bridge tour on sunday so i wont be able to help this weekend till after the ride. i will be there in the afternoon. good ride mike by the way you cept me on my toes.

mtbr member
    Aug 2004

A reply from Jersey Action Riders on water bars....

See if this makes sense to you.......

Steve:

The folks that did the work at Gloucester are the No Cents MTB team. Those techniques you see using unnatural materials and logs to form water bars are old school methods of controlling water erosion. I believe they used old conveyor belts sandwiched between two pieces of lumber several years ago Its not method that is recommended.

A better technique to use is called a rolling grade dip built our of the earth of the trail itself.
    A good contour trail is slightly outsloped or canted out which allows water to sheet across the trail, without impeding the natural flow of water. Keeping water from running down the trail tread is crucial. Over time and heavy use outsloping can be lost, which means the trail is in need of maintenance.

The best trails have subtle grade reversals or grade dips which act like a backup system to outsloping. These grade dips prevent water from running down the tread, which would otherwise wash away loosened soils. Grade dips also give users a break or a rest in climbing or descending. Grade dips that utilize natural undulations in the land are the best, because they mimic nature.

Many contour trails lack enough grade dips to impede the flow of water and so structures are built into the trail afterwards to relieve the situation. Drainage structures such as rock water bars, wooden check dams, or ditches have traditionally been tried. However, these structures have many faults: a) they require constant maintenance b) they clog up with sediment quickly c) strong water events wash right over the top d) users can't negotiate them so they go around, thus widening the tread. It's true that something is better than nothing to keep water from ruining a trail, but if its not doing its job and its forcing users off the trail, there must be a better way. Our secret weapon is the "Rolling Grade Dip" or "RGD", which is a device that imitates the qualities of a natural grade dip.

Typical drainage dips are deep, short and abrupt which clog and force users off the tread. RGDs are long, subtle and nearly invisible, keeping water off the trail and users on. RGDs are sometimes described like an open-ended spoon with the handle being the ramp. The dip itself should be enough to invite water off the trail, because of its exaggerated outslope (10to 20%). The dip is kind of like taking a nick or a chip out of the tread and should be longer than a bike (about nine feet). The excavated soils from the dip can be used for a backup ramp that fortifies the dip. This ramp is long, 10-20 feet from tip to tail (depending on the steepness of the tread) and outsloped like normal tread (5%). The total length of an RGD, from the start of the dip all the way to the tail of the ramp varies widely depending on steepness of the trail tread, but most are somewhere between 15-30 long.

Placement of RGDs are crucial. Look for a natural roll or change in trail grade that can be exaggerated. Keep water diversions out of turns and corners. Instead, put them in the straight-aways above turns. On steep hills several RGDs may be needed and most true fall-line trails may have to be rerouted if water is a constant problem. Certain soil types like decomposed granite (DG) or sand don't bond well and may need an outside substance like clay to improve its integrity. Every place is a little different and sometimes experimenting with many ideas will uncover an answer.

[NOTE FROM STEVE: I HAVE PICTURES OF THESE STEPS THAT I COULD NOT ATTACH, BUT CAN SEND TO YOU]

#1 LAYOUT AND OPENING DRAIN: Before hacking away at a perfectly good tread, spend a little time choosing the best place for the RGD. Look for slight rolls in the trail that can be enhanced by an RGD. Choose straight sections of trail. Never put water diversion structures in a turn. Water diversions can be placed a bit before or after turns as long as they don't change the flow of the corner. Make sure there are no trees or natural objects that block the drain. Remove organic material (leaves, sticks, dark soil) from the drain. The drain should be wide (8to12ft) allowing water to sheet not channel. This will also keep the drain from clogging and it will look more natural in time.

#2 EXCAVATE DRAIN: Soil excavated from the drain can be flung downhill to form the ramp. Compaction must be done in layers as soil lands on tread and soil should be moist.

#3 SHAPING: The outer or lower edge of the tread inside the dip can be shaped. Think about shaving the tread a bit at a time. Don't hack into it, because if a hole is created it cannot be filled. Fling the excavated soil down the trail onto the ramp and compact. Working in teams of two or three is perfect.

#4 COMPACTION: The ramp will start to form and should be 10-20 feet long from tip to tail and very subtle which will ensure its sustainability. The soil must be moist to ensure the layers bond. Sometimes water has to be brought in for the compaction process.

#5 FLING: The further excavated soils are flung down onto the ramp, the more natural its shape will be. The ramp isn't an abrupt berm; it should mimic a natural roll.

#6 FINISH: The dip is shaped like a spoon and is outsloped 10 to 20% with an open-ended drain. The ramp is long and subtle with a normal outslope of 5%. The total length of the structure is 15-30 feet and it's almost invisible! Water is invited off the trail naturally and is not forced off. Users cannot tell it's a water diversion structure, so they stay on the trail instead of riding off trail to avoid an obstacle.

Hope this helps. If you have any questions, let me know.

Thx - Jay

mtbr member
    Aug 2004

Core Creek TM

I stopped at 84 Lumber and got some pieces of pressure treated 2x4's. They were imperfect pieces, where one side had fairly significant defects, but the other side is perfect. I cut the 2x4's into 24" lengths. I have about 24 pieces, which should be sufficient to surface 8 or 9 feet of bridges! I will try to get some more from Home Depot. Bring those nails and rebar. See you Sunday!

Hoopy Frood

Rolling Grade Dips

You can read that text with pictures straight from the source:

http://www.imba.com/resources/trail_...adedips_2.html

and some more info and diagrams at:

http://www.imba.com/resources/trail_...gradedips.html

HTH.

- khill
    I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it. - Thomas Jefferson

mtbr member

October 16, 2005 1400 hrs (2:00 pm)

For all those interested, including those that could not make the meeting @ Endurance, TM will begin at 1400 hrs; meeting at the Duchess Lane parking area. There is a small group committed so far, so come prepared with your favorite tools, supplies and water. Any questions??

See you there!

For review.......
    Last edited by trekmike; 10-15-2005 at 09:51 AM.

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    Good work guys! This is one bridge we built, we were able to repair others and, hopefully, fixed the drainage issue on the little hill... Much was accomplished, and hopefully this will lead to much more in the future!!

I'll remember the beer next time
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Thanks to everyone involved! mclark2112 (handy camera you have there), sbermhb (and your small crew), chriffer, great teamwork! It appears we may have made some other contacts while out in the woods. Hopefully, they will climb on board also.

If anyone sees problems with the recent repairs, please let us know the nature of the problem so we can make adjustments. Especially the drainage problem on the six-foot hill; it will be interesting to see how the changes actually work on this one.

And for those that couldn't make the day:

Worm AQ, we will catch you next time! D' Bert, maybe when your knee gets better! And Jeffry1970, we were looking for you!

Good work guys! This is one bridge we built, we were able to repair others and, hopefully, fixed the drainage issue on the little hill... Much was accomplished, and hopefully this will lead to much more in the future!!

i want spring!

Bridge

Nice Looking Bridge!

Hey, who's in the picture?

–db

mtbr member
    Aug 2004

Bridge Picture

From left to right, Chriffer, Sbermhb, TrekMike and Mclark2112.

I've still got a ton of wood leftover and want to get out there again. I was thinking that we could build a nice board walk over the mud at the bottom of the 6' hill that was fixed yesterday. Anybody available this Saturday morning?

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Bert
    Nice Looking Bridge!

Hey, who's in the picture?

–db

i want spring!

Slippery Boardwalk

I've still got a ton of wood leftover and want to get out there again. I was thinking that we could build a nice board walk over the mud at the bottom of the 6' hill that was fixed yesterday. Anybody available this Saturday morning?

I know $$ is tight to none but getting better traction on them bridges and boadwalks are very important. When they aret coated from wet, muddy bike tracks, them boadwalks and bridges will be as slippery as ice.

I was checking the IMBA site, they suggest...
    if additional traction is required, add durable, predictable and aesthetically appropriate texture to the wooden surface. Some of the better methods include using wood with natural texture such as rough-sawn or hand split timbers, adding texture to wood by scoring with a saw, covering the riding line with anti-slip paint designed for exterior or marine use, or attaching diamond mesh lath (made from galvanized steel and used for stucco application). Chicken wire and roofing materials typically aren't durable.
    The approach to the bridge should be on dry and stable ground to help prevent water and mud from being carried onto the wood, which can cause deterioration and a slippery surface.

You can find this right here, under "construction techniques"... http://www.imba.com/resources/trail_...uidelines.html

I'm sure you have all be overloaded with advice from many people but I think making these surface not slippery is as important. Who wants people slidding and falling off the bridges into a marshes and puddles. It could turn into more of a hazard.

Anyway, what you are doing is great! Wish I could be more help than this.

– D Bert

mtbr member

Valid point to make!

Good point D' Bert. Maybe we should groove the treads next time we are out. At least the approach to this one is straight & level (mostly).

When is that patella of yours going to settle down & stay put??? We need a good group ride!

I know $$ is tight to none but getting better traction on them bridges and boadwalks are very important. When they aret coated from wet, muddy bike tracks, them boadwalks and bridges will be as slippery as ice.

I was checking the IMBA site, they suggest...
    if additional traction is required, add durable, predictable and aesthetically appropriate texture to the wooden surface. Some of the better methods include using wood with natural texture such as rough-sawn or hand split timbers, adding texture to wood by scoring with a saw, covering the riding line with anti-slip paint designed for exterior or marine use, or attaching diamond mesh lath (made from galvanized steel and used for stucco application). Chicken wire and roofing materials typically aren't durable.
    The approach to the bridge should be on dry and stable ground to help prevent water and mud from being carried onto the wood, which can cause deterioration and a slippery surface.

You can find this right here, under "construction techniques"... http://www.imba.com/resources/trail_...uidelines.html

I'm sure you have all be overloaded with advice from many people but I think making these surface not slippery is as important. Who wants people slidding and falling off the bridges into a marshes and puddles. It could turn into more of a hazard.

Anyway, what you are doing is great! Wish I could be more help than this.

– D Bert

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    I cant wait to see the work you guys did. I will be riding all this week around 4:30 as usual. I apologize for not lending a hand but I was riding the covered bridge tour and when I got done I was spent. My legs are still hurting today. If anyone cares to join me and my friend we will be at Deutches lane or however you spell it.

mtbr member

Get it right!

It is "Duchess" you whacker!

I cant wait to see the work you guys did. I will be riding all this week around 4:30 as usual. I apologize for not lending a hand but I was riding the covered bridge tour and when I got done I was spent. My legs are still hurting today. If anyone cares to join me and my friend we will be at Deutches lane or however you spell it.

mtbr member
    hey guys,

just started getting out on my bike again after 3 years of only riding my dirtbike and would like to come out to help maintain the trails at CC. i have riden there a few times and think it has some real fun trails. i have lots of tools, tons of know-how and some 2x4s in the back yard that are no use to me. just need to get my legs and lungs back and i am good to go. guess i will keep and eye out for updates on this tread unless someone pm's me. i can usually ride most afternons if i am not working that night. i plan on riding either tomorrow (18th) or wed the 19th. i live in fairless hills near the water tower on old lincoln hwy.
    Reign Skate

mtbr member

Outa town

Great idea, but I will be out of town on Saturday. I would like to get a ride in sometime this week though. Maybe in the afternoon or early morning. Group ride would be nice.

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Trails look great guys. You made some awesome improvements. I will be going again Thursday around 5pm if anyone is interested.

mtbr member

Trails are looking good!

Worm,

Good ride yesterday, but cannot make it today Thursday. I should be out there on Friday and Sunday afternoon. My internet line will be out of srvice for about a week, so I cannot check in on the Forums.

See you all later...........

Trails look great guys. You made some awesome improvements. I will be going again Thursday around 5pm if anyone is interested.

mtbr member
    Aug 2004

Riding at Core Creek

Hey guys...

Has anyone ridden the newly worked trails and bridges? How were they? Did the water bars help with the rain this week?

I'm thinking about squeezing in a ride this Saturday morning....it will have to be early...probably around 8am until about 10. Anybody available to ride then? Let me know!

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    I went out late yesterday, everything is holding up great, and the runoff looked real good.

mtbr member

Was there any evidence? Park Service Meeting...

I was busy all weekend so I couldn't get out there to look at things. Was there any evidence that the runoff on the six foot hill was working, or did it just look the same as we left it? Could you actually see where the water ran with the modifications we made?

On a related matter:

I met with Marianne Dubresson, the Recreation Supervisor of Lower Bucks County Parks today. She is a mild mannered, very polite young lady interested in the preservation of multiuse trails, particualrly @ Core Creek. She expressed her thanks for our interest in Core Creek and plans to tour the trails to look at what we have done. She will communicate directly with the Director about problems, concerns and whether we need to change anything that we have done that does not seem to work as planned (erosion problems & structures).

Once again, as stated before, we need to check in with the Park Service before we build anything or make significant changes for their approval. It was a nice meeting. She will check in with me in a few weeks.

I went out late yesterday, everything is holding up great, and the runoff looked real good.

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    The runoff looked solid. I think it will work. Nothing eroded atall, and you can see the flow of the water down the tree. I'm gonna venture in early tomorrow in the rain to see it in action.

mtbr member

In the rain

mclark2112, I too checked it out in the rain and was generally pleased. I think there is some surface area that could be scraped some more to facilitate the sheeting action needed to get most of the water to move toward the small tree on the side, and then into the lake. It shouldn't take much. I walked for about an hour and found that there are plenty of other single track areas that are also gathering water and channelling it downhill, but not yet as severe as the six footer. Some other time perhaps?

sbermhb, your projects are holding up well in the rain with no wash-out.

Chriffer, do you remember the missing ladder bridge at the small stream? The one you found was actually a different one. The one that was missing ended up about 50 yards downstream in the water. After wahsing away it was held up by a log dam in the stream. I recovered it and brought it back to the original site. It just needs to be placed better this time!

The runoff looked solid. I think it will work. Nothing eroded at all, and you can see the flow of the water down the tree. I'm gonna venture in early tomorrow in the rain to see it in action.

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    I rode for a little over an hour yesterday, and spotted a few things that need some attention. As you mentioned, the end of the water bar where the water should sheet off isn't as good as it could be. Back on the loop that is past that new bridge that was added there is a pallet section which is just falling apart. To me that is the worst spot other than the mud at the bottom of the 6 foot hill. After passing those pallets, there is a log pile over a big downed tree that was disassembled and now back. We should keep an eye on that. There is one section in between some trees where there is a lot of erosion and roots and there may not be much of a trail to ride soon. That I will have point out because it is hard to describe. The other loop could use some raking at some point, but that may be a futile effort right now.

mtbr member

Just above the old pallets-

wormAQ and I set up the log pile just above the old pallet section you want to replace. We had to arrange the additional logs to create a cleaner line to take without finishing it off with an endo. It worked well while wormAQ and his friend Ed were out there. I didn't get that far today on my walk.

I may be able to get some replacement pallets for those trashy ones. Do you really think we really need them there at all??

I rode for a little over an hour yesterday, and spotted a few things that need some attention. As you mentioned, the end of the water bar where the water should sheet off isn't as good as it could be. Back on the loop that is past that new bridge that was added there is a pallet section which is just falling apart. To me that is the worst spot other than the mud at the bottom of the 6 foot hill. After passing those pallets, there is a log pile over a big downed tree that was disassembled and now back. We should keep an eye on that. There is one section in between some trees where there is a lot of erosion and roots and there may not be much of a trail to ride soon. That I will have point out because it is hard to describe. The other loop could use some raking at some point, but that may be a futile effort right now.
    Last edited by trekmike; 10-25-2005 at 01:55 PM.

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    I was thinking of a boardwalk in place of those pallets, all we would need is 10 8' 2x4s and 100 feet of planking, the rest is readily available in the nearby woods. I have a plan ready to go, can have it done in a couple of hours. We can raise that whole section about 12 inces off the ground.

When did that tree fall?

mtbr member
    Aug 2004

Boardwalk

If we can get a letter from the Core Creek Park office, we can probably get 84 Lumber to donate the lumber....it would take them 2 or 3 days to process it. Also, we can hit up Lowe's again. Finally, I can go back to Home Depot and make them feel guilty that Lowe's contributed and they didn't. Let me know when you want to build!

I was thinking of a boardwalk in place of those pallets, all we would need is 10 8' 2x4s and 100 feet of planking, the rest is readily available in the nearby woods. I have a plan ready to go, can have it done in a couple of hours. We can raise that whole section about 12 inces off the ground.

When did that tree fall?

mtbr member

Park Service cooperation

I am confident that the Park Service will be able to get a letter for us, but it will be several weeks since Marianne will be unavailable for surgery. She needs to get any new ideas approved by the big boss too, especially raised boardwalks of a permenant nature. I don't think any of this will necessarly be a problem, it will take a little time. As a matter of reference, I mentioned to Marianne that the Five Mile Woods in Lower Makefield has raised boardwalks through wetland areas. From what I recall they were nicely done. If anyone is interested, take a walk in the Five Mile Woods on Big Oak Rd near the Oxford Oaks Shopping Center to see what they did and the kind of wood they used.

That tree fell sometime in the last two weeks. It is doable though. Do you guys think we need raised boards in the area Chriffer referred to (near the newest fallen tree). I wonder whether it is consistently wet in that area justifying the work. I didn't get that far yesterday in the rain to look at it.

Marianne Dubresson said she will be in contact with me as soon as she is back to work.

sbermhb, what are you, a logistics expert or what? Sounds like you got the supply chain all figured out! Nice.

If we can get a letter from the Core Creek Park office, we can probably get 84 Lumber to donate the lumber....it would take them 2 or 3 days to process it. Also, we can hit up Lowe's again. Finally, I can go back to Home Depot and make them feel guilty that Lowe's contributed and they didn't. Let me know when you want to build!

mtbr member
    Aug 2004

Logistics Expertise...

Several years ago, I joined the planning committee for an American Cancer Society Relay for Life. I was appalled at the committee's fund raising efforts, so I went out to get local companies to make in-kind contributions, and had a lot of success...including a very nice contribution of lumber and hardware from 84. I was realized, that despite what many people want to believe, most companies want to do positive things for the community and will contribute goods and services. Occasionally, you will run into a small minded thinker, such as the lumber manager at Home Depot, who was more concerned about meeting that month's scrap wood sales quota....but they are few and far between. So, I think we can get just about all the wood and nails we need to build what ever bridges and boardwalks we want. Ideally, I would love to replace all of the pallets and scrap wood bridges and boardwalks, with some nicely constructed ones...similar to what they have at 5 Mile Woods or Clayton (in NJ). That's a big project, but something to shoot for.

TrekMike....any chance you can get a letter from the Park office sooner, rather than later? We can get building before it starts freeizing over. Also, don't forget: I still have some lumber left....enough to build a nice bridge or boardwalk.

Can anybody ride this Saturday morning around 8am?

I am confident that the Park Service will be able to get a letter for us, but it will be several weeks since Marianne will be unavailable for surgery. She needs to get any new ideas approved by the big boss too, especially raised boardwalks of a permenant nature. I don't think any of this will necessarly be a problem, it will take a little time. As a matter of reference, I mentioned to Marianne that the Five Mile Woods in Lower Makefield has raised boardwalks through wetland areas. From what I recall they were nicely done. If anyone is interested, take a walk in the Five Mile Woods on Big Oak Rd near the Oxford Oaks Shopping Center to see what they did and the kind of wood they used.

That tree fell sometime in the last two weeks. It is doable though. Do you guys think we need raised boards in the area Chriffer referred to (near the newest fallen tree). I wonder whether it is consistently wet in that area justifying the work. I didn't get that far yesterday in the rain to look at it.

Marianne Dubresson said she will be in contact with me as soon as she is back to work.

sbermhb, what are you, a logistics expert or what? Sounds like you got the supply chain all figured out! Nice.

mtbr member
    Aug 2004

Riding Saturday?

Weather forecast is for 53 and sunny. Friday is supposed to be sunny and dry also.

I'm thinking about starting at 8am behind the Maple Point Middle School. Anyone up for joining me?

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    I will be riding with my posse of kids on Sun Afternoon around 2:00pm, can't do Sat though..

mtbr member
    Aug 2004

Too bad...

I'll also be riding at around 11:30 on Saturday with my daughter, a friend of mine and his son....

I will be riding with my posse of kids on Sun Afternoon around 2:00pm, can't do Sat though..

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    I'll be at Endurance....

mtbr member

things take time

As anxious as we are to get things done, there is no big hurry for this. We cannot build anything like raised boardwalks without their approval. They will want to see some plans, and probably discuss materials & workmanship. I am hoping to get some help from them in terms of power equipment like post hole diggers for singking posts. I'm not sure the raised boards will get done very soon because of the requirements of the service. I don't blame them for being careful and wanting to know the deal before they give the nod. Don't worry though, I will work on it!

Several years ago, I joined the planning committee for an American Cancer Society Relay for Life. I was appalled at the committee's fund raising efforts, so I went out to get local companies to make in-kind contributions, and had a lot of success...including a very nice contribution of lumber and hardware from 84. I was realized, that despite what many people want to believe, most companies want to do positive things for the community and will contribute goods and services. Occasionally, you will run into a small minded thinker, such as the lumber manager at Home Depot, who was more concerned about meeting that month's scrap wood sales quota....but they are few and far between. So, I think we can get just about all the wood and nails we need to build what ever bridges and boardwalks we want. Ideally, I would love to replace all of the pallets and scrap wood bridges and boardwalks, with some nicely constructed ones...similar to what they have at 5 Mile Woods or Clayton (in NJ). That's a big project, but something to shoot for.

TrekMike....any chance you can get a letter from the Park office sooner, rather than later? We can get building before it starts freeizing over. Also, don't forget: I still have some lumber left....enough to build a nice bridge or boardwalk.

Can anybody ride this Saturday morning around 8am?

mtbr member

weekend rides

Well, lets see... Saturday may work and Sunday afternoon might too! Anyone want to add Friday afternoon to the list?

Weather forecast is for 53 and sunny. Friday is supposed to be sunny and dry also.

I'm thinking about starting at 8am behind the Maple Point Middle School. Anyone up for joining me?
    Last edited by trekmike; 10-27-2005 at 02:01 PM. Reason: spelling

mtbr member
    Aug 2004

Saturday morning ride....

I'll be behind the middle school at 8am tomorrow for a couple of hour ride. Anyone else?

mtbr member

Sunday 1400 hours! (that's 2:00 pm)

I'm hearing that there will be about five guys @ Duchess Lane at 1400 hrs. See you there!

mtbr member
    trails were good today. only saw one guy(on a blur i think) on the trails and as we were leaving one guy going in(yellow jeep). might try and get out tomorrow, maybe. man i am out of shape!
    Reign Skate

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    I had blow off today for yard work... friends coming over next weekend.... Will try to get out this week some time. Is the runoff still working?

mtbr member

Small group was there

Between 1400-1415 hrs we had a small group of five in the parking area. Ran into many bikers on the trails. Probably passed you somewhere along the line!

This Wed or Thurs may be a good day. ??

Quote Originally Posted by thetoecutter
    trails were good today. only saw one guy(on a blur i think) on the trails and as we were leaving one guy going in(yellow jeep). might try and get out tomorrow, maybe. man i am out of shape!

mtbr member

Its been dry...

since I looked at it in the rain last week. Appears ok for now, but still needs the surface scraped. Everything else is looking good.

I had blow off today for yard work... friends coming over next weekend.... Will try to get out this week some time. Is the runoff still working?

mtbr member
    Aug 2004

The other side of Woodbourne...

I rode the trails on Saturday. The middle school side of the park definitely needs work. There's a lot of debris on the trail. The dip near the beginning is really muddy. The palet board walk is a mess. Finally, someone put a piece of particle board over that already skimpy bridge before you get to the cornfield. We should defnitely make that side of the road a priority for our next TM day.

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    I am planing on goin for a ride around 3:30 on weds and thurs if anyone is interested i will be at duthces lane.

mtbr member

Confusion about the correct thread to use

It appears there is some confusion about the correct thread to use for this group. Months ago there was a second thread added with the same title due to an internet problem (it was slow and the thread got entered twice). It was edited so users would not make their posts there, but rather, here on this one.

I asked mtbr to delete the incorrect thread to avoid any other problems. Hopefully, they will correct this for us.

Anyway... so we don't lose and opportunity; it looks like there is a ride on Friday!

Ride Hard or Die

<HR color=#b7b7b7 SIZE=1><!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->I will be riding on friday at 3:40 if anyone like to join me.

My buds can't make it this week.
    We ride monday wednsday friday at 3:40 pm every week.
    Female riders or wecolme to join us to .
    The more riders the better.
    Ride Hard or Die

<!-- / message -->
    Last edited by trekmike; 11-03-2005 at 09:26 AM.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005

... and if we just ... trekmike

Yes i'm one of the guys you meet on the trail.
    Well my buddys did show up and we had a nice ride.
    To bad you guys did not make it.
    The trails are cover with leafs but it still good riding .
    We hope to get together some time and ride with you guys.
    Talk to you some other time.
    Ride Hard or Die

mtbr member

Good to see you here.

Too bad I couldn't make it yesterday. I was to busy with things around the house. Keep it going here on MTBR, because we will most certainly hook up sometime!

Quote Originally Posted by ride hard or die
    Yes i'm one of the guys you meet on the trail.
    Well my buddys did show up and we had a nice ride.
    To bad you guys did not make it.
    The trails are cover with leafs but it still good riding .
    We hope to get together some time and ride with you guys.
    Talk to you some other time.
    Ride Hard or Die

mtbr member

Ride today 11-7-05 1540 Hrs.

I will aim to be at Duchess Lane around 1540 Hrs. this afternoon!

Maintenance Core Creek
    <HR color=#b7b7b7 SIZE=1><!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->Well i was out today and it was one of the best days.
    I just wish i had someone to ride with but that ok it still was great!
    I will be riding tomorrow at 3:40 if anyone like to join me.
    Hope to see you. RIDE HARD or DIE

<!-- / message -->

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    Assuming I'm reading this correctly I'll be there too. I was out yesterday and everything seemed nice.

I will aim to be at Duchess Lane around 1540 Hrs. this afternoon!

Maintenance Core Creek
    <HR color=#b7b7b7 SIZE=1><!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->Well i was out today and it was one of the best days.
    I just wish i had someone to ride with but that ok it still was great!
    I will be riding tomorrow at 3:40 if anyone like to join me.
    Hope to see you. RIDE HARD or DIE

<!-- / message -->

mtbr member
    Aug 2004

Good to run into you "CantKeeptheRubberDown"....

Like I said, Allison is always looking for local female riding mates....drop us a line.

What a weekend for riding,.....rode 4 times.....Washington Crossing/Baldpate, Core Creek twice and Wissahickon yesterday morning. Had a blast at Wissahickon.

Our TM work seems to be holding up well. I've heard some positive comments from people about our boardwalk patch ups and the new Bridge OVer the Rut Kwai.

Hoping to get ina ride late tomorrow afternoon.

Later.

mtbr member

You went where??

Hey! You went to the Wiss' and you didn't say anything to the rest of us? Thanks buddy!

Like I said, Allison is always looking for local female riding mates....drop us a line.

What a weekend for riding,.....rode 4 times.....Washington Crossing/Baldpate, Core Creek twice and Wissahickon yesterday morning. Had a blast at Wissahickon.

Our TM work seems to be holding up well. I've heard some positive comments from people about our boardwalk patch ups and the new Bridge OVer the Rut Kwai.

Later.

mtbr member

Riding hard

Hey "ride hard or die", keep riding hard! It was a good day!

And chriffer, you ride real fast, man!

Assuming I'm reading this correctly I'll be there too. I was out yesterday and everything seemed nice.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Thank's for coming out to ride with me .
    I'm going to try to make it out on friday.
    They say on wensday its going to rain.
    You and chriffer are great riders.
    Hope to do it again, thanks for the butt kicking lol.
    RIDE HARD or DIE

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    If you are going to be out today at Core Creek, I will show up. It's such a nice day it's hard not to ride. I am scared to think what will happen to the trails after even a tiny bit of rain like is expected soon. I'm not sure what time you have planned so if you could post something I should be able to make it then. Otherwise I will guess and head out randomly.

Later.

mtbr member
    Aug 2004

Sorry Trek...

A friend of a friend was our guide and asked us to limit the group size......nothing personal

Hey! You went to the Wiss' and you didn't say anything to the rest of us? Thanks buddy!

mtbr member

no big deal!

I understand completely. Just couldn't resist the shot!

You will have to fill us in on the details. It has been about a year since I have been there, but I have heard that the trails were in bad shape since the winter/spring rain & snow melt. Did anyone take a camera along??

See you soon sbermhb!

A friend of a friend was our guide and asked us to limit the group size......nothing personal

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    At least I can read the stories....I haven't been out at all in about two weeks. I'll be out Sunday Afternoon maybe 2ish, will know closer to the weekend. Can't wait to feel the burn.

mtbr member
    Aug 2004

Wissahickon

We didn't take the cameras along. The trails were actually in pretty good shape. The guy we rode with really knows the trails well. There were some pretty long, steep climbs....some pretty technical. Some fun downhill chutes. A lot of variety. Great fun.

I understand completely. Just couldn't resist the shot!

You will have to fill us in on the details. It has been about a year since I have been there, but I have heard that the trails were in bad shape since the winter/spring rain & snow melt. Did anyone take a camera along??

See you soon sbermhb!

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    I will be at the usual place Duchess lane around 3:30pm Thursday 11/10/05 so if anyone wants to ride i will see you. there

mtbr member

today

Me too.

Anyone else?

I will be at the usual place Duchess lane around 3:30pm Thursday 11/10/05 so if anyone wants to ride i will see you. there

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    I should be there assuming I can get there with all the wind.

Me too.

Anyone else?

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    I will not be able to make it to Neshaminy today, however if anyone is intereted in a ride there on Saturday after 12pm let me know I will be available. I am sorry but I have to go get fitted for a suit. I know it is last min but i have a function I have to attend early Saturday morning. Dont hate me.

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    That's fine with me. I caught your post as I was preparing. I still need to find myself some better gloves, so some more time wouldn't hurt. I can't think of anything important Saturday, so I should be ready whenever you are. Sunday I won't be around at all so I will being riding somewhere on Saturday for sure. I hope Mike isn't out there in the cold wondering where we are. I don't think it would be smart riding that myself when I have no clue where the trails are and the conditions are like this. Have fun with your functioning!

mtbr member

Idlewood

Yep, you got me!

I checked the web site earlier and didn't see anything but didn't check a second time before I left. So.... yes I was wondering where everyone went. I tried the trails, however, not being too familiar, I found it difficult with all the leaf cover over the rocks. I lost the trail in some places. It should be better when the leaves pack down some.

Saturday is a possibility. What time exactly??

wormaq, do you know the trail well enough with deep leaves & rocks?

That's fine with me. I caught your post as I was preparing. I still need to find myself some better gloves, so some more time wouldn't hurt. I can't think of anything important Saturday, so I should be ready whenever you are. Sunday I won't be around at all so I will being riding somewhere on Saturday for sure. I hope Mike isn't out there in the cold wondering where we are. I don't think it would be smart riding that myself when I have no clue where the trails are and the conditions are like this. Have fun with your functioning!
    Last edited by trekmike; 11-11-2005 at 02:58 PM.

mtbr member

Ok, you hammer heads!

What time are we doing this?

I will not be able to make it to Neshaminy today, however if anyone is intereted in a ride there on Saturday after 12pm let me know I will be available. I am sorry but I have to go get fitted for a suit. I know it is last min but i have a function I have to attend early Saturday morning. Dont hate me.

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    What time are we doing this?
    That's a good question. Did WormAQ mean 12am when he said PM? Did he go out there at midnight and wait for us? I am worried now. All my stuff is still ready from yesterday so I'll be watching and waiting to see when someone who knows where they are going decides to go out there. I'm not even sure if I could find my way to the trail.

mtbr member
    I am proposing 1530 hrs. 3:30 pm.

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    I am proposing 1530 hrs. 3:30 pm.
    I'll be there if you think you can find the trails. This may be the last nice weekend of the year, so I'm not going to pass up on anything today.

mtbr member
    OK. I will check back at 1500 again to see if wormaq has checked in.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005

Take Some Photos !

I went to the north carolina site.
    Man... if you see the photos of them riding!
    It will be nice to get a group together like they do and ride.
    I know i'm not the best rider but i'll still do my best .
    We need to take some photos and put them on the site.
    I will be at duchess lane on friday at 3:40 and i will try to take some photos.
    So if you like to join us show up and let's try to get some pics.
    RIDE HARD or DIE

mtbr member

Tomorrow?

Can't make it Friday, but tomorrow might be good?

I went to the north carolina site.
    Man... if you see the photos of them riding!
    It will be nice to get a group together like they do and ride.
    I know i'm not the best rider but i'll still do my best .
    We need to take some photos and put them on the site.
    I will be at duchess lane on friday at 3:40 and i will try to take some photos.
    So if you like to join us show up and let's try to get some pics.
    RIDE HARD or DIE

mtbr member
    Nov 2005

Bonking ... not feelin' well

Can't make it Friday, but tomorrow might be good?
    Sorry Mike, can't make it thurs.,but will be there fri.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005

trekmike

Thats a shame because there going to be another rider showing up.
    I wish you could make maybe next time.
    RIDE HARD or DIE

mtbr member

Last saturday

Chriffer & I went to Idlewood last Saturday. Nice ride over there. He beat the juice outa me. If you want to try that out too, let us know!

Is thornblud from your work group?

Thats a shame because there going to be another rider showing up.
    I wish you could make maybe next time.
    RIDE HARD or DIE

mtbr member
    Oct 2005

Who Is It

Yes mike it's one of my riding buds.

i want spring!

New Thread

Yes mike it's one of my riding buds.

Ahhhh riding... whats that like, i almost forgot.

How about making a new thread, call it "Riding in Bucks County"

It's getting kinda hard digging thru "Bucks TM @ CC".

TrekMike, how's it going?
    Chris, how's the crank?
    Ride Hard or die, we never met but I'll see & meet you after the new year.

Take care,
    Rusted DB

mtbr member

Maintenance Projects

Greetings Everyone!

I just got an e-mail from Marianne @ Core Creek. She is back to work but still recovering from surgery. She is interested in seeing our proposals for some of the jobs we are interested in working on and can get us a letter recognizing volunteer service so we can solicit supplies from area businesses. The raised boards in the swamps suggested by Matt & Steve come to mind. If we can look at some design ideas in this respect and present them to the Service so we can prepare for this job and perhaps even get started with their approval. Marianne also sends her thanks for work already done!

Any thoughts on this?

Last edited by trekmike; 11-17-2005 at 02:07 PM.

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    Awesome, I will get to work on the drawings. I'll also take some shots of the areas we want to work in and maybe photoshop in the proposed boardwalks. I will be so happy to see those pallets go away.

mtbr member
    Aug 2004

TM at CC

Hey guys...

Glad to hear this is moving forward. What are your thoughts on when to actually do the work....at this point, I would think spring would be best. Let me know.

Matt, let me know what you come up with in your drawings...we can hit Lowe's and get the lumber.

mtbr member

winter weather

I'm guessing the raised boards will need to have uprights sunk into the ground to attach a beam for the treads. So if the ground freezes it will be difficult for sure. Should we play this out and see how far we get? If it gets prohibitively cold, we can postpone the work. In the meantime the park folks need to give final approval of our plans. Steve, you may be right. It may wind up being in the spring! But that is ok too!

Hey guys...

Glad to hear this is moving forward. What are your thoughts on when to actually do the work....at this point, I would think spring would be best. Let me know.

Matt, let me know what you come up with in your drawings...we can hit Lowe's and get the lumber.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Well i took some photos i hope i can upload them.
    It was a cold ride but we will still be there.
    RIDE HARD or DIE.

mtbr member

Nice!

Nice shots ride hard or die! Sorry I missed you guys.

Well i took some photos i hope i can upload them.
    It was a cold ride but we will still be there.
    RIDE HARD or DIE.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Here's some other photos.

i want spring!

TM Money

TrekMike,
    you seem to be the head-honcho for TM for Core Creek. Start an organization for the park or even for Bucks county. I'm saying this because NORBA & IMBA is offering a $500 trail tune-up grant. Although the application is due on Friday, Dec. 9th it may be worth putting together for the future.

If you do start a group, would you accept a NJ resident?

Happy Turkey Day to all PA people!

Jim
    aka dirty bert

mtbr member
    Sep 2005

sorry

I am alive. I have been extrememly busy with family stuff and work. I am sorry about that saturday a few weeks ago trekmike and chriffer. I had to go to a ribbon cutting for my fathers new school. What was supposed to be two hours turned into a fun filled family day. Anyway I usually recieve email notification if anyone leaves a post on here and i havent recieved any in over 3 weeks. I had no idea anything was going on so i havent checked the board. I am back and i did go for a ride today and it was perfect and i beat the rain wich was a good thing. If the weekend weather is good i will be riding.

mtbr member

Everyone must be busy

Things have been very quiet.

I am alive. I have been extrememly busy with family stuff and work. I am sorry about that saturday a few weeks ago trekmike and chriffer. I had to go to a ribbon cutting for my fathers new school. What was supposed to be two hours turned into a fun filled family day. Anyway I usually recieve email notification if anyone leaves a post on here and i havent recieved any in over 3 weeks. I had no idea anything was going on so i havent checked the board. I am back and i did go for a ride today and it was perfect and i beat the rain wich was a good thing. If the weekend weather is good i will be riding.

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    im ridin satrurday if anyone wants to go im shootin for noon

mtbr member
    Oct 2005

nice muddy ride

Hey thornblud, thank's for the mud ride.
    You know on friday it's going to be a cold one.
    I thinking about bring my goose out on friday, give the old bike a ride.
    I hope my riding get better, i'm not riding that so good.
    I'm trying to get ready for next years trips, and you know how that can go.
    Well, i will see you on friday at 3:40 same place.
    RIDE HARD or DIE

mtbr member
    TrekMike, could you please email me or call me. It's not urgent but rather important

thanks
    Joe Transue
    Eastern PA IMBA Rep
    [email protected]
    610-533-0942

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Happy Holidays. I got my winter gear so i will be hiting the trails tomorrow.

mtbr member

Wow! A new post!

Tuesday or Wednsday? What time? I may be able to jump on the deal with you.

mtbr member

Trail Report

I was out there this afternoon between 1540-1645 hrs. Wet and muddy in places as expected, but not too bad. The Bridgetown Loop is fairly normal but soft in some areas and small streams are normal also. I noticed some erosion on singletrack and on the banks of some stream crossings from bike traffic.

WormAQ, sorry I missed you today! I waited in the lot until about 1600 hrs. Catch you next time.

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Sorry about that Mike i pulled my back out on Monday carrying my dads new tv. I will be going Wednesday around 3:30pm. same place.

mtbr member
    Sorry about that Mike i pulled my back out on Monday carrying my dads new tv. I will be going Wednesday around 3:30pm. same place.
    I'll be there around 1530-1540 hrs!

mtbr member

Trail Report

Wet and muddy in places as expected, but not too bad. The Bridgetown Loop is fairly normal but soft in some areas and small streams are normal also. I noticed some erosion on singletrack and on the banks of some stream crossings from bike traffic.

As of December 28th, the Woodbourne loop is nearly impassable in some places due to muddy conditions. It probably should be avoided so the trails aren't destroyed. If you must go, stick with the Bridgetown loop-- it is fairly dry but a little soft.

Thanks for the ride Worm AQ!

i want spring!

Happy New Year!!

Happy New Year!

To celebrate the new year, I'm headed to Core Creek on the 2nd.

Anyone interested?

Whats the weather suppose to be like?

So if you don't mind a semi slow rider, I'll be there.

later,
    Db

mtbr member

New question here. The weather will not cooperate!

Hey, I tried to post yesterday but the server wouldn't allow me to do so! It seems the weather isn't going to be kind making a mess of things tomorrow @ Core Creek. Here is the forecast for Monday January 2, 2006:

<TABLE class=smalltable cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=2 bgColor=#bbbbbb><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=bottom align=middle width=100 bgColor=#ffff33>1 AM </TD><TD vAlign=bottom align=middle width=100 bgColor=#ffff33>4 AM </TD><TD vAlign=bottom align=middle width=100 bgColor=#ffff33>7 AM </TD><TD vAlign=bottom align=middle width=100 bgColor=#ffff33>10 AM </TD><TD vAlign=bottom align=middle width=100 bgColor=#333399>1 PM </TD><TD vAlign=bottom align=middle width=100 bgColor=#333399>4 PM </TD><TD vAlign=bottom align=middle width=100 bgColor=#333399>7 PM </TD><TD vAlign=bottom align=middle width=100 bgColor=#333399>10 PM </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

<TABLE class=smalltable cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=2 bgColor=#bbbbbb><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top align=left bgColor=#ffffff colSpan=8>Conditions</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top align=middle width=100 bgColor=#ffffcc>

Partly Cloudy
    </TD><TD vAlign=top align=middle width=100 bgColor=#ffffcc>

Chance of Rain

Rain

Rain
    </TD><TD vAlign=top align=middle width=100 bgColor=#e8effc>

Rain

Chance of a Thunderstorm

Chance of a Thunderstorm

Chance of a Thunderstorm
    </TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top align=left bgColor=#ffffff colSpan=8>Probability of Precipitation (%)</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=bottom align=middle width=100 bgColor=#ffffcc>80% </TD><TD vAlign=bottom align=middle width=100 bgColor=#ffffcc>80% </TD><TD vAlign=bottom align=middle width=100 bgColor=#ffffcc>80% </TD><TD vAlign=bottom align=middle width=100 bgColor=#ffffcc>90% </TD><TD vAlign=bottom align=middle width=100 bgColor=#e8effc>90% </TD><TD vAlign=bottom align=middle width=100 bgColor=#e8effc>90% </TD><TD vAlign=bottom align=middle width=100 bgColor=#e8effc>90% </TD><TD vAlign=bottom align=middle width=100 bgColor=#e8effc>60% </TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top align=left bgColor=#ffffff colSpan=8>Cloud Cover (%)</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=bottom align=middle width=100 bgColor=#ffffcc>65% </TD><TD vAlign=bottom align=middle width=100 bgColor=#ffffcc>78% </TD><TD vAlign=bottom align=middle width=100 bgColor=#ffffcc>90% </TD><TD vAlign=bottom align=middle width=100 bgColor=#ffffcc>100% </TD><TD vAlign=bottom align=middle width=100 bgColor=#e8effc>100% </TD><TD vAlign=bottom align=middle width=100 bgColor=#e8effc>100% </TD><TD vAlign=bottom align=middle width=100 bgColor=#e8effc>100% </TD><TD vAlign=bottom align=middle width=100 bgColor=#e8effc>99% </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Maybe we should wait for a better day so we don't wreck the trials? What do you think?

Happy New Year!

To celebrate the new year, I'm headed to Core Creek on the 2nd.

Anyone interested?

Whats the weather suppose to be like?

So if you don't mind a semi slow rider, I'll be there.

later,
    Db
    Last edited by trekmike; 01-01-2006 at 12:11 PM. Reason: spelling

mtbr member

Ride today, January 2, 2006

A ride is in the works. Time not set yet but possibly 1200.

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=vbgC vAlign=center height=20>Mon, January 2, 2006
    </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=vbgA vAlign=center align=middle width=55>Time</TD><TD class=vbgA vAlign=center align=middle width=140>Condition</TD><TD class=vbgA vAlign=center align=middle width=55>Feels
    </TD><TD class=vbgA vAlign=center align=middle width=55>Chance
    Precip
    </TD><TD class=vbgA vAlign=center align=middle width=55>Dew
    Point
    </TD><TD class=vbgA vAlign=center align=middle width=55>Humid.</TD><TD class=vbgA vAlign=center align=middle width=55>Wind</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
    <TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="99%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=lapHourlyDataRow vAlign=center align=middle width=55>10am </TD><TD class=lapHourlyDataRow vAlign=center align=middle width=128><TABLE class=hrCondData cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=110 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=blueText vAlign=center align=middle width=35></TD><TD class=blueText vAlign=center align=middle width=75>Cloudy
    34°F </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD><TD class=lapHourlyDataRow vAlign=center align=middle width=55>34°F</TD><TD class=lapHourlyDataRow vAlign=center align=middle width=55>10%</TD><TD class=lapHourlyDataRow vAlign=center align=middle width=55>30°F</TD><TD class=lapHourlyDataRow vAlign=center align=middle width=55>73%</TD><TD class=lapHourlyDataRow vAlign=center align=middle width=55>From ESE 1 mph</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
    <TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="99%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=lapHourlyDataRow vAlign=center align=middle width=55>11am </TD><TD class=lapHourlyDataRow vAlign=center align=middle width=128><TABLE class=hrCondData cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=110 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=blueText vAlign=center align=middle width=35></TD><TD class=blueText vAlign=center align=middle width=75>Cloudy
    37°F </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD><TD class=lapHourlyDataRow vAlign=center align=middle width=55>37°F</TD><TD class=lapHourlyDataRow vAlign=center align=middle width=55>20%</TD><TD class=lapHourlyDataRow vAlign=center align=middle width=55>31°F</TD><TD class=lapHourlyDataRow vAlign=center align=middle width=55>70%</TD><TD class=lapHourlyDataRow vAlign=center align=middle width=55>From ESE 2 mph</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
    <TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="99%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=lapHourlyDataRow vAlign=center align=middle width=55>12pm </TD><TD class=lapHourlyDataRow vAlign=center align=middle width=128><TABLE class=hrCondData cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=110 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=blueText vAlign=center align=middle width=35></TD><TD class=blueText vAlign=center align=middle width=75>Few Showers
    38°F </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD><TD class=lapHourlyDataRow vAlign=center align=middle width=55>36°F</TD><TD class=lapHourlyDataRow vAlign=center align=middle width=55>30%</TD><TD class=lapHourlyDataRow vAlign=center align=middle width=55>31°F</TD><TD class=lapHourlyDataRow vAlign=center align=middle width=55>68%</TD><TD class=lapHourlyDataRow vAlign=center align=middle width=55>From ESE 3 mph</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
    <TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="99%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=lapHourlyDataRow vAlign=center align=middle width=55>1pm </TD><TD class=lapHourlyDataRow vAlign=center align=middle width=128><TABLE class=hrCondData cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=110 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=blueText vAlign=center align=middle width=35></TD><TD class=blueText vAlign=center align=middle width=75>Few Showers
    40°F </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD><TD class=lapHourlyDataRow vAlign=center align=middle width=55>37°F</TD><TD class=lapHourlyDataRow vAlign=center align=middle width=55>30%</TD><TD class=lapHourlyDataRow vAlign=center align=middle width=55>32°F</TD><TD class=lapHourlyDataRow vAlign=center align=middle width=55>68%</TD><TD class=lapHourlyDataRow vAlign=center align=middle width=55>From ESE 4 mph</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
    <TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="99%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=lapHourlyDataRow vAlign=center align=middle width=55>2pm </TD><TD class=lapHourlyDataRow vAlign=center align=middle width=128><TABLE class=hrCondData cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=110 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=blueText vAlign=center align=middle width=35></TD><TD class=blueText vAlign=center align=middle width=75>Few Showers
    40°F </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD><TD class=lapHourlyDataRow vAlign=center align=middle width=55>36°F</TD><TD class=lapHourlyDataRow vAlign=center align=middle width=55>30%</TD><TD class=lapHourlyDataRow vAlign=center align=middle width=55>33°F</TD><TD class=lapHourlyDataRow vAlign=center align=middle width=55>70%</TD><TD class=lapHourlyDataRow vAlign=center align=middle width=55>From ESE 5 mph</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
    <TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="99%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=lapHourlyDataRow vAlign=center align=middle width=55>3pm </TD><TD class=lapHourlyDataRow vAlign=center align=middle width=128><TABLE class=hrCondData cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=110 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=blueText vAlign=center align=middle width=35></TD><TD class=blueText vAlign=center align=middle width=75>Rain
    40°F </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD><TD class=lapHourlyDataRow vAlign=center align=middle width=55>36°F</TD><TD class=lapHourlyDataRow vAlign=center align=middle width=55>60%</TD><TD class=lapHourlyDataRow vAlign=center align=middle width=55>33°F</TD><TD class=lapHourlyDataRow vAlign=center align=middle width=55>70%</TD><TD class=lapHourlyDataRow vAlign=center align=middle width=55>From ESE 5 mph</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
    Last edited by trekmike; 01-02-2006 at 07:29 AM. Reason: Weather conditions for today

i want spring!

Bridge Traction!

Hi.

So I asked around what could be used on the bridges for some traction.
    Shingles was one answer but I heard it isn't that good for the environment. Another, which I'm kinda interested in is... Chicken Wire!

Very Interesting, huh?

later,
    Db

ps
    Hey Chriffer, where did you disappear to??

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    After that barrage of messages I better post. December was pretty busy for me so I didn't really have the chance to get out on the bike at all. Part of that is because when I did have a chance it was on foot instead. I saw you two plotting earlier this week and was tempted to try and make that, but I need to spend some time checking over my bike. I have a feeling the big temperature change could have affected things enough that riding now would result in something bad happening. Next time someone wants to go to Core Creek I will be there. One of the days next weekend I will be busy, I would guess Saturday but I'm not sure.

mtbr member
    The cold hasn't affected my bike in the years of riding it, however -- on the other hand -- it seriously affects my toes and hands! My winter rides tend to be shorter.

When the trails aren't so muddy and wet I'd like to get down to Pennypack for a longer ride. Even if this means that the trails are frozen (so as not to destroy the trail). Anyone interested?? Planning ahead would be important.

mtbr member

Pennypack

Pennypack last Thursday was good. A little muddy in places, but overall not bad. I think Chriffer got his heart rate up! It would have been nice to see some others with us on such a nice day, but after all, it was a weekday.

Chriffer, just so you know, there is more there that will add to the challenge and fun. Next time around I'll show you the others-- as long as I don't leave my clipless shoes at home!
    Last edited by trekmike; 01-17-2006 at 08:41 AM. Reason: spelling

mtbr member
    Anyone riding late Saturday or Sunday afternoon? I'm open for different destinations too.

Sunday Update: I'll be at Pennypack, Pine Road at about 1300 hrs. Black GMC Sierra, silver Trek 8000 and another with a green Haro Escape..... Come on out!
    Last edited by trekmike; 01-22-2006 at 09:35 AM. Reason: Update

mtbr member
    Oct 2005

trekmike

Hey trekmike.
    Its nice to hear from you.Yea,we had a good time.
    But it would have been better if you where there.
    I'm looking forward to riding, i mean dying with you"lol.
    Yea we have a rookie riding with us,so it will had really slow you down.
    It is his second time out he's doing petty good.
    Well i hope to see you so.
    RIDE HARD or DIE

mtbr member

Where is everyone?

Hey, I can appreciate a slower ride once and a while. No big deal really, just glad to get out when I can! I was hoping to see you and some others at Pennypack last weekend. We had a mixed group of three w/ one beginner. Nice day it was!

Just yell at me if I push too hard. I'm working today, so outa luck I guess!

And where has everybody else been???
    Last edited by trekmike; 01-28-2006 at 09:03 AM. Reason: spell check.

i want spring!

Warm Day

And where has everybody else been???
    I was at Mercer, beautiful day today. I found a new trail a red trail, i there's one ther but I never been to that part. It was just me and the 40 something white tail deer today.

I may be able to ride early morning and sometime next weekday, I'm hoping for Friday.

Next weekend is my last weekend. I maybe going to Hartshorn or Chimney Rock depending on the conditions.

Db

mtbr member

Well, well, well...

...so there is life among us!

I'm thinking about a ride on Monday, depending on trail conditions (will it rain Sunday ??).
    Maybe Core Creek, Pennypack. Any interested?

I was at Mercer, beautiful day today. I found a new trail a red trail, i there's one ther but I never been to that part. It was just me and the 40 something white tail deer today.

I may be able to ride early morning and sometime next weekday, I'm hoping for Friday.

Next weekend is my last weekend. I maybe going to Hartshorn or Chimney Rock depending on the conditions.

Db

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    I have been so busy at work that i havent had a chance to do much of anyting. Hopfully i will be hitting the trails in February.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005

The Mud Ride

Well it was a muddy one.
    Me and my buds had a blast.
    MUD! was eveywhere you turn.
    I try to takes so pics with a new camera.
    But it was a sh#*# .
    I'M taking it back and get somthing better.
    Well we hope to see you soon.
    RIDE HARD or DIE

mtbr member

Oh no! Don't tell me...

does this mean more trail maintenance & rut repair???????

Well it was a muddy one.
    Me and my buds had a blast.
    MUD! was eveywhere you turn.
    I try to takes so pics with a new camera.
    But it was a sh#*# .
    I'M taking it back and get somthing better.
    Well we hope to see you soon.
    RIDE HARD or DIE

mtbr member
    Mike, sorry to jump in on the thread but we're rebuilding our website and i wanted to creat a VMB south, so to bring riding/trails/riders together. We had some guys from marsh creek come and i think it would be cool to broaden a club type atmosphere. What do you think?

joe
    www.bikevmb.com

mtbr member
    Oct 2005

No Repairs

Hey mike, i dont think there will be anything that needs repairing.
    With snow or rain, it should work its way out with a little time.
    So i will talk to you later.
    RIDE HARD or DIE
    Last edited by ride hard or die; 02-04-2006 at 04:38 AM.

mtbr member

Sounds Interesting

There seems to be some interest here in Lower Bucks, however, these winter months have been quiet. There is an informal small group that are semi organized here that enjoy riding together @ Core Creek, mainly due to convenience. I'd like to see some feedback overall!

Quote Originally Posted by Hackamo
    Mike, sorry to jump in on the thread but we're rebuilding our website and i wanted to creat a VMB south, so to bring riding/trails/riders together. We had some guys from marsh creek come and i think it would be cool to broaden a club type atmosphere. What do you think?

joe
    www.bikevmb.com

mtbr member
    Aug 2004

Trail Maintenance at Core Creek

Hey guys....I'm back. Sorry for being so quiet.....'s been a busy winter, and I haven't been riding. But, I'm itching to get back on the saddle. Got a some bling put on my bike this winter and had the fork overhauled by PUSH. Very psyched.

In the meantime, Allison, Steve, Lynda and I are up for some trail maintenance. Let us know!

Hey mike, i dont think there will be anything that needs repairing.
    With snow or rain, it should work its way out with a little time.
    So i will talk to you later.
    RIDE HARD or DIE

i want spring!

Tm

Hey guys....I'm back. Sorry for being so quiet.....'s been a busy winter, and I haven't been riding. But, I'm itching to get back on the saddle. Got a some bling put on my bike this winter and had the fork overhauled by PUSH. Very psyched.

In the meantime, Allison, Steve, Lynda and I are up for some trail maintenance. Let us know!

With this mild wet winter, i don't understand why there isn't any TM going on. I'm not blasting this forum but I just don't understand why people rather just pick up the TM in April.

Sbermhb, got yer fork PUSHed thats pretty sweet, what's the fork on??

-Db

mtbr member

Tm

As a matter of fact, I was running my dog today @ Core Creek and clipped a ton of briars for you while he was sniffing out the bunnies!

You are right, it has been warm! This forum has been very quiet though. There didn't seem to be much interest in riding yet alone TM. I'm game, weather permitting.

With this mild wet winter, i don't understand why there isn't any TM going on. I'm not blasting this forum but I just don't understand why people rather just pick up the TM in April.

Sbermhb, got yer fork PUSHed thats pretty sweet, what's the fork on??

-Db
    Last edited by trekmike; 02-09-2006 at 05:19 PM.

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    Hi guys!!! Just wanted to let you know I'm still alive. Will be riding soon... I'm still at Endurance, if you want a deal on a spring Tune Up, let me know. I work Wed. Nights and most Saturdays.

Anyone off on Mon? If it's nice I would love a good ride somewhere.

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    The weather is nice and the riding is good. Core creek is good and a there are only a few new things that happend over the winter. I will be riding on a regular basis usually after 5pm during the week and anytime on the weekends. See you on the trails. By the way look out fo the new awesome log crossing.

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    Tomorrow, 3-5 of us will be playing around 2:00...

mtbr member
    1400 is a little late for me, dinner is at 1500. I may be there between 1200-1300.

Nice to see everyone on board again! And WormAQ finally came out of the woodwork! Is it warm enough, Andy??

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast