Looking for a place to ride in del co- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jan 2011

Looking for a place to ride in del co

Me and a friend have ridden all the trails in the media springfield wallingford area and are looking for a new place to ride any ideas. Neither of have cars so they have to be close

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    I used to live in del co. There is nothing worth while. Get somebody to take you guys to White Clay State Park in Delaware or Marsh Creek State Park in Downingtown.

mtbr member
    Have you been to The Smed lately? There are some nice changes going on.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by tortfeaser View Post
    Have you been to The Smed lately? There are some nice changes going on.
    Do tell! Is that place hard to navigate? I have walked around the park, but not ridden there. How much is there to ride?

mtbr member
    There are three loops from the park that go to Media, Swarthmore, or Springfield depending on which one you enter. The whole system is upwards of 12-14 miles and can be done in two hours. There are some newish offshoots that the locals are working on. This place is like the mini-Wiss for the locals. It is nothing but hills. I too was getting bored with the place until some locals showed me the new trail loops, now I don't go anywhere else. I'm curious where the OP has ridden in the area. He just says everything.

mtbr member
    hey tf/js howsabout a ride one day next month? i'll bug out of work early, meet ya for a ride then maybe meet the kid for dinner at widener... either that or a pasr white clay outing
    without hops the world stops

mtbr member
    Let's do it.

XC/Trail Clyde
    All I know is that if you two get together to ride at Smed.... I better see something a few days prior on PASR, or a FB message so I can possibly join in as I'm like 3 miles from there.

For the O/P

Smedley Park is nice.... a lot of hills but it's a hidden gem. Get in there and explore.

I will say though that ever since the hurricane last year that metal bridge has been looking more and more sketchy... it's completely disconnected at the one end now....lol
    Rockin Da Suburbz

mtbr member
    Been to Smedley before but get lost most of the time. Where do you start and any landmarks to follow?

Members who have read this thread: 0