Looking for Grove Innovations Hard Core- Mtbr.com
    mkozaczek

Looking for Grove Innovations Hard Core

I heard that there is someone in Pittsburgh that has several Groves for sale. I'm looking for a large Hard Core with a rigid fork and the hammerhead bars.

I grew up in State College and never was able to pull the trigger while there were available, too late now.

Send me an email if you know the guy or know of a bike:

[email protected]

Thanks

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Dju check with Herm @Purplelizard? He's got a good "Grove Innovations history" side to his site...

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    I still have mine,my first custom built frame,it's been retired but thinking about resurecting it again.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    They're classics. Nothing stronger, definitely built for the rocks of central Pa.

Here's Herm's site:

http://www.purplelizard.com/GIintro.htm

mtbr member
    Grove was building again. His son showed a wild bike not too long ago. Somebody should be able to get you in touch with him.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    I didn't know he was building frames again. I do know he had re-introduced the Hot Rods crankset.......Groovy Cycleworks in Ohio had been selling them I believe.....Groovy is a former GI employee IIRC......

Rolling on 650b
    If you can't find a Grove, Eastern Woods Research is building - another strong line of bikes built for the PA rock gardens.

smartass
    Quote Originally Posted by tuckaloe
    I didn't know he was building frames again. I do know he had re-introduced the Hot Rods crankset.......Groovy Cycleworks in Ohio had been selling them I believe.....Groovy is a former GI employee IIRC......
    Aaron Grove is the one building, and his bike was a dj, not a trail bike. Was a nice frame for sure though. I think he's AGrove on here.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Clipless in PA
    If you can't find a Grove, Eastern Woods Research is building - another strong line of bikes built for the PA rock gardens.
    True. Both names are synoymous with "Pa rock gardens". My X from back in the day:

Members who have read this thread: 0