This is a long shot but....- Mtbr.com
    fun things are fun

This is a long shot but....

Are there any Djers or urban guys near or around coatesville i wanna check out the city to se if there are any good spots but i don't wanna get my bike taken from me at gun point.
    "If your not getting dirty your not doing it right,
    unless you ride in the rain then your just muddy"

No Gansta Lean here.
    Feb 2004

Unsure of in Coatesville (town) but you may want to.....

I grew up in Coatesville (Wagontown). There's a small (yet "underground") group that has some dirt jump stuff (including a little bit of ladder stuff) in Downingtown. Private Message me for the location if you already don't know about it. Near the Trestle Bridge off of 322. Downingtown Bike Shop should have info for you on that particular section of jumps as well.
    There's also a bunch of DJ stuff over near West Chester University. Haven't ridden those over there personally but I've heard that they're good. You'd want to check in with the guys at the Bike Line in West Goshen (W.G. Shopping center) Yeah, I said "Bike Line". Not a big fan of their stores in general and usually don't frequent them. But, I used to be the pharmacist at the ACME next door and the guys in that location seem pretty cool.
    ALSO...ask those same guys about the urban scene in and around West Chester. Seen some guys on some trials specific bikes around there. So, I'm sure that there's plenty of guys that do it up urban style with them as well. I've seen a trials bike out in the parking lot at the Bike Line in West Goshen on top of a car, so I'm sure that they can give you some information.
    Man...it's a shame. I graduated C'vill in '89. Used to be a great urban BMX scene....makes me long for my old Skyway T/A! But, alas, most of those guys that I knew are now old...and most (myself included) are married and have kids (and stopped riding...myself EX-cluded!)
    Hey...did they demolish the old projects up off of Oak St.? I bet that there was some good cement formations to launch off of up there!
    Hope some of this info. helps.

Hoopy Frood

Downingtown

The trails by 322 and Trestle Bridge in Downingtown are currently off limits. The property was purchased by the township and a local mtb group is working with them (and the IMBA) to try and find a land management organization which will open the area to mountain biking. This would mean we could build legitimate trails on that property and have a great place to ride for a long time.

However, until that situation is settled, the trails are closed to prevent anyone from giving the residents or township a reason to permanently ban mountain biking.

I live in West Chester and have seen some urban riders around town. PM me if you need more info on trails in the area.
    I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it. - Thomas Jefferson

mtbr member
    I also would like to ask that people not only stay off that property(it's also noted that they do notice less usage their until things get ironed out) but spread the word. Whether the result is good or bad communication is key and working together no matter what discipline you are will be critical.

Thanks,
    Joe
    Eastern PA IMBA Rep

No Gansta Lean here.
    Feb 2004

Agreed!

Staying off would be the best thing for everyone involved. Sorry about that! Didn't realize the situation. Used to live in Exton and rode D'town all of the time. Now, live in eastern Lanc. Co. and haven't been down there much, if at all, in the last year to year and a half. Good to see that something good may come out of the place. Last I was there, there were a lot of marker stakes in the woods up near Skelp Level. Thought that some of it may be lost to housing.
    BTW, what "local" group is it that is working with IMBA? Don't know of any (organized) groups in the area outside of groups up around Allentown, Emmaus, etc. or the PA Trailhands.
    Thanks!

Hoopy Frood

Not so much a club as a group of local riders

Quote Originally Posted by Eastcoaster
    Staying off would be the best thing for everyone involved. Sorry about that! Didn't realize the situation. Used to live in Exton and rode D'town all of the time. Now, live in eastern Lanc. Co. and haven't been down there much, if at all, in the last year to year and a half. Good to see that something good may come out of the place. Last I was there, there were a lot of marker stakes in the woods up near Skelp Level. Thought that some of it may be lost to housing.
    BTW, what "local" group is it that is working with IMBA? Don't know of any (organized) groups in the area outside of groups up around Allentown, Emmaus, etc. or the PA Trailhands.
    Thanks!
    There's a Yahoo group here:

http://sports.groups.yahoo.com/group/bvmtb/
    I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it. - Thomas Jefferson

Members who have read this thread: 0