Local XC Races in Early April?- Mtbr.com

Mar 2004

Local XC Races in Early April?

Does anyone know of any XC races that will be early in April and are a reasonable (4-5 hour) drive from Philly? I was planning on doing The Running of the Dogs in Andover, NJ but I have ran into soome complications.

Thanks Alot, Tim

ganginwood

races

the mid atlantic super series. 15 races PA, NJ, DE, and MD

check out www.masuperseries.com

Mar 2004
    It's too bad that the Blue Marsh race is gone. It was a great course to start the season. It had a nice XC flavor to it. A nice mix of trails, and a little less technical for those of us who are bike handling challenged. Nothing like starting with the smooth trails of FC.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    yeah i hope everyone took the winter off... that first race at french creek will be a doozey! nothin like throwin yourself straight in the fire (i'm racing a rigid singlespeed).

Mar 2004

No Races in Early April

Yeah, I know about MASS, I did almost every race last year. Their first race starts in late April. I don't think there are any races aside from that Running of the Dogs race...I tried to look everywhere. I am now able to fit that race in my schedule so thanks for the effort but I think I now have my schedule set now.

Happy Racing/Riding.

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    max, what class are you in. i'm racing SS sport in the MASS

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by too40sx
    max, what class are you in. i'm racing SS sport in the MASS
    then i'll probably be lining up against you!!! i'll be sure to look out for you!

it will be my first time racing since they put in classes for singlespeed. the only other time i raced singlespeed 2 years ago at fairhill (3 months after i got my bike and started riding SS) there was only one class, we raced with the epxerts, and it was the longest course @ 26 miles...

i sure got my @ss handed to me that day. but it was fun!

i hope to make at least 4 races this year... i am rollin with the guys from trophy bikes (you can't call it "sponsored" when your as slow as me ). they got an all singlespeed team! i'd say you should join up but i think you probably got some hook ups from your shop already... if nothing else, i'll introduce you. good people!

we have been riding belont saturday mornings semi-irregularly to try and gear up for the season. i feel good! we'll see how it all works this season.

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    cool. i'll be with the Human Zoom team. will you be at the opener at french creek?

Mar 2004
    what a coincedence I will be racing with Human Zoom as well.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by too40sx
    cool. i'll be with the Human Zoom team. will you be at the opener at french creek?
    yup! i dunno what other 3 i'll do but i hope the technical terrain and others lack of early season fitness will give me some chance of doing OK at this one (notice especially the I HOPE in that statement).

anyone know what loop they use (is it still mostly the yellow trail)? at 22 miles we have gotta be doing at least two laps?

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by MonolithicX
    what a coincedence I will be racing with Human Zoom as well.
    yeah. as long as i can get some equipment problems sorted out this month. you work for HZ? i'm assuming you're riding a monolith.

Mar 2004
    No I don't work for HZ I just ride for the racing team, and I ride an Ellsworth Isis.

Members who have read this thread: 0