Local trail info needed for Wyoming- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Local trail info needed for Wyoming

this is kinda a cross post from the general forum. In search of a 3 day mtb/camping adventure in late march within 5 or so hours drive from N. NJ. want a place with large trail network with decent early spring conditions and where i can camp. Any insight on the wyoming state park area would be appreciated--camp sites, trail maps, etc.

thought i might have to travel more south for decent trail conditions but i see you guys have been riding local trails for weeks already

thanks

mike

May 2004
    Mike:

Are you talking about the Wyoming State Forest? Above Williamsport Pa? Your best bet on that area is Eagle Mere bike shop! He knows all the trails in his area. I forget his name. I don't know if he is open this time of year. Do a Google search for Eagles Mere bike shop.

Also check Google for the Pa State Gamelands and Forest info. Some areas allow camping in State Forests but not Gamelands.

The name of the State Park in Wyoming State Forest is: World's End State Park! They DO allow camping and I think they even have Cabins. You can find all the info you need online. There are alot of great sites.

Good Luck

LC

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    I'm pretty sure the Eagle's Mere bike shop is (was) only a weekend operation, and from what I saw (from a sign in the shop window) and read they didn't open at all in 2005. Search for it on dirtrag.com forums and you'll get more info.

Edit: actual name is Eagles Mere Mountain Bikes.
    Last edited by XCoalMiner; 03-09-2006 at 02:10 PM. Reason: name

Members who have read this thread: 0