Lehigh Mountain Mountain Bike Trail- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    May 2009

Lehigh Mountain Mountain Bike Trail

Trying to figure out the best way to get to the small lower parking lot at Lehigh. Some say to go XXXX Road off of Route 78 Hellertown exit. I have also heard to go XXX to XXX and back roads to South Mountain Drive?????

What way is best heading from XXXXXXXXX?

Thanks

JayMac

XXX'ed out for protection..Thanks for all the PM's and understanding
    Last edited by JayMac; 09-04-2009 at 09:19 AM.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    The best way to find out might not be to ask on a public forum about trails that are on private property......

AllDayinPA
    Private property? That's funny. Isn't almost every trail private property? Some of you guys gotta get over it. People have been riding Lehigh forever, not to mention there is a collegiate downhill race there every year. It's real easy PM me or just ask someone in the upper lot where to park. I will agree public directions are not ok but nothing wrong with helping a fellow rider out with where to go.

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Thanks for the offer.

I know its private property, but was my understanding that the college welcomed responsible MTBers.

Will send PM

Jason

NEPMCPMBA President
    Jul 2007
    Did you try google maps? You can pick a location on the screen and it'll give you turn by turn directions. And the Lehigh trails are no secret.....

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    The college has stated that the land is for the recreational use of its students. If it becomes a 'destination' that may well be enforced- they have no interest in their land becoming a public park. All I'm saying is if you want information on it you might want to keep it as a 'word of mouth' type if place. And as for 'most trails' being private land- nope. Not in the LV area. Valley Mountain Bikers have been working for years at successfully getting approved access to public lands to build and maintain mountain bike trails. I really can't think of a good reason to jeopardize that work. That's all I am saying. I'm sure PMBA feels the same way about the relationship and work they are doing to improve MTB's image at Wiss and Bellmont Plateau.

AllDayinPA
    Dan not trying to be too opinionated on the forum but there are better ways to say don't ask for public directions. I'll be straight up honest I probably have said the same thing about the Glen. And no disrespect to any local clubs but, Lehigh is more than public its been photographed in National magz. There are many " approved " trails to ride in the Lehigh Valley but let's be serious here, there are more or equal that are not. And that are known trails that people ride. I still have yet to PM back directions and by the way asking for directions on forums is a little sketch too. Go ride and learn the trails. If your lucky you'll find the right person for directions. Or go to your local shop maybe they know whats up.

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    There's no crapper on that ride and its so close to NJ... I say let em ride!

mtbr member

D-bags

What a bunch of douche bags you are to a guy who had the "nerve" to ask for directions. Just because you want to keep your little private area to yourself, you thrash someone for asking directions, which is not sketch. I thought this website had a useful purpose other than to have a flame fest because someone isn't doing it like you think they should.

DanKilling, you are the best, in one post you call him out for asking for directions to a private spot on a public forum for a place you obviously ride, then talk about advocacy in another post. Poaching is poaching, you hypocrite.
    Buy the ticket, take the ride. -HST

mtbr member
    Hey you can't ride here.... This is my illegal trail...
    Team _________

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by justriding
    What a bunch of douche bags you are to a guy who had the "nerve" to ask for directions. Just because you want to keep your little private area to yourself, you thrash someone for asking directions, which is not sketch. I thought this website had a useful purpose other than to have a flame fest because someone isn't doing it like you think they should.

DanKilling, you are the best, in one post you call him out for asking for directions to a private spot on a public forum for a place you obviously ride, then talk about advocacy in another post. Poaching is poaching, you hypocrite.
    Yep- you're right. In this post I'm a douche and hypocrite (seriously) but the intent was to be neither. In real life I'm generally a much nicer guy but my fingers sometimes move faster than my mind. Sorry for not wanting to screw up a good thing.

mtbr member
    damn it. you took all the fire out of me by falling on your sword - nice play, dankilling, nice play.
    Buy the ticket, take the ride. -HST

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    What can I say...when you're right, you're right. Apologies to all.

mtbr member
    May 2009
    OK here is the deal because obviously this thread is getting blown out of proportion. I have a trail map that was given to me by a bike shop. They told me where it is, and gave me the map. They told me where the intersection of the 2 roads where they park. My problem in joining them for a ride is that they ride during the week @ 7:30 in the morning. My question was simple....which way is easier to get there - not hey I have no idea and where is it. I guess I will just have to drive both ways and see what way is a better route to get there.

Sorry to rufffle feathers

Jason

AllDayinPA
    It's all good there's always feathers ruffled around these parts Nice play indeed Dan killing, see you out on the trails.

___
    Last edited by jonz; 09-03-2009 at 05:23 AM.

mtbr member
    This post has made me laugh harder that any other I have ever read on this board. Rollertoaster in particular made me burst out! Let's face it, on some days I want to be on the trails by myself and I get pissed when I see anyone because they are "my trails" and I am in the zone! But other days I love riding with a group of likeminded knuckledraggers and laughing all day and getting beers afterwards. It all depends on the day. Now someone coming and moving dirt off something I built is another story! That is verboten!

Good stuff people...
    bike = good

Can't feel my legs
    Quote Originally Posted by dankilling
    What can I say...when you're right, you're right. Apologies to all.
    Dude, way to bring a fire extinguisher to a flame war

mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    Aha! You're all smoking too much. Lehigh mountain is actually Sals, and Lehigh is on South Mountain. Sals is in a public park and Lehigh is ,well,...not a public park.

Some of the stuff by the frisbee course is in a park in salisbury twnshp, but I'm not exactly sure of the boundaries.

mtbr member
    This thread rocks.

Members who have read this thread: 2