Lebanon, PA- Mtbr.com

Thread: Lebanon, PA

mtbr member

Lebanon, PA

Going to be out there for business next week and should have time to squeeze a half day of riding. Any local knowledge/suggestions would be appreciated. Danka.
    Buy the ticket, take the ride. -HST

Killer of Chains
    Feb 2004
    http://www.sambabiker.com/

Both Swatara and Gov. Dick are within 30 minutes drive or less.

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    Ahhh....fond memories of the Gold Mine.

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Gov. Dick has some great riding. SAMBA's trail map will get you around just fine. Don't miss trail #15!

No Gansta Lean here.
    Feb 2004
    I second hitting Trail 15. Do it as an out and back and be worry free about any possibility of getting lost. Sweet technical trail.
    EWR-HE-148-11-4-97
    Microbeer's Better!

locked - time out
    Feb 2007
    I ride in Mt. Gretna almost every day. Hit me up if you want a tour...

mtbr member
    You guys are the best. Thanks for the info, suggestions and ride offer. Mt. Gretna it is. Todd - I might take you up on the tour offer. If your time is flexible, I am not sure exactly what time I am going to be free, but could shoot you a email or text when I am heading down ther.

mtbr member
    BTW - I was pulling the Gov Dick (Mt Gretna) map off SAMBA and noticed that on the left side there is a a "red" indicator for riding that area due to logging and it says: "The area affected is from the monument rock parking lot to the environmental center."

Can you help me out by telling me, based on the SAMBA map, what trails this affects? I have never been there and don't know where "monument rock parking lot" is; I can find the environmental cnter on the SAMBA map. I assume "monument rock parking lot" is north on Pinch Road at "C" - Pinch Road parking lot on the SAMBA map, but just guessing. Thanks.

mtbr member
    The logging at Gov Dick complete. When will you be in the area?

mtbr member
    B- Thanks for the info. I will be in Lebanon tomorrow. I am hoping to be done with what I need to do by early afternoon and then head down to Gretna to ride. If you have a flexible schedule let me know. thanks again.

No Gansta Lean here.
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by [email protected]
    I ride in Mt. Gretna almost every day. Hit me up if you want a tour...
    justriding,

Guided tour from Todd? That's an offer that I wouldn't refuse. You can be assured that you'll max your avail. time and only ride "the good stuff" (Not that there's really any bad stuff at Gretna...)
    I used to travel for work and take my bike. Just having someone like Todd to show you...so that you didn't get lost, take a wrong trail only to find our you should've taken the trail head next to it, etc....jump on that opportunity...
    Yes, they did log the area. Riding with Todd? You won't have to worry about any of that.
    EWR-HE-148-11-4-97
    Microbeer's Better!

locked - time out
    Feb 2007
    I work in Gretna, so just let me know when your free. I'll be free in the afternoon.

mtbr member
    Oct 2008

Upset Trail #15 modifications at Gov. Dick/Mount Gretna

This email is directed to the gutless *******s who find it necessary to make trail modifications. Today's find on trail #15 takes the cake. Some individuals worked very hard at removing large, very large rocks along the trail and from the trail. These were then placed near a large rock and wooden bridge at the Chickies Creek Headwater section. Listen up ass wipes, that is a very sensitive area and rocks obstructing water flow is so frigging stupid it makes me f'ing crazy to think someone would be that stupid!!!!!!!!!! All it would take is one board member or member of the environmental committee to see that and it is obvious what user group has done it.

I really hope some reader out there sees this email and knows who is doing it. Please tell this individual or group of folks that it is not their place to decide what trail features are allowed. My husband and I are head of the Trail Support Committee at GD and we will not allow a few stupid ***** *******s to mess it up for the rest of us. Your rocks will be removed, I will find you and god have mercy on your soul you insufferable swine.

The Duchess

mtbr member
    Todd- Thanks I sorry missed your post ( when I travel I only have a blackberry).

I should put this in the review section: Gretna was a blast. Whoever suggested trail #15 was a sadist; that trail was great very technical, really interesting lines. Whoever laid it out was a visionary that it could be ridable. I want to get back out there just so I can work sections of that trail. The rest of the trails were fun, flowy with some technical sections and lung buster climbs. You can string enough loops together back there for a couple hours of fun. For anyone heading out there it is a very user friendly area, well marked and laid out in loops; you would have to try to get lost Post ride hit the "Hide Away" off rt 117 - 3 beers and a burger only $11 bucks. Nice bar with a deck, perfect end to a sweet day of riding.

Thanks again for the info everybody. I have to be out that way in June again, I'll try and get some local knowledge next time. .

locked - time out
    Feb 2007
    justriding, I might have run into you yesterday. I was on trail 15...

Next time your in town, let me know and I'll give you a real tour.

Members who have read this thread: 0