Lake redman trails- Mtbr.com

May 2009

Lake redman trails

Is anyone ride lake redman trails in york county I live 5 min away and have rode them a little bit . My son just got a Giant boulder se for his B-day and wants to ride there. We went monday and found some small trails but would be great if someone has some expeirence w/ the trails.

sambabiker.com
    Lake Redman, Rocky Ridge, and Spring Valley are all part of York county parks system. The local bike club YAMBA (York Area Mountain Bike Association) maintains them and does hold weekly rides at one of the parks. Someone from that club will be riding every day at the parks and could show you around. Join the group at http://yamba.org/ then join the club and give them a hand to maintain the parks trail systems. They are a great bunch of people and would be glad to help out.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Bregy2, The nice thing about riding at Redman is that it is hard to get lost and its almost all smooth singletrack. YAMBA is a great group, but why not make it an adventure and do some exploring. I never seem to forget a trail when I discover it myself.

May 2009
    Exploring is great but my 11 year is a little intimidated of the bigger hills. We have a map but it pretty hard to read and know where your at on the trail. Thanks for the club info guys.

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    bregy, YAMBA has beginner rides every monday at 6PM. They generally rotate between the parks and follow a no drop policy. Also if you post on the YAMBA site I'm sure one of the members would offer to show you around, inlcuding myself. Also be sure to check out YAMBA's blog at http://diggingtrail.blogspot.com/ for the ride schedule and trail work schedule.
    A good loop for you son would probably be to start at the Lake Redman boat launch and then ride trails 3, and 4 until you get to water street. At water st you will see the entrance to the Lake Williams boat launch. Ride down that road and then climb back up to trail 4 from there (there are two trails the first is an access road blocked by a yellow gate, go up this) and then take 4 back to 3 back to where you parked. I hope this makes sense when you look at your map. This route should be maybe 5 miles and avoids any of the big climbs.

Trail 4 across water st, all the trail 2's, trail 1's and trails 7, 6, 5 have "big climbs".
    Hope that helps.

Kevin
    Trail Advocacy Coord. YAMBA

Members who have read this thread: 0