Labor Day Ride at the mOOn?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Labor Day Ride at the mOOn?

Anyone riding mOOn Lake Monday morning?? Thinkin' about heading up with a buddy and wouldn't mind a sprited tour of the place. Was up a month ago and hit alot of it, but wasn't quite sure I did many of the trails the best direction, tried to follow the map. Did miss some of the real good stuff up in the right corner of the map though. Takes over an hour to get there from down south here so too early would be tough. 8:30/9?

BW

mtbr member
    May 2009
    I would ride if I could, but I won't be in the area. I'm also about an hour south of mtn. top. In the Mantzville area. Where are you located?

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by bwargula
    Anyone riding mOOn Lake Monday morning?? Thinkin' about heading up with a buddy and wouldn't mind a sprited tour of the place. Was up a month ago and hit alot of it, but wasn't quite sure I did many of the trails the best direction, tried to follow the map. Did miss some of the real good stuff up in the right corner of the map though. Takes over an hour to get there from down south here so too early would be tough. 8:30/9?

BW
    http://chriffer.com/MoonLakeMap has the best maps. I am planning to do some kind of ride their in the morning so could show you around. I have to get out of there by 10 or so though. I could certainly get you on the right track for a good ride though. Any idea of how long/how far you want to try and do?

I'll show up whenever you think you'll be there,
    Chris

mtbr member
    Hey Chris, thanks for the offer. We hope to get there around 8:30. We'll be in a white 4 runner with 2 bikes on the top. Whatever/however you want to take us around is fine. I roamed around most of the stuff below the park office and below the pool & lake. I did venture up the blue to that Deacons rock playground before I left, but didn't get over to the T-rex side stuff which I heard has some sweet stuff. If ya could make it over and show us around for awhile that would be cool.

Barry

mtbr member
    May 2009
    bwargula...your profile says you're located in the tamaqua area....I live in south tamaqua, going out towards mantzville. We need to hook up and ride sometime

mtbr member
    Apaulo88, I'm south of Tamaqua down past Leiby's a bit.

BW

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Awesome I'm about 2 miles from leibys.

mtbr member
    Thanks Chris for an excellent tour of the mOOn We really enjoyed the trails and the quick pace. What a mix to that place...Screaming speed on some of the trails, leg busting climbs, gnarly rocks, rocks, and more rocks, great flow, cool stuff to play on, and plenty of miles to ride. Definitely will make plans to come up again.

Barry

Members who have read this thread: 0