Jim Thorpe Suggestions- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    May 2006

Jim Thorpe Suggestions

I'm taking 2 of my kids on their first camping trip Saturday June 13 and I can get a quick ride in Sunday morning before we leave. We are camping at Mauch Chunk lake and I would like to connect with some single track from there.

I haven't been in that area in a long while and I forget where to pick up a good loop. I know how to get onto the switchback trail and I have ridden some trails off of it before. I just want to have plan in place and not just wander around. I only have about a 2 hour window before the wife will get angry so I want to make the most of it.

I do have a GPS so any tracks that I can download to that would be really helpful.

Thanks

John
    Last edited by murphy0421; 06-10-2009 at 06:12 PM.
    A poor man can only afford the best.

mtbr member
    May 2009
    There are many great loops you can ride in that area. Here is a link that contains a few maps of some popular trails and other helpful information. http://jttrails.wordpress.com/maps/ Enjoy!

BIKE!!
    Nov 2005
    I will be down the at mauch chunk also. I will have printed maps and directions for the summit hill and bobs option trails if you are interested. We are campsite 116. We are riding American Standard on Sunday morning but that would be a bit hard to fit into your two hour window. Saturday morning there will be a group of us doing the summit hill and bobs options though.

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    It's probably an intermediate ride at best, but I just did the Broad Mountain Loop on Sunday and I really liked it, took about an hour and 15 minutes but that was with some exploring side trails.

http://jttrails.files.wordpress.com/...ad-mt-loop.pdf

I prefer XC style stuff though- if you're looking for some all-mountain action I'd check out American Standard. Which is like right across the street for the most part from Broad Mountain Loop

mtbr member
    May 2006
    We will be arriving Saturday afternoon @ campsite 52. I plan to lounge around with the kids and hopefully enjoy the beach. I'll look for you guys and pick your brains when I get up there.

Thanks to everyone for their advice/help!

John
    A poor man can only afford the best.

Members who have read this thread: 0