Jim Thorpe area- Mtbr.com

Thread: Jim Thorpe area

mtbr member

Jim Thorpe area

Wife has planned a weekend away for us up to Jim Thorpe, never been there before how are the trails in that area ?

Thanks very much

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    Depends on what types of trails you are looking for. JT isn't what it once was. There still is a lot to ride but the emphasis isn't on mtn biking, as it once was. There are lots of singletrack and doubletrack, along with the gorge trail. Still some good riding up near Flagstaff. And American Standard on the Broad Mtn.
    LOVE THE RIDE!

Ride da mOOn Moderator
    There are more trails at JT than there ever was, and you'll have to ole school it and just go explore! Not many locals to show ya around these days.

mtbr member
    When Are you coming in?.....What skill level are you?.....I ride up there Every weekend....(live like 20 minutes away from JT)....And YES....There are more trails than ever....BUT, YES, if you don't know where to go it will kind of Stink...If you want rail trail, there is a ton and easy to find....If you want Singletrack, you'll need a local......Sooooo, I will show you around a bit if my schedule allows. Lemme know.
    Just Freakin' Ride

mtbr member
    Thanks very much MBX, I really dont have a specific date in mind right now. Were actually coming up this weekend (for the first time) but wont be riding bikes. If you dont mind I'll keep your name handy and send you a message when I (or we) do come up to ride. Thanks again

mtbr member
    Jan 2003
    The Standard is in excellent shape....little growth at the beginning due to the rain lately but still the best legacy trail around. It's kinda marked now too, red paint on trees.
    Climbing Builds Character

Old Fart
    Quote Originally Posted by mbxcrider View Post
    When Are you coming in?.....What skill level are you?.....I ride up there Every weekend....(live like 20 minutes away from JT)....And YES....There are more trails than ever....BUT, YES, if you don't know where to go it will kind of Stink...If you want rail trail, there is a ton and easy to find....If you want Singletrack, you'll need a local......Sooooo, I will show you around a bit if my schedule allows. Lemme know.
    Offer open to others? I'll buy beer.
    If you say gullible slowly enough it sounds like "oranges"

mtbr member
    Scubapiper.....I sent ya a private message.....Check it out....I'll show you around Thorpe.
    Just Freakin' Ride