If you're not busy Saturday...- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Aug 2011

If you're not busy Saturday...

Could use some help at Pumping Station Rd in Brickerville. There's a downhill part of the Horseshoe trail that was just excavated yesterday, and they could use a few hands laying straw and grass seed to get it to looking like a trail again.

Should be a very nice downhill run from the radio towers at the top.

I told the guy in charge, Don, that I'd make a post for him. If you're interested in how trails are made, there's going to be experts there too, and the trail runs in the backyard of my friend Glenn's house - so refreshments available.

The trail is practically across the street from where everyone usually parks at Pumping Station Rd and the 322. Just show up around 9:30 if you can!

MTBR Goon
    Nov 2011
    This is the first I've heard of these trails. Length? Terrain? Legality?

Thanks

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    It's just a section of the Horseshoe trail that's been there forever and runs 140 miles from Valley Forge National park to Harrisburg. This particular section was hardly used because it was so straight downhill and the floods last year totally blew it out. My friend Glenn called the Horseshoe Trail Club, (est 1935), and they looked at it and agreed to redo the section.

mtbr member
    I didn't think bikes were allowed on this trail. Confirmation?
    Bikes, lots'o bikes

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    trail review Depends are where that part of the trail is in, some are state game lands, some private property etc.

Members who have read this thread: 0