How well does Tuscarora drain?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

How well does Tuscarora drain?

I'm registered for the 4-hr Enduro at Tuscaroa this Sunday and the forcast is looking wet. It's a rain or shine event, so I'm just wondering what to expect. This is my first enduro and only my second SS race, so that plus the cold (high in the 40's) & wet is going to make it a tough day in the saddle!

mtbr member
    i guess by now we know...wow, a tough SS course

mtbr member
    that area of the tuscarora drains very well.......right down the trail...as by now you probably know. seriously.... i enjoyed riding it more yesterday after the race, sweeping the course, than i did on thursday or saturday.

mtbr member
    Yes...now I know!

I'm a fair-weather rider and don't own any mud tires, so by the end of the first lap I wanted to smash my commemorative mug. But once I got used to no brakes (the pads disintegrated on the first lap) and I learned to read the different types of mud for traction, I started to relax and appreciate it as a "character building" experience.

The staff was great though and the post-ride meal crushed, so I'd enter again next year - as long as there's no rain in the forecast!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by fueledbymetal View Post
    "character building" experience.
    LOL! that's the tuscarora. where even our rail trails send people home cryin'.

Members who have read this thread: 0