How best to spend a Monday on a MTB near Philly?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    May 2009

How best to spend a Monday on a MTB near Philly?

Hello All,

I'm going to be in Philadelphia near the end of March for work. I have arranged things so a good friend of mine, from Colorado, and I, from NY, can spend an entire day on our bikes (e.g. Get 3-4 hours in before lunch and then do it again after lunch). We both ride technical trails well and tend to be on the endurance side of things.

All that being said, what are the trail recommendations for a day like that?

Of course the weather setup dictate a lot, but cold isn't a problem.

Thanks

Chilling out
    If you've got wheels to get your wheels to the TH ... things to consider ...

Mt Penn, PA, Near reading [toll i76 to i176] (easy-ish to get to); up and down, some flow lines, annual DH race there; mostly dirt but some chunky stuff to be found. Easy to get lost, but fun place.

French Creek SP, PA [toll i76 or hwy 422]; plenty miles. Lake center. Good XC, but not lightweight XC, stuff.

Sals / Walking Purchase Park [toll i476]; nr Bethlehem PA; good fun place

Sourland Mtn Preserve, NJ; north of Princeton NJ

Ringwood / Ramopo SP, NJ; off Hwy 287; good distance, good rocks, great ride location, clear air will yield view of NYC skyline from 1 or 2 places

Trailforks, MTB Project, are your friends.

mtbr member
    Oct 2012

How best to spend a Monday on a MTB near Philly?

You can spend 2-3 hours in Wissahickon, grab lunch in manayunk, then cross the river into the Belmont plateau and spend another 2 hours or so....and you can ride there from center city!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

West Chester, PA
    Sep 2006
    Here's an epic bike day in Philly that combines the best trail experiences in the city without driving anywhere. Mountain bike in wissahickon park in the morning. I think the entire loop is about 15 miles and pretty challenging. Ride down the hilll and have lunch on main st. in manayunk. Then go to Human Zoom bike shop (also on main st). Leave your mountain bikes there and rent road bikes. You go about two blocks down the street from the shop to enter the schuykill trail. Take that out to valley forge national park to see some of the monuments and what not and head back. (I think this is about 25 miles. Maybe 30, but it's flat as a board)

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    I would agree with the Wiss and Belmont post. If you do the Creshiem Trail you can get about 4 extra miles added to the loop for about 20 miles total at the Wiss. Here's a partial loop ride I did:
    https://www.strava.com/activities/869972419

Have lunch in Mannyunk or East Falls then head across Falls bridge to trail along MLK Blvd then hang a right up Montgomery and make the first right into the Belmont Trails. When at Belmont, be sure to hit the trail that goes to and above the pump track behind the Mann Music Center. This is an out and back but worth it. Once back in Belmont proper there are a multitude of loops to ride. All told probably about 20 miles of trails at Belmont, but kinda tough to find.
    Another partial ride at Belmont:

https://www.strava.com/activities/857582496

Enjoy!

Tough Guy Extraordinaire
    +1 for Wiss, although if you don't have someone to show you were to go, it can be somewhat frustrating. Same goes for Belmont, although the riding is not as flowy. That being said, either place can pretty much be rode out in about 2.5 hours.

If you can drive a bit, White Clay, about an hour south outside of Newark DE, is a great place where you can get a full day of riding in. I think there are about 40-ish miles of trails there. Also, Fair Hill is just down the road, and there are 75 miles of trails there. Both are pretty buff and fast XC type riding, although Fair Hill has 'bigger' hills.

All of the other places mentioned are good, but not sure I would make Sourland or Sals high on my list if you only have one day to ride. Both are ok, but the drive would be longer than the ride they afford.
    - 2013 Pivot Mach 429 C
    - 2010 Niner MCR
    - 2009 Cannondale Super Six HM
    - 2007 Santa Cruz Super Light

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    The Wiss is a linear park and therefore pretty easy to get around. All the trails are on Google Maps, every intersection has a directional marker and there are about 20 trail head signs with complete trail maps. The Cresheim Trail doesn't have trail markers yet, working on it though. There are also trails on the east side of Lincoln Drive that can add about a mile to the 20 mile total.

Belmont is more confusing than the Wiss and the trails aren't on Google Maps. They are on OpenStreetMap though.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Shmack View Post
    +1 for Wiss, although if you don't have someone to show you were to go, it can be somewhat frustrating. Same goes for Belmont, although the riding is not as flowy. That being said, either place can pretty much be rode out in about 2.5 hours.

If you can drive a bit, White Clay, about an hour south outside of Newark DE, is a great place where you can get a full day of riding in. I think there are about 40-ish miles of trails there. Also, Fair Hill is just down the road, and there are 75 miles of trails there. Both are pretty buff and fast XC type riding, although Fair Hill has 'bigger' hills.

All of the other places mentioned are good, but not sure I would make Sourland or Sals high on my list if you only have one day to ride. Both are ok, but the drive would be longer than the ride they afford.
    If the OP likes technical, I would recommend Sals. Not the longest ride but a lot of fun.
    It is the Right of the People to Alter or to Abolish It.

mtbr member
    Aug 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by Vespasianus View Post
    If the OP likes technical, I would recommend Sals. Not the longest ride but a lot of fun.
    Or South Mountain Emmaus - even more technical than Sals.

Don't let the mileage fool you - lotta rocks and logovers plus a lotta climbing. Totally different than the stuff down in Philly.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Clayncedar View Post
    Or South Mountain Emmaus - even more technical than Sals.

Don't let the mileage fool you - lotta rocks and logovers plus a lotta climbing. Totally different than the stuff down in Philly.
    Agree. Both of those two places are well worth the trip. In fact, you could do Sals in the morning, have a nice lunch and hit South Mountain in the afternoon. Would be a blast.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    the wiss/belmont combo is a true inner city gem. based partially on this post i got stoked to skip getting in the car to go ride yesterday in favor of doing this ride out my door:

i started like 10am yesterday around houston playground; rode the roxborough side of wiss down from the meadows to the transfer center.

made the transfer to belmont across the falls bridge. into belmont's "backside" rode all the mouse trails, back track a little along the road and then cross chamonoix to the other side of belmont, down john brown into three dollar bill, hit the excellent new trolley connector trails over to ride 4:20, then into cabbage patch and then back over to the recycling center along the classic 76 trails (with lots of excellent new trails in that area). exit belmont on the trolley trails back to mlk.

back over to east falls for a coke and then back into wiss to ride as much of the germantown side as i could. I manged the other side of lincoln drive trails before my legs gave out and i limped home back up to the meadow on forbidden mostly.

got home around 3pm for a solid 5 hour ride (my fitness is not where it once was but i don't think i am a slouch either).

i have no computer but i'd bet i hit 20 miles of trails. I also be there are AT LEAST 15 more miles i missed if you had the gas for a REALLY good long ride.

I am kinda glad it isn't an imba epic but there is easily an epic's worth of good riding if you combine both parks. when i was younger and dumber we did a 3 park ride that included pennypack once. that is a biatch of a transfer but if i remember correctly we ended up with 93 miles that day.

this city has as much trail as your legs can handle!

mtbr member
    Aug 2016
    Agree. Both of those two places are well worth the trip. In fact, you could do Sals in the morning, have a nice lunch and hit South Mountain in the afternoon. Would be a blast.
    A lotbof locals up here do exactly that - it IS a lot of fun. Throw in Bear Creek and Mt. Penn as a good alternate combo too on the same ridge further southwest.

Problem is convincing people I know down in Philly that driving up to the Lehigh Valley isn't the trek to Siberia that they make it out to be

mtbr member
    Man, you people are killing me. I moved last summer and REALLY miss the SE PA mountain biking seen. I took the place for granted when I was there but the trails are really amazing, varied and all close together. I need to make a road trip north...

Chilling out
    I moved last summer and REALLY miss the SE PA
    Grass is always greener, dirt always more heroic, wherever you aren't.

:P

Where you move to?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by bear View Post
    Grass is always greener, dirt always more heroic, wherever you aren't.

:P

Where you move to?
    Charleston, SC. There is no grass, nor hills. Grants, the Philadelphia area was no Durango but it was very nice!

mtbr member
    Aug 2016
    Charleston, SC. There is no grass, nor hills. Grants, the Philadelphia area was no Durango but it was very nice!
    Yeah, I can see why the S.C. Low Country might not be the most epic riding around. Hang in there.

mtbr member
    Yeah, I can see why the S.C. Low Country might not be the most epic riding around. Hang in there.
    But it is not just SC but rather most of the trails I have visited in Georgia or North Carolina that are just a little different. I don't think there are any rocks down here. The trails are basically hard packed smooth trails -granted with lots of flow. But they still pale compared to places like the Wiss, Belmont or even Green lane. Heck, Fair Hill would be considered the most epic mountain bike park in the south. I have yet to hit Pisgah or Dupont but I do hope there are more rocky trails there. But I may just be homesick.

The trails in the low country itself are fun and the local group has done an absolutely amazing job to make them interesting. .

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    At least the low country food is amazing. Good motivation to burn calories!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dougr View Post
    At least the low country food is amazing. Good motivation to burn calories!
    You can say that again. The food and the beer are both outstanding in this area. Also, being able to ride in shorts almost all year long is not bad!

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    Do you want to drive anywhere or just launch the ride right from the city? And what part of Philly will you be in, center city?

mtbr member
    May 2009
    OP here.

Thanks to everyone for the ideas. I don't mind driving as I'm driving down from NY to get to Philly. The Wiss and Belmont sound sweet. One of us will be on a steel hardtail so I'm not feeling super chunk is the way to go.

Where do I get a map for Belmont?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by End-Ola View Post
    OP here.

Thanks to everyone for the ideas. I don't mind driving as I'm driving down from NY to get to Philly. The Wiss and Belmont sound sweet. One of us will be on a steel hardtail so I'm not feeling super chunk is the way to go.

Where do I get a map for Belmont?
    OpenStreetMap has the Belmont trails.

Link here: https://www.openstreetmap.org/#map=16/39.9918/-75.2116

It's an out and back but the Crossbow Trail (between Parkside Avenue and Georges Hill Drive) adds another mile or two to your ride.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Wiss is totally ride-able on a hard tail. Mt Airy side is definitely a bit more technical than the Roxborough side although each have their share of flow as well. Whatever you decide, have a blast!

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    You do not want to ride Belmont unless you are with somebody local. You will spend way too much time trying to navigate your way around. Checking a map every few hundred feet is bad for your flow.

Wiss is a good option to spend 2-3 hours if you hit all the offshoot trails

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Of the 3 (Wiss, Belmont and White Clay) the easiest to navigate is probably the Wiss. As another poster said, you really can't get lost at the Wiss. Follow the Yellow trail on the Roxborough side and the White Trail on the Mt. Airy side. If you go too high you hit neighborhoods (just drop back in). If you go to low you hit Forbidden Drive(climb back up).
    The Lincoln Drive Trail is pretty straight forward and the Cresheim Trail is essentially an out and back but a little tougher to find. The easiest way to find it (IMO) is to go across the car bridge from the Valley Green side, make a right and climb the double track. At the top go straight then down the hill. At the bottom, cross a tiny creek then make a left up the hill and you'll be on your way. about half way to the Cresheim Trail you'll cross a long wooden bridge on your right. once over the bridge make a left on the obvious trail. Take this to Cresheim Valley Drive. Cross over and pick up the single track at a "T" intersection. Left takes you to Germantown Ave where you turn back the way you came. Right puts you on the "flow" section of the trail with a 150' log ride. Keep making lefts until you get back to the log ride, pass it again then make your first right to get back to Emlen/CVD crossing and back to wooden bridge.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    PM me with the dates you'll be around and my buddy and I can show you around Wiss, Belmont or White Clay. My schedule is pretty flexible, time-wise.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    so i did the other suggestion for an all day adventure here last thursday and that was a blast as well!

we started the morning riding sals for one a loop where we hit most of the trails in about 3 or so hours??? then packed up and hit the emmaus trails (south mountain?) after a quick lunch.

i had previously never ridden either of these places and just spent the day following my much fitter faster friends wheel so i don't know what we rode exactly but i can tell you it was a HELL of a lot of fun and very different from the riding we have in philly. lots of good climbing (which by the nature of it brings good descending) and lots of rocky chunk which i love but we don't have near enough of here in philly! my shoulders were sore as hell by the end of the day. it had been a while since my arms had taken such a good beating. a rigid bike probably isn't the best choice for these trails but it was fun as hell and i'll be back as soon as the weather warms up again and i can find another good day to play hookie.

the more "local" places i ride the more amazed i am at the amount of quality trails in this area. we are incredibly lucky to have SO MANY awesome parks with days/weeks of riding within a few hours of philly. so fun! if anything this proved i need to go north more; farhill and whiteclay have made me a little soft.

are there any other parks up that way that rival sals and emmaus (cause if so i need to visit them as well!)? we were thinking if you looped sals both directions that would be a good day as well... anyone have a good tip to get in 20ish miles at sals? does emmaus have as much mileage or is sals bigger? sals seemed way bigger but maybe my buddy just knew more of the sals trails?

sorry if i am derailing this thread but it has led me to TWO fantastic days off riding so far; so thanks to the OP for starting the thread that planted these ideas in my head.

oh and finally hit THIS beer store on the way home... you won't be sorry. i only got two cases because that is all we could fit. i seriously woulda brought home 5-6 cases if we had room.

https://www.facebook.com/shangysthebeerauthority/

mtbr member
    Nov 2014
    By the sounds of it you would like a lot of the riding around Reading as well. French creek, Mt. Penn/Neversink and Blue Marsh offer a lot of technical riding. For more flow you can hit up Marsh creek in Downingtown or Nockamixon. Trexler is also a lot of flowy fun once all the trails get rebuilt.

mtbr member
    Aug 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by max-a-mill View Post
    so i did the other suggestion for an all day adventure here last thursday and that was a blast as well!

we started the morning riding sals for one a loop where we hit most of the trails in about 3 or so hours??? then packed up and hit the emmaus trails (south mountain?) after a quick lunch.

i had previously never ridden either of these places and just spent the day following my much fitter faster friends wheel so i don't know what we rode exactly but i can tell you it was a HELL of a lot of fun and very different from the riding we have in philly. lots of good climbing (which by the nature of it brings good descending) and lots of rocky chunk which i love but we don't have near enough of here in philly! my shoulders were sore as hell by the end of the day. it had been a while since my arms had taken such a good beating. a rigid bike probably isn't the best choice for these trails but it was fun as hell and i'll be back as soon as the weather warms up again and i can find another good day to play hookie.

the more "local" places i ride the more amazed i am at the amount of quality trails in this area. we are incredibly lucky to have SO MANY awesome parks with days/weeks of riding within a few hours of philly. so fun! if anything this proved i need to go north more; farhill and whiteclay have made me a little soft.

are there any other parks up that way that rival sals and emmaus (cause if so i need to visit them as well!)? we were thinking if you looped sals both directions that would be a good day as well... anyone have a good tip to get in 20ish miles at sals? does emmaus have as much mileage or is sals bigger? sals seemed way bigger but maybe my buddy just knew more of the sals trails?

sorry if i am derailing this thread but it has led me to TWO fantastic days off riding so far; so thanks to the OP for starting the thread that planted these ideas in my head.

oh and finally hit THIS beer store on the way home... you won't be sorry. i only got two cases because that is all we could fit. i seriously woulda brought home 5-6 cases if we had room.

https://www.facebook.com/shangysthebeerauthority/
    Being a Lehigh Valley native and living 30 minutes from South Mountain in one direction and Nox in the other, I can tell you that we have some quality trails up here.

I believe that Emmaus is a little bigger than Sals.

You should also ride Bear Creek outside Alburtis for tech like Emmaus but more so. On a ski resort property but open to the public but you have to register to ride there. NBD.

Mt. Penn in Reading is on the same ridge and has tech too. Fairly extensive.

If you want well-drained big XC mileage, try Blue Marsh NW of Reading. Its good for like 32 miles.

As for Shangy's, it is a good place with great selection to pick up a case at lower prices than down in Philly if you're up here anyway.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Being a Lehigh Valley native and living 30 minutes from South Mountain in one direction and Nox in the other, I can tell you that we have some quality trails up here.

I believe that Emmaus is a little bigger than Sals.

You should also ride Bear Creek outside Alburtis for tech like Emmaus but more so. On a ski resort property but open to the public but you have to register to ride there. NBD.

Mt. Penn in Reading is on the same ridge and has tech too. Fairly extensive.

If you want well-drained big XC mileage, try Blue Marsh NW of Reading. Its good for like 32 miles.

As for Shangy's, it is a good place with great selection to pick up a case at lower prices than down in Philly if you're up here anyway.
    i like all the suggestions accept marsh creek. ridden there twice so far and just don't get the appeal. don't get me wrong it isn't horrible; just horrible IMHO compared to the other great options we have.

sounds like i might need to go explore emmaus a little more next time. anyone seen a good gpx for that park?

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    i like all the suggestions accept marsh creek. ridden there twice so far and just don't get the appeal. don't get me wrong it isn't horrible; just horrible IMHO compared to the other great options we have.

sounds like i might need to go explore emmaus a little more next time. anyone seen a good gpx for that park?
    another good option for a good long day in SE PA is to tie together french creek and some of the surrounding trails... i don't know a good route yet but i do have friends who know how to do it so one of these days i'll learn how to get some bigger miles around french creek. those are fun but not easy miles much like sals and and the chunky parts of emmaus.

mtbr member
    Aug 2016

When you said "Marsh Creek" is that what you actually meant, as in near Downingtown?

Blue Marsh out beyond Reading is much bigger mileagewise than Marsh Creek. Blue Marsh doesn't have big climbs or chunky rock gardens though if that's what you're looking for which is what I'm guessing.

mtbr member
    When you said "Marsh Creek" is that what you actually meant, as in near Downingtown?

Blue Marsh out beyond Reading is much bigger mileagewise than Marsh Creek. Blue Marsh doesn't have big climbs or chunky rock gardens though if that's what you're looking for which is what I'm guessing.
    The Blue marsh loop is like 22 miles for the loop and 2000+ feet of climbing. There were some nasty rooted climbs in there as well. There is a additional section that is optional that pushes the mileage to 30ish IIRC and has a huge climb on it. I've never done both.
    I like to fart when I'm in front of you on a climb:skep:

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtrider76 View Post
    The Blue marsh loop is like 22 miles for the loop and 2000+ feet of climbing. There were some nasty rooted climbs in there as well. There is a additional section that is optional that pushes the mileage to 30ish IIRC and has a huge climb on it. I've never done both.
    sorry meant blue marsh... again no offense to those trails; it is not terrible, just not what i think of as fun. As much as the term flow is overused these days blue marsh has too many sections that lack flow... to me it felt like a LONG ride to connect like 3-5 miles of fun trail. but honestly i haven't been in probably 3-4 years so maybe the trails are getting better.

marsh creek has some very fun trail but not enough of it for me to ride there much anymore.

mtbr member
    Aug 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtrider76 View Post
    Blue Marsh definitely has the mileage - I rode the whole 30 and its good for that.

The 2,000 ft. of total climbing at Blue Marsh seems far less in your face (except that one climb - is that the old ski slope?) than Sals, Emmaus, Mt. Penn, etc. But everything's relative, I guess.

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Give the recent weather, is riding in the greater Philadelphia area possible this coming Monday?

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    My feeling is most stuff will be unride-able. The 8+ inches of snow and sleet is now melting and saturating the top layer of soil on the trails. The only way to ride, if at all, is early in the morning while the ground is still frozen (only if the temps go below freezing for an extended time at night). Most likely, all trails will be peanut buttery in consistency, which will do nothing but damage them.
    The only thing I could recommend would be either the SRT, Forbidden Drive or Perkiomen Trail on a mtb or cross bike. That, or bring your road bike.

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by End-Ola View Post
    Give the recent weather, is riding in the greater Philadelphia area possible this coming Monday?
    The Philadelphia trails will all be slushy/muddy on Monday. The areas to the north got more snow, suspect they will be slushy as well.

You could ride the Jersey pine barrens, the pictures I've seen on Facebook show little or no snow and the area drains really well. Very easy to get lost though. I believe that the trails near Batsto are well marked.

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Dannmer, Thank you.

mtbr member
    Aug 2016
    Seriously, if you don't have a decent-quality fatbike, get one with wide rims and Bud and Lou tires and take a little drive north to escape our muddy crappy SE PA winters if you don't want to do the roadbike thing. Spare our local trails getting rutted from trying to rush things.

Check the Intellicast.com snowcover map and get your balaclava and pogies and get up to Promised Land S.P. in Pike County off Route 390 (they almost always have snow) which accesses Delaware State Forest with like 120 miles of trailed groomed by DCNR with tractors pulling tracksleds for snowmobiles. Most of the trails allow fatbikes BUT you MUST yield to snowmobiles at all times. Most of the snowmobilers are pretty chill but stay right and stop when they're approaching. Awesome scenery too.

I was up there today on top of over two feet of snow with about 10 of my friends and did 4 hours of riding. Some good restaurants with decent beer up there too. Until I took up fatbiking and met people who enjoy it too, I never knew how much I could like winter mountainbiking

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    batsto nj: Wharton State Forest | JORBA - You Dig?

was there yesterday; conditions were perfect.

mtbr member
    Mar 2017
    So many good suggestions here im relocating to Philly in about a year and one of my main concerns was where to trail ride and how far are the trails from the Philly area.
    Moving from Miami and although we don't have mountains we do have 5 local parks with plenty of xc trails. I've done a few trips up to Philly to check out the areas just out side but I plan on doing a few more trips taking my bike

mtbr member
    Aug 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by MTBFUN24 View Post
    So many good suggestions here im relocating to Philly in about a year and one of my main concerns was where to trail ride and how far are the trails from the Philly area.
    Moving from Miami and although we don't have mountains we do have 5 local parks with plenty of xc trails. I've done a few trips up to Philly to check out the areas just out side but I plan on doing a few more trips taking my bike
    You will not be disappointed at your huge number and variety of trails within a two-hour drive radius of Center City Philly compare to being wedged in between the ocean and Glades in Miami. The fact that several are within city limits makes it even better.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by MTBFUN24 View Post
    Yes, as clay mentioned, their are many good trails around Philly. If you are living near the city center, you have the Wiss or Belmont, both within 15-20 minutes of most places. If you are living north of the city, you have extra options that are all mostly within 20-40 minutes of the northern suburbs.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    just did another 5 hour ride out my door yesterday linking up wiss and belmont; there were still at least 2-3 more hours of riding available if i hit all the trails but my legs were done and it was after beer-thirty....

and that was only 2 of the 3 parks we have in philthy. if any city in the country has better mtb access than philly you are gonna have to prove it to me!

mtbr member
    just did another 5 hour ride out my door yesterday linking up wiss and belmont; there were still at least 2-3 more hours of riding available if i hit all the trails but my legs were done and it was after beer-thirty....

and that was only 2 of the 3 parks we have in philthy. if any city in the country has better mtb access than philly you are gonna have to prove it to me!
    Nope. The Wiss and Belmont are jewels. If they were anywhere else in the country they would be considered EPICS and destination places.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    I am kinda glad it isn't an imba epic but there is easily an epic's worth of good riding if you combine both parks. when i was younger and dumber we did a 3 park ride that included pennypack once. that is a biatch of a transfer but if i remember correctly we ended up with 93 miles that day.

this city has as much trail as your legs can handle!
    I am not going to leave that unremarked on. Wiss, Belmont and Pennypac in one day is monstrous!

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by roma258 View Post
    I am not going to leave that unremarked on. Wiss, Belmont and Pennypac in one day is monstrous!
    back when i was young, dumb, and full of.... energy:
    How best to spend a Monday on a MTB near Philly?-3_park.jpg

bigger than you.
    I may need to update this, but here's a lit of trails that are accessible by regional rail and a short ride (5 miles or less) to the trailhead: https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/vi...cBrcM&hl=en_US