Hitting Merli in August- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    May 2009

Hitting Merli in August

I'll be camping at Promised Land in August and we want to hit a real trail and we decided on Merli-Sarnoski. Since we're from out of state, do we need any permits, licenses, etc.? any park fees for the day?

thanks for the help...

mtbr member
    Nope. If you go to Hubbard's website (in my signature) you'll see a tab up top called Maps. Click that and print it. They usually have maps up there, but it doesn't hurt in case they're out. IMO, the only trail I won't do is HR 280. The DH part is fun, but expect a long climb back out that can be a little confusing. Everything is in pretty good condition now. ttyl, Fahn
    Hubbard Bike Club

mtbr member
    May 2009
    awesome, thanks for the info...

mtbr member
    May 2009
    update

we did the trail and it kicked our collective tails.
    i did a review under merli-sarnoski.

looking forward to giving it another try...

mtbr member
    Cool. It is a tech trail system for sure. If you want to try a less tech trail around here, then try Lackawanna State Park or Prompton S.P. They're faster because of less rocks and wider turns. LSP can be VERY tricky if it rained cause the flagstone turns to ice. But if it's been dry for a couple days, it can be very fast. Just have someone show you the trails there cause the trail maps aren't updated all the time and can get confusing.

Prompton is fun too. It's got some tech like Merli, but some fast stuff like LSP. The main difference is that Prompton makes it mandatory to do at least a 13 mile trip around the lake unless you turn around and go back out. Ttyl, Fahn
    Hubbard Bike Club

Members who have read this thread: 0