Hillsville Quarry, Lawrence County PA- Mtbr.com

Mar 2006

Listen! Hillsville Quarry, Lawrence County PA

I know this area has already been discussed, and there are already trail reviews listing this area in both Hillsville PA, and Poland OH. Technically the area covers setions of Hillsville, Bessemer, Edinburg, and North Beaver PA.

Its an old strip mine, which in recent years, and currently, areas are being re-striped. The area is a popular location for ATV and dirtbike riders. There are local names for some of the locations such as "super bowl" "the sand dunes", "big tit hill", and "mad dog hill". There is something for everyone here though if your on a Mt. Bike.

If you want to get there, and park without any issue, follow Rt. 224 to Christine Lane in Edinburg PA. There is a plaza at the end of Christine lane that is called "Hilltop Centre". You can park your vehicle there without any issue, and then proceed to cross over 224 into a housing development, and follow the main road directly into the quarry.

There is also a section of trails located behind Hilltop Centre if you go into the housing development there. Follow Christine lane in, and down the center road all the way to the end. There is a home at the bottom of the hill, and you will see the trail entrance there. This trail can be followed along the mahoning river, and into Loweville PA, or into New Castle depending on direction taken. You can also reach Quaker Falls from here, or access BFI and ride some of the stip mine areas there.

I HIGHLY suggest checking out topographical maps, along with satellite images via terraserver.com before riding the area if you are not at all familiar with any of it.

If anyone is interested, please feel free to contact me via PM or AIM at cdsporscheturbo
    I have an extensive knowledge of mostly ALL the trails, or can at least direct you to the main points of interest, and how to get from point A to B safely. I can show you what areas to avoid, and will also be working on possibly making a detailed map of the area, showing points of interest, safe parking areas, and etc. Id be more than happy to be a "trail guide" for free if anyone is interested.

Later,
    Chris
    Last edited by cds00bsmg; 03-27-2006 at 07:41 AM.

Jun 2006
    hillsville is bad ass, i personally think its the best place to ride any off road vehicle, and think its much sweet then wellsville, ''probably because its so close to me''. Just my .02

Mar 2006
    to the top for spring-

May 2008

Awesome quarry in western PA!

Since cds00bsmg is a long time buddy of mine, and we in fact have ripped up the quarries a ton, i just wanna bump this topic cuz it deserves it. nothing quite like the quarries…seems like you never really run out of fun places to ride and explore. It will make you a stronger rider definitely.... there's terrain for just about any skill level, whether you prefer easy flat stuff, or if you’re a serious DH rider it’s all there…we both should have some good info for any1 interested so send us a PM if you want, we’re both local to western PA.. I will try and take some pictures here soon the next time i get out there
    Last edited by firerat; 06-05-2008 at 06:00 AM.

Mar 2006
    http://maps.live.com/#JnE9eXAuYW5kcm...4wNTA3ODEyNQ==

This is a MSN bird's eye view of the entire Hillsville Quarry area. It is far more detailed than I could ever explain to you. If the link does not work, search out ANDREWS ROAD, EDINBURG PA, 16116 This will put you right in the quarries off of RT.224 in PA, and near the area known as "the bahamas".

There is nothing quite like Hillsville in our area, and I guarntee you will not ride the same trail twice unless you intend to.

Chris-

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    That's right near my college, I may have to check this place out.

Members who have read this thread: 0