Hello there new Brothers n Sisters- Mtbr.com
    Chilling out

Hello there new Brothers n Sisters

Hello from the new area residents Bear and Bear's Wife (she can eventually introduce herself, or not).

We've just moved into the area from Austin, TX, literally arriving last night around 8pm after three days of hard driving.

We're safely ensconced out at Moon Lake, for a couple weeks, until we find a place to rent and move into for the long term. If you find yourself out on that side of the park and we're in-camp, feel free to wander by and say hello!

I'm going to be lookin' for rides real soon (tonight? hard to say, still recovering from the drive), so there's going to be some wandering about town getting bearings and checking in with various places including some bike shops.

Keep the rubber side down, see ya out there.

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Welcome to PA!

Pittsburgher here, but don't worry, there's tons of trails all over this state.
    Oh noes. I'm going to drink the Kool-Aid.

Wizard of the Trail
    Welcome! I hope you broght some of that sun from texas with you.
    There is no charge for awesomeness......or attractiveness.

Good rep does not wash out the bad, nor the bad the good.

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    welcome to PA, there is a thursday night ride going on in Mt.top if your interested about 30 min south of you PM me if your interested we have some awesome riding

NEPMCPMBA President
    Jul 2007
    Two late model subarus and no turbo?

mtbr member
    PM sent. ttyl, Fahn
    Hubbard Bike Club

Chilling out
    dave, doubt i can make mtn top tonight but will shoot for next week.

my neutronium foot does not need a turbo when i already have been pulled over while towing trailer with bikes on car, and the speed limit here is not 80 mph!

area sure looks nice in the sunlight we brought from Texas.

Bear - I'm planning to ride mOOn tonight around 6:15 if you're interested, or maybe I'll just run into you in your backyard- Jeff

mtbr member

Welcome!

Welcome to NEPA....we are doing trail work tomorrow morning in Mountain Top so no ride for me on Saturday....will let you know where were riding on Sunday when we decide. Good to meet you and your wife today at A Town. Lots of great mountain biking in the area.....ride on!
    There are two paths you can go by but in the long run........

Ride da mOOn Moderator

Good job! Welcome again!

Ted:

It is was great to meet you and your wife and talk for hours after the Wednesday night ride at the mOOn. I would be honored to be your tour guide and invite you to attend all the great ride areas we have around the valley as there are so many nice people to meet! Let me know when your available to attend the rides. Of course your right at home on the mOOn rides for now. I'm sure getting in a permanent location will come first and don't be afraid to ask for help! I'm here if ya need me! Let me know when the big move happens.

We all have to get together and hit the local pizza shops as this area is BIG on PIZZA hope ya like Pizza? If you run short of anything. Just shoot me an email by Tuesday and I'll be there on Wednesday for the ride and I can drop it off for ya!

I'm sure I will see ya at the mOOn often.

All of my info is on our website including email at [email protected]

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    We saw your caravan at the park while we were riding on Thurs night, welcome to NEPA. nothing out of ordinary until I spotted the TEXAS plates! enjoy your stay at the mOOn.

Chilling out
    thanks all.

jeff: good to meet & chat with you and To too,am sure i will see you soon.

fahn: special props on the extensive pm, very helpful.

i am looking forward to getting some kind of life-rhythm going, in a strange turn we found a cool place in Kingston and signed a lease Fri, of course our house and kittens don't show until later in Aug (and the movers are NOT going to be happy about the third floor venue).

still, one inflatable mattress later and me starting work on Mon will be a lot easier (less than 3m to office).

where's the mon & tues rides again, i know where to gofor wed.

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    Tuesday night at 6 at Frances Slocum State Park, This should bring up a map the meet up spot is along Carverton Rd on the far southwest corner of the park. There's a gas company fenced in something or other there. If you switch that map to satellite mode, that should make it pretty easy to see.

As for Monday night, I'm unsure what's going on right now. There were rides at the Tubs aka Seven Tubs. krazcustoms here on MTBR would be the one who would know what's really going on. Hopefully someone else can come up with a good answer for you.

Chilling out
    i'm going to shoot for the 6pm on Tues, no sweat on the Monday, it being my 1st day at my new job I don't know what my schedule will be yet, but will hope something shakes out. Maria and I found that trailhead during our wanderings late last week, as a matter of fact, so I think I know where i'm going (but thanks for confirming it with the map).

I don't know how much 'net i'll have for personal use at work, we'll find out tomorrow.

Looks like Wed I may have to make a choice between Moon and something else that has come up, don't know which way to go yet but we'll see.

Maria and I had a nice cruise at Moon yesterday morning, and I managed to not break another bike even with more play on Deacon. Gotta spend more time on that though. Not sure which bike I like on it more really, both bikes do it sell 'nuff but are so different it's wacky (long travel 26er FS vs no-travel 29er).

Have a great Sunday all, see you soon.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005

Monday night Tubbs ride

I'll be at 7 tubs ( route 115 just past geisinger on right hand side ) this monday( july 20) around 5:30pm. Mike ( krazcustoms/ jedi mike) and the full crew will be there the following week (27) . We park at the entrance before the gate. It'll be a generally slow paced technical ride.

Chilling out
    mon Tubbs sounds fun. I'll see if I can find my way there.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005

Monday Tubs ride

Looks like rain will cancel the ride tonight July 20th and since I was probably the only one who could make it'll probably be best to hold off till next Monday.

Chilling out
    sry for missed connection, i couldn't get on-web or on mail during the day.

i was up at Tubs, got a small sampling, legs still pretty cooked from weekend activities so I didn't ride much more than an hour. slowly explored stuff on the N side of the RR tracks, some fun stuff there. no rain, things were humid (blech) but tasty enough that i'll be back up there soon to find the crossing point to head across the tracks.

until next week, then.

ps: is it just me, or do the gnats love everyone here? wondering if I should go find some repellent or whether my helmet is just so stinky they love it.

mtbr member
    The gnats seem worse than ever this year. I think it is due to all the rain this spring/summer.

Members who have read this thread: 0